Novel Twist and Brushes from MAC?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay, I have a question, and considering MAC is celebrated as one of the best makers of brushes, I need to know.

Has anyone even gotten the set with brushes such as this one
_5443276.jpg
_5443277.jpg

From the Novel Twist Collection. Has anyone ever bought these sets, is the brush quality the same? I know I like longer handles on my brushes, but most of the time it doesn't matter. I normally use Pout brushes and misc. ones I bought from random designers, or ones I got for free from my work.

I really like both brush sets. They are $48 each, but which one do you think I should get, or should I get both?

Help D:

From what I've read, the brush sets are made in China and the "regular" brushes are made in Japan. I don't have any MAC brushes, but it sounds like the brush sets are not quite the same quality. I'm not saying their bad, just a step below. I was considering the pro set, but I really only want one brush out of the set.

Considering that a brush alone is like $27, the $48 for all of them is a good buy.

I bought the Novel Twist Pro brush set and it's obviously not the same quality as the full brushes. But it serves it's purpose and that is to have travel sized brushes and good for quick touch-ups.

Blegh. I really really want the awesome quality. I guess I'm just going to have to buy the regular ones. I can live with that, but I am a serious quality over quantity type of person. I want those super soft natural bristles, if I don't get them, I'm mean D:

I like the little brushsets and they are great for travel. Im waiting to get my mini 182!

I bought the Pro brush set. the 187 is really soft but I don't like it as much as the 190 for applying liquid foundation.

I bought the set in Christmas that came out! And I love them! They have been washed over and over and used everyday. No shedding what so ever and they are supper soft. I got the 188 in mine and it is fab!

I say go for it!

It does make me sad that they are not the same quality, but I do care for my brushes, and I am trying to collect MAC as well.

Hmmm.

~decides she will buy them tomorrow anyways!!~ I got a nice fat check, I might as well treat myself
biggrin.gif

I have the Pro brush set.. the Pink bag. Yes, the quality of the brushes are the same.. they are just littler so you can travel with them. I love mine. I just picked it up yesterday.

ok to settle is all, the MAC brushes from the sets ARE NOT the same quality as the regular sized one. For 1) they are made in different places, and 2) The brushes in the brush sets are factory made while the regular brushes are handmade. Although they are not as good quality of the regular brushes they are still pretty well, like someone said, just a step down and what not. it is still a good buy!

Originally Posted by Colorlicious /img/forum/go_quote.gif ok to settle is all, the MAC brushes from the sets ARE NOT the same quality as the regular sized one. For 1) they are made in different places, and 2) The brushes in the brush sets are factory made while the regular brushes are handmade. Although they are not as good quality of the regular brushes they are still pretty well, like someone said, just a step down and what not. it is still a good buy! good to know... then don't read my reply... lol, I didn't know they were made differently.. I like mine though.
smile.gif

I just got my pro brush set, and I do have a lot of the regular brushes in this set already. I just bought these for travel and my purse. I definitely notice a difference in quality, but I still love this brush set. I mean the 187 is $42 alone, and the brush set is $48.. I wouldn't expect them to be the same quality. It is just a nice set to have in ADDITION to the regular brushes.

Thanks colorlicious for pointing out the differences!
smile.gif

When you ladies say the quality is not the same do you mean they shed more, or they're just not as soft?

I would have to have both. I like that each set has different brushes.

Originally Posted by Shanelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif When you ladies say the quality is not the same do you mean they shed more, or they're just not as soft? Don't know about shedding yet... I will have to use them more. They are not as soft, but they're good. I just love my reg 187... I need to buy extras just to have.

I don't know. I keep feeling them... maybe there isn't much of a difference. I know they smell different, but that'll go away. It is hard for me to get used to the shorter handles. Overall, I think it is an excellent buy.

your welcome ladies
smile.gif
anytime you have a mac question, i'll try to come to the rescue! lol i'm such a dork, ok bye now!!
vogel.gif

Back