Curious about Green Cream

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I've heard about green cream from this message board and was just wondering if anyone could answer a few questions. My internet searches haven't given me too many answers. I have oily/acne prone skin and really would like to get rid of the acne. I'm not sure what level I should use. Should I start with the level 3 or should I go with a higher level. I don't want to end up wasting money on a level 3 and then have it not really do much. any personal experiences/ opinions are highly wanted! Thanks!

Originally Posted by juls91285 /img/forum/go_quote.gif So I've heard about green cream from this message board and was just wondering if anyone could answer a few questions. My internet searches haven't given me too many answers. I have oily/acne prone skin and really would like to get rid of the acne. I'm not sure what level I should use. Should I start with the level 3 or should I go with a higher level. I don't want to end up wasting money on a level 3 and then have it not really do much. any personal experiences/ opinions are highly wanted! Thanks! You need to determine how sensitive your skin is to begin with, or whether you've used retinol products before. Check out the Green Cream website:Green Cream - high potency retinol

and their forum:

edited by moderator

you will be able to get info on which level to start on. You can buy samples of Level 3 and Level 6 from these websites:

Green Cream

DianaYvonne Green Cream 3 Retinol 4 ML

DianaYvonne Green Cream 6 Retinol 4 ML

and try them out before you commit yourself to the larger size. There is enough in each sample tube to last for several applications. It's a gel and you don't need to use a lot, it's absorbs quickly into your skin.

Even for Level 3, if you use it once or twice daily, you should be able to see results. What they advice on their website is to start off gently so you don't freak your skin out. I got samples of Level 3 & 6 to try out before buying the full size (Level 6 for me, I only use it every other night). HTH
smile.gif

P.S. if you are using it during the day, remember to wear sunscreen!!
cool.gif

GC is not for the treatment of ACNE, but more for the treatment of hyperpigmentation. I would reconsider using GC with active breakouts...esp with moderate-severe acne. Milder would be okay, but you can end up more irritated with a nasty IB. I don't recommend it until after you are clear, to be honest.

Oh shoot,

So here I am thinkin "Is she talkin about Queen Helene mask?"

And the stuff's relly called "GREEN CREAM"

How about that...

Originally Posted by juls91285 /img/forum/go_quote.gif So I've heard about green cream from this message board and was just wondering if anyone could answer a few questions. My internet searches haven't given me too many answers. I have oily/acne prone skin and really would like to get rid of the acne. I'm not sure what level I should use. Should I start with the level 3 or should I go with a higher level. I don't want to end up wasting money on a level 3 and then have it not really do much. any personal experiences/ opinions are highly wanted! Thanks! Have you tried the Green Cream yet? Usually I hear that you should start slow (level 3). Many people do jump straight to Level 6 though. I have been using Level 3 for almost a year now. I had absolutely no problems with it. Some people do experience flaking and purging. I will be ordering Level 6 soon. Why don't you order a sample of both Level 3 and 6.
Piximus provided a link to the Green Cream website. There is a forum on that site and you can ask questions and read about peoples experience with their acne/skin conditions. I think there are lots of people who use Green Cream when they have breakouts.

lol no I haven't tried it yet. I still want to though! I think I will get the sample sizes of both just to see. I always say I'm going to get some but I just never have enough money...I just got a promotion, though, and I get my first paycheck on monday so I think as a present to myself I'm going to get some green cream!

I've been on tons of different prescription meds for my stubborn comedonal acne, but was never really satisfied with the results that any prescription gave me. I started using green cream (level 6) 3 months ago in conjunction with paula's choice 2% BHA and it's helped me more than any prescription drug with way less irritation. I'm planning on moving up to level 9 in the next couple of months. So, I guess my advice would be to go for it! A lot of people use green cream for acne along with BHA. I think it's much more effective at treating comedones than inflamed acne or cystic acne though...

Thanks to all. From my question I want to ry MaMa Lotion and Green Cream. Is it okay to use them together? I know I need to introduce seperately but ongoing could you even use them at the same time?

I have suffered from Acne for years and tried loads of things and many have worked, but on my quest I have discovered that if you have acne, it is your body's way of telling you something is up. I have just discovered my problem is candida, but it can be for other things such as hormonal imbalance, IBS, polysystic ovaries, food intolerances and many others so it's worth getting it checked out.

Back