Favorite FACE Sunscreen

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What's your favorite sunscreen that you use on your face? It's hard to find one that doesn't look oily or cause irritation. Thanks.

Another vote for Dermalogica. I use the Extra Rich Face Block SPF30 every morning under my make up.

well you know it, LRP is my HG brand.

i love love love (lol) LRP Anthelios. comes in spf20,40,50. take the "fluide extrême" version, it's milky, non comedogenic, it glides easily on the skin and absorbed quickly. it also makes a good base under a foundation
smile.gif

the advantage is it really protects you from all the spectrum of both UVA and UVB, and it's made by dermatologists, so the risks of you having an allergy are really limited.

(know there's also posthelios, it's a great after sun.)

anyway, whatever you choose, when it comes to sunscreen, don't hesitate to buy more expensive brands, LRP, Avène, Clarins...

Originally Posted by chinadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif Using the Neutrogena one forgot the name, oil free Helioplex. That Helioplex product is ****ing amaaazing!!!!!

I was on a Carribean cruise this spring, and I remember (barely...a lot to drink at the beach bar..
smile.gif
) when we were in Honduras, we went to a really cool beach...well, I LOVE the water, and spent about six hours swimming in the ocean. I plastered myself with SPF 50/75 of Banana Boat sunblock for my arms and legs....but I used the Nutrogena w/ Helioplex on my bust, neck, and face (I only had a small tube, and wanted to use the better one on my more delicate parts)....I was applying at least every hour...well...needless to say, I got a wicked burn EVERYWHERE BUT the spots I'd put the Nutrogena. My husband too. I was amazed I got such a horrible burn with that "other" product when I was re-app'ing it SO often...(but I'm really fair)...but my face, neck, and bust were fine. That covinced me. I looked for it on the ship, but they didn't have any in the giftshop. As soon as we got home, I bought some more. I will be using that from now on....THE best stuff I've eva' used!!!

I am using Vichy Capital Soleil (for face) for a while now.

vichy_ip30_cr.jpg

I like it. Did not give me breakouts and no irritation.

And not as greasy as others are.

Sunscreen is so tricky for combination skin, especially if you want to add makeup on top... My favorite one so far is the zinc oxide based SPF 18 by The Organic Pharmacy. It has a lovely, light texture and has not caused any irritation or breakouts.

Yeah it's tricky for my skin too, I do not like to use it all the time but I know it's good for my skin.... but I will stay pale longer...
frown.gif

i just discovered mychelle sun shield spf 28 and am liking it more and more each day. it's natural, anti-aging and doesn't break me out. it gives a matte non greasy finish.

Aveeno Continous protection SPF 45 is the best yet as far as waterproof- otherwise I love Olay Complete SFF 15 when am not in the sun a lot

shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Cream SFP 36!!!

its not greasy so its perfect for wearing it under the MU!! and gives good amount of protection too!!!

I will def buy it again!!

I'm using the Neutrogena Dry Touch something... not crazy about the texture, maybe I apply too much. I put makeup over it and works just fine. I have La Roche Posay Anthelios in SPF 60 too and I don't use it daily because it leaves a purplish white cast on my skin but I use it for the beach, I also have that one in stick form and I use it around my eyes daily.

Another vote for LRP Anthelios! I really like it. No breakouts, not oily... Before this, I couldn't stand suncreen on my face (I used Ombrelle, which was disgusting), but now, I'm officially addicted.

Vichy Capital Soleil is a great choice too.

Back