Stick On nails?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone use these besides me? I know why I use them.... Because I'm always in a hurry, to change modes and they are easy to apply and remove... So I keep a couple boxes of First Kiss Self Sticking Nails all painted up and ready for any last minute event. And I always seems like they are half gone in the stores, so someone is buying them...

So do any of you girls use there and if so why?

Karren

I havent since jhs but i saw a great tutorial on MUA on a way to make them last. It makes me want to try it!

I keep my nails short. I know, I'm weird! I just think about the germs that live under nails and it makes my belly flop! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I already wash my hands a gazillion times a day as is!! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I try to let my nails grow enough so they pass the tips a little. I used love getting fake nails in jhs. lol

I've never worn stick-ons before because my nails are naturally pretty long. If they come off easily, do you find that you lose a few by the end of the day?

They actually stay on tight!!! But remove cleanly with a little force... And since i don't wear the but for 4 - 8 hours at a time, I can reuse them up to 3 times... 36 in a box... and i found some restickable glue to help make them last longer... Once in a while I will loose one! lol Just hope it's never in a place that they would not expect to see a pretty red nail!! lol

Karren

I used to wear them in the 5th grade....now, it is no falsies
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Aprill849 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I used to wear them in the 5th grade....now, it is no falsies
smile.gif
It's hell playing catchup to you real girls.... So I'm up to the 5th grade level now I guess!!! hehe
Karren

I use them, i need to work as a man so acrylic or gel nails out of the question.....and of course that look very sexy, just have to be careful liek Karen said not to lose one in a wrong place

Geez I havent worn those things since 5th grade. They were fun back then. I try and let my nails grow but sometimes that doesnt happen.

No, I don't use them now, but did a long time ago. I let my nails grow out now and they actually need to be cut! I hate typing with nails. Anyway, Karen, it's a really good idea especially if you are on the go and since they are cheap it's even better. Rock on!
wink.gif

I don't use them but I don't use fake nails either. I wonder if it's bad for your nails to glue stuff on and rip it off?? Or do you use remover? I guess I haven't REALLY tried them. But I am pretty lazy so it would suck to have to change them often.

Different strokes!!
biggrin.gif

p.s. I didn't wear them in 5th grade either. My mom didn't allow makeup stuff until I was in highschool. Plus, I was too busy beating up boys and reading Emelia Bedelia to care about my nails lol (they were prolly really dirty)

Originally Posted by makeuptard /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't use them but I don't use fake nails either. I wonder if it's bad for your nails to glue stuff on and rip it off?? Or do you use remover? I guess I haven't REALLY tried them. But I am pretty lazy so it would suck to have to change them often.
Different strokes!!
biggrin.gif

p.s. I didn't wear them in 5th grade either. My mom didn't allow makeup stuff until I was in highschool. Plus, I was too busy beating up boys and reading Emelia Bedelia to care about my nails lol (they were prolly really dirty)

The glue is on the nails and its like a strong rubber cement.. So you don't need a solvent or a remover... And I love Emelia Bedelia... And hated getting beat up by girls!!! Lol.
My nails are are always trimmed short cause I somethins work undreground it the mines and on cars.. So its just fast and easy for me to use the self stickons.. I suppose for any woman that has nail issues or works in an environment where her nails are compramised, stickons would work well for those occassions where she wanted to get all gussied up and go out?

Not just for 5th graders!! Hehe

Karren

I think it's a great idea. I don't wear falsies of any kind as I like to grow my own nails, but imagine it's a lifesaver!

I haven't worn stick ons in years. If I go for falsies I either go to the salon and get acryllic/gel nails for I buy the ones from like Walmart that you can just glue the whole nail on.

Originally Posted by dreamgirl_leah /img/forum/go_quote.gif I haven't worn stick ons in years. If I go for falsies I either go to the salon and get acryllic/gel nails for I buy the ones from like Walmart that you can just glue the whole nail on. I've used the glue on Revlon nails and always takes way too long to remove and it's a mess (can't imagine soaking your nails in acetone is healthy in the long term, IMHO) ... at least for me... When I change F2M it's a 5 minute transformation and down the road... lol M2F takes 15 minutes. So stick-on's are just super convinent for me, especially if I have them already painted up...
Karren

Originally Posted by Karren Hutton /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've used the glue on Revlon nails and always takes way too long to remove and it's a mess (can't imagine soaking your nails in acetone is healthy in the long term, IMHO) ... at least for me... When I change F2M it's a 5 minute transformation and down the road... lol M2F takes 15 minutes. So stick-on's are just super convinent for me, especially if I have them already painted up...
Karren

Oh I can definately see how stick ons would be the most practical thing. You couldn't very well get anything any more permanent and try to remove them all the time. I'm sure you rock those nails girl!!
smile.gif

I have used them a couple of times. And they really are messy, and it's quite tricky to do it yourself if you're not used to it. But the effect is really nice.

Nope. As a nailtech I simply cannot enodorse stick on nails. I know that I can always tell. I never mistake them for someone's natural nail. Acrylic and gel can be applied in such a way that it is not obvious that they were not homegrown.

Back