Honeymoons

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
To the married folk:

Where did you honeymoon?

Was it everything you hoped it would be? (out of the sheets i mean
tongue.gif
)

To the unmarried folk:

Where do you someday dream of honeymooning?

---

Well, I've been married for 3 years now and Wes and I have still not been on our honeymoon. We couldn't afford it at the time and we want to do something really specific, so we put it off until we could really splurge.

Some people dream of hawaii . . . not me and Wes
wink.gif

Our dream is to go to Finland and go to Tuska Open Air, a huge metal festival that goes on there every year(for the past 10 years anyway). Then I want to see everything there is to see in that beautiful country. Everything. I know, I'm a weirdo, but words do not even begin to describe how in love I am with Finland even though I've never been there before. It's just so full of history and beauty . . . ugh, I know I sound like a total loser! LOL!

Then, if we're really lucky we'll be able to go to Germany as well, to see the main even of all main events when it comes to Metal . . . Wacken Open Air.

I want to go to these places so badly I can't even put it into words properly. The thought of someday going just makes me float.

Maybe someday . . .

Bryan and I have been married since January 10,2005 and we still have not had a honeymoon. We were supposed to go on a cruise January 2007 but I had to have surgery for two breast tumors that turned out to be benign. So maybe next year we will take a cruise.

Thanks Kee! I will try to remove my head from your butt now! LMAO!! I wish we could IM!

Well...

I am a traveler in the heart - i love to travel, and want to go in so many places! I don't know if i can pick the place for my honeymoon (because if i marry Bruno he'll say that anywhere in the world to him is fine if he's with me)!

Places that i'd like to go:

Salvador/Bahia - home state of my boyfriend and one of the most beautiful places in the country

Cancun and Mexico City- i'm a big Caribbean fan, and also want to be able to go to both cities - because i'm crazy for history too
smile.gif

Europe - so many cities! pratically the whole continent i'd like to go - Portugal (eat a lot of delicious candies, i'd like to go to Lisbon and to the Porto city), Spain (I'd like to go to Barcelona, Sevilla, Granada and Madrid), France (Paris! oh Paris! but also the south of France), Monaco, Italy, German, Netherlands, Belgium.... SO many places, so little time!

Caribbean countries (Aruba, St Maarten) and Cuba would be awesome as well.

Too many places, too little time (and money).

Me and Eric got married in Dec of 05. We decided we wanted to go to the beach. Super cheap, because of the off season, and still just as beautiful. So, Myrtle Beach it was. Too bad it rained almost the whole entire 5 days we were there. Which, wouldnt be too bad, but the beautiful "resort" we stayed in had open hallways. It's awesome, we went back to the same resort this summer and adored it. But its a whole different story when its 50 degrees out and the carpet is soaked.

Originally Posted by mrs.jones1217 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Too bad it rained almost the whole entire 5 days we were there. Wow, that's lame =/
I assume you guys made the most of it anyway?
wink.gif

lets try again

Unfortunately, thats when I learned my husband is nowhere near as sexual as I am.

screw the spoilers

I'm not married but when or if I do, I always thought about getting married in Mexico, or Hawaii. It would be a wedding/honeymoon all in one. A few relatives of mine have done that. Otherwise my dream honeymoon would be either Tahiti, Cook Islands- South Pacific area.

My husband and I got married in March 2007 and had our honeymoon throughout Northern California (Mendocino, Carmel, and the Redwood Forests were high points.)We also kept finding gorgeous towns along the coast of Oregon. It was a very exploratory trip, in every way.

Kee, I hope you get to take you dream vacation soon! You are definitely due for it. The best time to look to go to Europe tends to be winter, but mid to late fall are cheaper, too,and it's still beautiful then(though Finland might be really cold by then, idk!But then, you're from Canada, you're tougher than most tourists...)Maybe around early to mid September?--well, I'll be hoping you get there!

Angela, I hope you get your cruise, too! A friend of mine went on his honeymoon cruise on a "packaged deal" throughout Mexico for 10 days and loved it, and someone else I know went to Alaska on the same sort of deal--really surprisingly nice, inexpensive tours are out there. So here's hoping you're on your dream cruise soon, too!

If on the off chance I get married (I'll just go with the flow) I'd like to go to brazil or greenland. I'd for sure go somewhere with a nice spa.

We went to a Sandals Royal Bahamian Resort and Spa in the Bahamas for a week and it was soooooooooo much more than I had hoped for. The resort was gorgoeus; the food and services were amazing; the room and view were breathtaking. It really was a dream honeymoon.

Originally Posted by SierraWren /img/forum/go_quote.gif Kee, I hope you get to take you dream vacation soon! You are definitely due for it. The best time to look to go to Europe tends to be winter, but mid to late fall are cheaper, too,and it's still beautiful then(though Finland might be really cold by then, idk!But then, you're from Canada, you're tougher than most tourists...)Maybe around early to mid September?--well, I'll be hoping you get there! Thanks
smile.gif
Having grown up in Newfoundland, I am definitely used to cold weather >.<

Originally Posted by Kee /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks
smile.gif
Having grown up in Newfoundland, I am definitely used to cold weather >.< Kee, I miss your newfie jokes, lol! They were hilarious!
smile.gif

Me too! ( in regards to the cold weather). Except I live in Winnipeg, lol!

hahaha! Newfie Jokes rule!
tongue.gif

Am I weird for wanting to go where it's freezing cold instead of all those tropical places??
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Kee /img/forum/go_quote.gif hahaha! Newfie Jokes rule!
tongue.gif

Am I weird for wanting to go where it's freezing cold instead of all those tropical places??
tongue.gif

Id have to say you must be crazy!! Anytime I go on vacation I almost NEED to be at a hot sunny beach. I love the ocean and hot weather and sand and all of it. These canadian winters drive me absolutely crazy.
My only exception is Amsterdam where I go to enjoy the smoking, drinking, shopping, and AMAZING food which is found nowhere else. I love Amsterdam.

Well Im not married but I might be someday most likely we'd go to Amsterdam together, or the Caribbean, or maybe Greece (thats where Im from and Ive gone nearly every summer since I was little little) Greece has the most amazing beaches, we'd probably go to one of the islands...

I think we've been married for 15 months, we didn't have a wedding or a honeymoon. I am pretty easily satisfied with these kinds of stuff. IDK cruises or vacationing isn't my type of thing and I guess neither is he. I guess it's a lot of money saved. Maybe down the line I'll just ask for a huge shopping spree
smile.gif

hmm. Im not married but I would want to go to either some place tropical, like thailand, I've been there 3 times now and I seriously love that country. Super cheap everything, great shopping and it's uber romantic! Or, one of those places with little huts on the water where you can feed the fish through a hole..

If not there then probably rome, or anywhere in italy or france in the summer time, in fact, anywhere in europe. Greek islands, south of france, the black forrest.. I LOVE switzerland.. somewhere with lots of history and beautiful romantic hotels is my optimum!

haha, but like my parents, I wouldn't limit it to one trip.. i'm a travelaholic. For my age I've gone to a lot of places, and travel is kind of in my blood. My parents are friends with the founders of the lonely planet guide books so it's not surprising
biggrin.gif

But yeah, the bf can choose when the time comes. I think we both have similar ideas about what we'd like so I wouldn't care really, as long as I was with him

Back