My pet bird (Ember) is sick

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ember hasn't been feeling well for the past week and a half. He is certainly not himself, becomes upset very easily and doesn't want to come near me. He usually loves to sit on my shoulder etc. He is making whimpering type noises part of the day and night.

I tried changing his food slowly and other things but it is not helping. Most of the day he is sleepy off and on.

Last night he was a bit wobbly on his feet, although today he seems more steady.

I phoned a vet and plan on taking him in tomorrow. I pray that whatever is is making him ill can be cured. Ember is 5 years old.
scared.gif

ember1newcutejf7zn7.jpg

Maybe someone else has given him something different to eat without you knowing?

I'm sorry he still isnt feeling well. I hope the vet gives you some insight on whats going on.

I really hope your parakeet is ok. I know how it feels when a pet is ill, and you feel so helpless.

My pet canary died 2 weeks ago
frown.gif
I am truely devestated. He was sick for awhile- we could tell he just wasn't himself. He was sleeping alot too. He had a lack of energy. Made weird noises with his mouth- almost like a wheezing or clicking noise. His feathers just got all gross, and his eye were kinda always half closed. Is your bird sitting at the bottom of the cage all the time? Can he still jump up and ontop his perches?

Hope he feels better soon, feel freee to PM me if you'd like.

Babe-I don't know what to say. Could be the heat you know--it's hotter than heck everywhere. Feelin' kinda droopy myself. Just be glad Ember doesn't have your first dr. (Smile)

I'll pray for poor little Ember tonight <33 Hope he ends up being alright.

Awww he is so cute! Maybe he is just under the weather. I hope he gets better really soon.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by greeneyedangel /img/forum/go_quote.gif My pet canary died 2 weeks ago
frown.gif
I am truely devestated. He was sick for awhile- we could tell he just wasn't himself. He was sleeping alot too. He had a lack of energy. Made weird noises with his mouth- almost like a wheezing or clicking noise. His feathers just got all gross, and his eye were kinda always half closed. Is your bird sitting at the bottom of the cage all the time? Can he still jump up and ontop his perches?Hope he feels better soon, feel freee to PM me if you'd like.

I'm sorry to hear about your canary.
frown.gif
I know if anything happened to Ember I would feel devestated as well. Amazing how smart birds are.
He sits on his perch, I haven't seen him on the bottom of his cage. He also makes wheezing noises, whimpers most of the night, tired during the day, eyes closing off and on. He seems to eat okay and drink water. Today he wasn't whimpering as much. I don't push him to come out of his cage, but leave the door open in case he wants out. He doesn't have much energy.

The weather here has been really hot, but we keep the AC going, unless it affects him somehow?

Thank you everyone for your support.
smile.gif

His appt is at 8:30 am tomorrow, I hope whatever he is suffering from is curable.

Oh no! I hope Ember is okay! I know how much the pretty birdie means to you Shelley!
hug.gif

Back