I'm going back to being a Vegetarian...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I hope no one takes offense.....

I was a Vegetarian for 6 years. I went back to eating meat for about 4 years. Well....last week I went to the County Fair and stopped to see the Show animals. Seeing all of those beautiful sheep, cows, goats, piggies and chickens made me really sad. Most of them were going to be auctioned for meat. All of a sudden all of those old feelings crept back in. So.....I've decided to go back to being a Vegetarian. Being such an animal lover I just can't continue eating them. I told my BF, he is a steak-a-holic and was with me when I was a Veg before, he was sad. But I am really happy about it!!
sheep.gif

Originally Posted by luxotika /img/forum/go_quote.gif How do you get protein then? There are sooo many non meat proteins out there. Tofu, nuts and beans to name a few.

It depends on the person. I am not a Vegan, so I can eat animal products. But I don't eat eggs already. I do drink milk and eat honey.

true vegetarian can pretty much get all they need from plant.

OT: i have heard someone i know said be4 she would pretend all the meat just came from package since they were born. and the market here in hk are just cruel and disgusting. becoz theyre freshly killed.

come on. someone has to do it so u can them packed nice and neat and also becoz of them u can pretend to be a saint eating meat and saying the one that kill animals are cruel.

Originally Posted by Savvy_lover /img/forum/go_quote.gif true vegetarian can pretty much get all they need from plant.
OT: i have heard someone i know said be4 she would pretend all the meat just came from package since they were born. and the market here in hk are just cruel and disgusting. becoz theyre freshly killed.

come on. someone has to do it so u can them packed nice and neat and also becoz of them u can pretend to be a saint eating meat and saying the one that kill animals are cruel.

Yeah...some people just pretend that the meat and the animal are not one in the same. For the last 4 years I did feel guilty eating meat....I am just glad now that I am following my original beliefs. Especially because I don't see any difference between domestic animals and animals killed for food. I have had all sorts of pets icluding goats and chickens.

Do you feel funny if you quit eating meat? My sister did it for a couple years and said that she felt a bit light headed sometimes.

No. I actually felt more light and energetic. Weird as it sounds....I think I smelled better too. Not that I stink, but my body had a better smell??? I am not a big fan of nuts, so I ate mostly veggies, sprouted wheats and beans.

Originally Posted by Scarlette /img/forum/go_quote.gif Ummm.. pretty sure you ate steak at Liz's house like it was puppy chow AFTER the fair!!!!!! Yeah.... Not so much anymore. I had like an enlightening or something. I haven't eaten meat since then and I am not going to.

I didnt take any offence to this at all, you didnt come on bashing people who eat meat, most of the PETA people where I am are just crazy and do crazy things. So I respect you for that
smile.gif
I personally eat meat and look at it as the circle of life but that is just my opinion and do not expect people to agree just expect some respect on my own opinions like I give others
smile.gif
I need to look more into high protein foods since I lack the amount of protein I need.

Yeah....I'm not a crazy PETA person. I think beliefs are personal and don't push mine on others.....unless of course it involves eyebrows.

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif unless of course it involves eyebrows. lol this made spill some of my water on myself
rotfl.gif

i wish i could be a vegatarian, i tried it but i just need some mee or chicken, so now i'm eating organic meat (these animals lived on the grass and not in small barns, and they get take care better off) thats the least i can do right?

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yeah...some people just pretend that the meat and the animal are not one in the same. For the last 4 years I did feel guilty eating meat....I am just glad now that I am following my original beliefs. Especially because I don't see any difference between domestic animals and animals killed for food. I have had all sorts of pets icluding goats and chickens. wow chicken as pet! i havent heard that for a long time coz hk now do not let ppl get chickens as pet. i dun wanan go near them either they smell in the market
biggrin.gif

Good for you!! I don't know why people think you can't get any protein if you're vegetarian... there are many quality plant sourced proteins that are easy to get. I don't see anything offensive about you post, either. Hmm.

Well, I'm just glad you're going back to sticking to your original convictions
smile.gif
I have been vegetarian for around 4 or 5 years now... I don't know exactly how long, because I gradually stopped eating animals instead of just cutting them right out. I never really ate fish to begin with, I think it's pretty gross, LOL. I stopped eating red meat totally and just had chicken for a while, but then cut that out too.

You will most likely feel healthier and more energetic once you've got the meat out of your system... especially if you're eating a good and healthy veggie diet! I don't eat eggs either, my stomach can't handle them straight up... only if they're baked in something like muffins or cake. I put soy milk on my cereal and don't drink cow milk. It's hard to drink it now because it tastes so weird, LOL.

That's great!

I think that some people are naturally better off (healthier and happier) as vegetarians. I'd much rather eat fruits and veggies, but living with my parents (who pretty much have red meat at every meal) makes it pretty impossible.

Back