Who is your favorite *classic* Hollywood beauty icon?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I saw something similar on another board and I thought I'd bring it here.
smile.gif

I love Rita Hayworth and Ava Gardner. I love their hair, makeup, and clothing styles. It's just so beautiful and classy.

What do you guys think? Who are your favorite *classic* Hollywood icons?

I really like fred astaire and ginger rogers. Love them, especially together... her dresses were amazing.

Hmm, as for the others, there is one that I am thinking of but I cant remember her name. There were so many classy, gorgeous women back then!

grace kelly and sophia loren

oh, ava gardner was gorgeous too.

i was also a jackie o fan.

Originally Posted by bella1342 /img/forum/go_quote.gif grace kelly and sophia loren,i was also a jackie o fan. these would be two of my faves also..

Ingrid Bergman, does she count as a Hollywood icon?

Grace Kelly is gorgeous too, as is Ava Gardner.

I guess i'll be all cliche with marilyn monroe. shes always been my favorite, and we share the same birthday. i adore her blonde locks.

Oh! I know she's not really a Hollywood icon, not the same way some of the others mentioned are, but I just LOVE Eartha Kitt!

Ava Gardner, Lauren Bacall, and Judy Garland because she's so cute in the Wizard of Oz !

Vivien Leigh because she is the only actress that has actually made me believe she was a southerner. She nailed the southern accent in TWO fabulous movies and she was British. All actors should watch her in Gone with the Wind and Streetcar Named Desire to see what an actor can do with a southern accent. Most actors totally bomb in their attempts to be southern.

Grace Kelly. She is in so many great classic movies. Rear Window and Mogambo are my favorites.

Marilyn Monroe. My house is full of her photos and I have almost every book written about her.

Back