Crappy Pigmented Eyeshadow

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am so sick of crappy eyeshadows. I've bought so many eyeshadows recently that have like no color. I'm getting very annoyed with eyeshadow, even though it is one of my favorite aspects of makeup. The only thing keeping me from dumping the eyeshadows is the amount of money I've spent on them.

I really can't afford to buy really high end eyeshadows right now, but I am so fusterated with eyeshadows in general
bang.gif

stop wasting money on cheapo brands! or at least invest in time honored eyeshadows that have a good pigment to them. if you cant but like the looks of MAC or Bobbi or Makeup Forever or Urban Decay, then you can always invest in they palette collections, which will get you a lot of colors for a reasonable price. i think Urban Decay makes some of the best priced palettes. or you can always stick with drugstore brands that are tried and true, like jane, milani, nyx...

or start using a primer underneath, it works miracles on cheapo eyeshadows.

Some of the eyeshadows I have purchased in the past were some of the tried and true brands.

I also have UDPP but sometimes it doesn't make a difference. Part of the reason this pisses me off is that I was duped by the sales woman.

How were you duped by the saleswoman? Just curious.

Hmmm... Maybe try your normal eyeshadow routine and post a pic of it, telling us what you used and we could try to help?

When I was in the store, I was talking to the sales woman, someone I've talked to a lot. I saw her fab eye makeup and I asked her what she used. She showed me this palette of beautiful eyeshadows and of course I bought them.

When I got my precious eyeshadow palette home, I tried them out and for the first couple of times they were great. But after the first layer is taken out, the eyeshadows change color, they became duller and ugly and my brush wouldn't pick any shadow up. I have a decent brush that works really well and it had just been cleaned.

So this is just me ranting about crappy eyeshadows.

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif Have you tried Prestige eyeshadows? I only recently found Prestige. I had a hard locating the brand. I wanna try it though. I also want to give NYX's shadows a try, but I have to purchase them off the internet.
But who else has had back luck with shadows?

The only trouble I have had with eyeshadow pigmentation is when I have bought Cover Girl or eyeshadows from the 99 cents store. There are so many great, inexpensive brands out there. You can also try layering a cream eyeshadow over your base and that will help intensify the color as well.

Actully I bought the big pallet(spelling?) of the Claires eyeshadow that has like 80 some shadows in it and it works wonderful, but I did buy the pallett that has like 20 colors in it and that was horrible.

i've never have problem with mine since the only brands i use is milani, nyx, mac, stila, and urban decay. they all seem to have great pigmentation. have you try to apply the eyeshadow wet?

Originally Posted by Share /img/forum/go_quote.gif I am so sick of crappy eyeshadows. I've bought so many eyeshadows recently that have like no color. I'm getting very annoyed with eyeshadow, even though it is one of my favorite aspects of makeup. The only thing keeping me from dumping the eyeshadows is the amount of money I've spent on them.
I really can't afford to buy really high end eyeshadows right now, but I am so fusterated with eyeshadows in general
bang.gif

I feel like all the money you are wasting on crappy shadows could be spent on something that actually works.

Originally Posted by KristieTX /img/forum/go_quote.gif The only trouble I have had with eyeshadow pigmentation is when I have bought Cover Girl or eyeshadows from the 99 cents store. There are so many great, inexpensive brands out there. You can also try layering a cream eyeshadow over your base and that will help intensify the color as well. Cover Girl eyeshadows are the only ones I've ever triedwhere the pigmentation was not any good...That layering cream e/s over your base sounds like a great idea, I will try it too!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by x3kh /img/forum/go_quote.gif Actully I bought the big pallet(spelling?) of the Claires eyeshadow that has like 80 some shadows in it and it works wonderful, but I did buy the pallett that has like 20 colors in it and that was horrible. I have the big palette and it is wonderful. I also have the 20 color palette, which is part of my crappy eyeshadows. What I am going to do is toss out the eyeshadows and keep the palettes themselves and put pressed pigments into them.

I agree that companies like Milani and NYX have very nice eyeshadows, and are easy on the wallet.

I also like mineral eye shadows a lot, and they tend to be a little cheaper than, say, MAC shadows or something.

Originally Posted by brewgrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif stop wasting money on cheapo brands! or at least invest in time honored eyeshadows that have a good pigment to them. if you cant but like the looks of MAC or Bobbi or Makeup Forever or Urban Decay, then you can always invest in they palette collections, which will get you a lot of colors for a reasonable price. i think Urban Decay makes some of the best priced palettes. or you can always stick with drugstore brands that are tried and true, like jane, milani, nyx...
or start using a primer underneath, it works miracles on cheapo eyeshadows.

Agreed. With the higher end products you're getting more pigmentation, so the product ends up lasting you a lot longer than the "cheapos." I also agree that it's best to buy the palettes, because you get quite a bit of colors to play with for a good price.

I would say that Milani and NYX are your best bets if you want to stick with the cheaper brands.

I would say the best pigmented ES is Milani, NYC, Jane, and Loreal HIP. UDPP works awesome for me. I've never really had problems where they look very crappy on me. Urban Decay has some inexpensive palettes that have great colors in them. I use them all the time, they are wonderful... I always get compliments.

Back