I'm pissed...:(

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I stopped by Macy's this morning to return something for my sister. As I was about to leave I saw that there was a coupon in my purse that I printed out a while ago for a purse size of Happy sample. So I walked to the Clinique booth and handed the coupon to the SA. She stared at my coupon for at least one minute and acting if I've gotten the coupon from Pluto and made me to explain where'd I get it from.
tocktock.gif
So I did and she said hold on and went to get me a sample. And while she went to the back to get the sample I walk to the other side of the booth to check out the lipsticks they have since I've been searching for the perfect nude lip color. And then I overheard the SA calling me "another freeloader" as the other SA asked what was going on and what was I looking for, etc. She looked a bit shock when she realized that I was standing in the corner and looking at her. Then she handed me the sample and said, "here you go, your FREE PERFUME", she said it so loud that almost everyone that walked by hear it, and they all looked at me like I'm some kind of cheapo.

What does she think she's selling that make her so much better than everyone else and that gives her the right to humiliate the customers? I wanted to file a complaint but then I didn't feel like going through all the hassles just to get her yell at by the manager. I just don't think I would ever buy anything from Clinique again, most of the SA's I've encountered at Clinique are straight-up mean to the core.
sleepyhead.gif

Whats wrong with her? Hey, free stuff is COOL stuff. Surely if she had the chance to get something free she wouldnt have passed. And its a sample, not a whole bottle of perfume. What a jerk. Sorry you were humiliated. I would of gone a bit berserk on her unintentionally. I despise rudeness.

Umm hello, samples make the SALE! You should def. call and complain, rude people like that should not be SAs and there is NOTHING wrong with getting free samples!

what an a$$wipe that lady, i think you should complain, that it just plain rude!!! i mean hello that's why they have the coupon, so u can try it and if u like it buy it, what a b*tch! man that just pissed me off, excuse my french! lol

I totally would have went off on her, after you heard her telling the other SA that you were another freeloader. what a jerk!

Ugh, SA's like that are one of the main reason I just don't want to helped when I'm shopping. You handled it much better than I would have, I probably would have jumped her or something
rotfl.gif

That is unacceptable behavior and you need to report her to her department manager. I am sorry that she acted like that towards you. You had every right to claim what the company was offering.

I would complain to the manager. There is no excuse for someone to act like that.

That is definately unacceptable. She's getting paid to be nice to you, I bet her manager wouldn't be happy about that behavior.

Tis the season though aparently. The other night me and the boy were at wal-mart and he was buying cigarettes and the woman asked for his ID. Well she looks at it and goes "you're only 21?? You should NOT be smoking" so we just kinda laughed and he was like "yeah yeah" but THEN she started going on and on about how he should quit and she shouldn't give him the cigarettes and how bad of a person he is for smoking. She then made a comment about HOW HE WAS GOING TO DIE BEFORE HE TURNS 40?????? After he said he was going to quit in the fall. I understand people who are against smoking, But who says that?? Especially a salesperson? And it was just the way she was being a complete and total beee-yotch about it. I guess you had to be there, but jerry was really mad about it and said we could even get her fired for that. He wants me to call and tell on her.

ANYWAY didn't mean to still your thunder, just thought I'd try and let you know I went through the same kind of thing and it sucks. I work in retail and even if a customer is getting on my nerves, or i'm having a bad day I'm still really really nice to them. There was no excuse for her to talk to you like that.

Please- please complain. If she did that to you she has done it and will do it again to someone else. I know its a huge hassle especially since you probably will never buy clinique again, but she went out of her way to first make fun of you and then embarrass you- this at least warrents a heads up for her supervisor who is wondering why sales have "sucked" lately.

Originally Posted by kaylin_marie /img/forum/go_quote.gif That is definately unacceptable. She's getting paid to be nice to you, I bet her manager wouldn't be happy about that behavior.
Tis the season though aparently. The other night me and the boy were at wal-mart and he was buying cigarettes and the woman asked for his ID. Well she looks at it and goes "you're only 21?? You should NOT be smoking" so we just kinda laughed and he was like "yeah yeah" but THEN she started going on and on about how he should quit and she shouldn't give him the cigarettes and how bad of a person he is for smoking. She then made a comment about HOW HE WAS GOING TO DIE BEFORE HE TURNS 40?????? After he said he was going to quit in the fall. I understand people who are against smoking, But who says that?? Especially a salesperson? And it was just the way she was being a complete and total beee-yotch about it. I guess you had to be there, but jerry was really mad about it and said we could even get her fired for that. He wants me to call and tell on her.

ANYWAY didn't mean to still your thunder, just thought I'd try and let you know I went through the same kind of thing and it sucks. I work in retail and even if a customer is getting on my nerves, or i'm having a bad day I'm still really really nice to them. There was no excuse for her to talk to you like that.

thats screwed up too, people really need to mind there own bis. she should have just kept her mouth shut, and keep that comment to herself.. that kinda pissed me off. ahhh... what a biiiiiiioooootch.

p.s rizzie i think you shuld def. talk to the manager. that was rude and uncalled for.

I wanna know if that happened to you at the MACY's at 34ST New York? Cause if it did, I hope you know that if you purchase anything from Macy's they hand you the receipt with the name of the salesperson, and you can go to the website and complain about them.

I am outraged too. I must be the Queen of Freebies cause I see coupons in magazines and I straight up to get my free sample. I bet it was not even the full sized bottle of perfume. It was some puny bottle? She is some freakin sales person I would get rid of her. Donot feel bad, I have gotten free stuff all the time, and you know what you were gracious not to put her in her place..She sells cosmetics, that's all. Clinique is not doing well in sales, so they need to give out their stuff for free. I know they are not doing well, I know someone in that company and they have shifted management around, cause their profits have gone down.

FREEBIES!!! Get your freebies without shame!! Victoria's secrets gives out free panties!! why not!!

Back