Glamorous Celebrity Makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got a special event coming up and really want your look to pop? Then make
makeup_june07_thm.jpg
sure you take the time to find a makeup style that complements your outfit.

The stars always have the best looks straight off the runways so we show you how to get celebrity worthy ball or special occasion makeup with the least fuss possible…

Kylie Minogue: A dramatic but light eye defines the face, adds drama and yet does not overpower. Balance is key so keeping it light and bright is the call of the day.

makeup_june07_1.jpg

1: Skin illuminating moisturiser gives a light reflecting base, then use a thin layer of foundation to even out the skin. Apply foundation on a brush, working from the inside out in light feathery strokes making sure to blend into the skin along the jaw and brow.

2: A swipe of pressed powder will set your foundation and diminish shine. A sheer or translucent powder gives the finest finish while a powder with a small amount of shimmer gives the skin a light and subtle finish.

3: Using a medium weight brow brush, apply a light purple or grey shadow over the eye moving from the inside to the outside. Blend into this a mid tone silver (with shimmer) working from the inside of the eye to the outside below the crease. Add drama by blending a darker silver into the crease.

4: Line the eye with an eye-liner pencil. To get a smooth, dark application, warm the pencil gently by running the point over your hand before application. When drawing your line, extend slightly beyond the end of the eye on the outer corner and flick upwards to extend the eye. Next line the eye again, this time using a slant edged brush with a small amount of dark silver shadow and blend from the inside to the outside of the eye to create a smoky look.

5: Blush on the apples of the cheeks and a nude lipstick topped up with a pink toned gloss finish the look before two coats of mascara on the lashes.

Product to try: nzgirl Blush on Blusher in Mild Pink $16.50

Halle Berry: This look features a natural toned finish with a bit of glam. Skin perfection and well placed colour make it pop.

makeup_june07_2.jpg
1:
The best way to get a perfect finish with foundation is to opt for a primer. This evens out the skin even before the foundation goes on meaning less foundation, more even skin and of course a better finish. Try Smashbox Photo Finish Primer which can simply smoothed on with fingertips pre-foundation. Give it a go, you will definitely notice the difference.

2: Even out your skin tone with foundation then use concealer on marks, blemishes, redness and under eye circles (if you have them). The easiest way to do this is using a brush and tapping lightly into the skin’s surface. Apply concealer over the entire eye making sure to blend effectively.

3: Set make-up using a pressed powder over the entire face, before applying a mid-toned brown over the eye and highlighting using a gold toned shadow working from the inside to the outside. Line the eye using the same mid-tone brown eye shadow on a slant edged brush on both the upper and lower lash line.

4: Line the lips with fine feathery strokes working towards the middle. Next apply lipstick using a lip brush – the best shade is a mid-toned pink beige. To plump lips apply a dab of gloss to the centre of the bottom lip. And to make lips pop blend a little lighter concealer to the outer corners of the lips.

5: Bronzer over the cheekbones highlights, while a sweep of pink to the apples (apply when you smile) brightens the whole face.

Product to try: Smashbox Photo Finish Primer $69.95

Scarlett Johanson: Pale lips and eyes have an ethereal glow. To get this angelic look it’s as simple as balancing a little shimmer and a little matte.

1: A light base to even out the skin is given a little
makeup_june07_3.jpg

more omph with light reflecting setting powder applied with a large round brush over the majority of the face. If you find the shimmer too strong on first application “water down†the effect by applying a layer of translucent powder over the top.

2: Pale shimmer based eyeshadow over the entire eye makes a great blending base for a light green. Work this from the inside corner out up to the crease. Over this, blend a little gold then dust the whole eye with a large powder brush and a sweep of translucent powder to set. Line the bottom lash line with a little charcoal eyeshadow on a brush whilst the top lash line is lined with black liquid eye-liner. Coated lashes with a double coat of mascara.

3: Gel blusher gives a subtle glow to the cheekbones. Work in thoroughly after applying to a damp makeup sponge to use a minimum of colour. Set with a light sweep of translucent powder.

4: A shimmer on the lips gives a subtle glow. Try a lip gloss with a small amount of fine shimmer in it for the easiest to wear look.

nzgirl - Glamorous Celebrity Makeup

Originally Posted by Savvy_lover /img/forum/go_quote.gif kylie looks horrible in the pic!!! thx for the post !!

i agree

my mom saw her on tv and she wondered why kylies so popular for her hot look coz she didnt think she was hot at all! was she hot ?

LOL kylie is 'our' little dancing queen, she is very popular here in oz (cos she's our girl of course) and in the uk...not sure about use though? she is a little hottie! but with elfin like features i suppose you could say you either love or hate her look. lol

Originally Posted by AngelaGM /img/forum/go_quote.gif I liked HB with her hair short! I also liked natalie portman with her hair short. lol sorry that was so OT

Kylie looked cute in those ads in my magazines. I forgot what clothing company it was tho. I'm going to say H&M?

Back