Curling and lengthening mascara

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
im looking for a lengthening and curling mascara that is cheap and a drugstore brand. ive heard good things about the loreal telescopic but i was allergic to their voluminous mascara so would i be allergic to all their mascaras. And i was the rimmel one called magnified (sp? something like that) does that one really lengthen and curl??? any suggestions on mascaras that will really curl and lengthen at the drugstore

It's hard to find one with everything you want - how about a good quality mascara plus a curling wand?

What about Almay? I have always liked their Mascaras. But my fave is Telescopic or Lash Stylist. So those would not work for you.

Try Almay. I have used it and it really did not do it for me, but it might for you.

Okay, I really love the Loreal Volumnious mascara. I have tried the Telescopic and was dissapointed. It clumped up on my lashes even with the lightest apply I did.

I love diorshow too, but I think she wants a drugstore brand. In that case I personally have had good results with Max Factor- 2000 calories, Maybelline-Volum Express, and CG Lash exact. Also use a eyelashe curler before you apply mascara.

I would also recommend Maybelline Volume Express, and Max Factor Lash Perfection, and Cover Girl Lash Exact. Like some other posters recommend, use a lash curler first. Shu Umera makes a great one, imo,and so does "Sephora" brand...If you want a drugstore curler too, Maybelline is all right, it just needs to be replaced fairly often...I think L'oreal makes one too, and most drugstores have their own(mostly decent) brands as well. Lash curlers can make a big difference in not just forming but maintaining your curled lashes.

The best mascara I've found to hold a curl is Maybelline Full-n-Soft Waterproof. I have super straight (but long!), super pale lashes. I curl them with the trusty Shu Uemera curler (it really is better than drugstore- not extraordinarily better, but noticeably better), then put on a coat of the Full-n-Soft. If I want super volume, I wait for that coat to dry then put some DiorShow on top. If I just go straight to the Dior (or any other) after curling, I find that the curl doesn't "hold".

LOL.. just realized I used "super" three times in one post. Space cadet!

Originally Posted by kaylin_marie /img/forum/go_quote.gif I love diorshow too, but I think she wants a drugstore brand. In that case I personally have had good results with Max Factor- 2000 calories, Maybelline-Volum Express, and CG Lash exact. Also use a eyelashe curler before you apply mascara. For a drug store brand, I like Rimmel.

covergirl lash exact and a curler do the trick. I always find that the Maybelline products have a short shelf life.

Back