Monave lipstick/lipgloss?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am loving my Monave Hyeyeon CF and Angel setting powder and am trying to decide about some of their lippies. I was wondering if anyone here has tried the glazes, liquid gloss or potted gloss and if so what your favorite are? Can you describe colors, textures, flavors for me?

TIA!!!

hi Ruby, I love the Monave sheer lip glazes...my favorite is honey!! i bought a mini to try and loved it so much i ordered the full size the next day. i also have a full size in maple which is a little darker, but still really nice. i definitely recommend them
biggrin.gif

Hi Makeupchicky, I have heard Honey is really pretty so will put that one on my list to try. Thanks so much!

Hi Ruby-

I bought 5 of the mini lip glazes. My favorite is the nude- a plum brown neutral adds just a hint of color to my lips. Also got neutral lip- a little darker than nude, maple a darker neutral, champagne light beigy gold, and Sugar silver shimmer. Actually I kind of wrote about them in order of how I liked them. I find that all the colors are wearable and they aren't sticky. Almost like a colored lip balm rather than what you think of as lip gloss, but I really like them.

Hoozey, thank you for the wonderful review! There are so many formulas and colors to choose from it's kinda hard to decide. I really appreciate this!

Ruby,

You're welcome. I would be lost without MuTers! FYI- I have tried Lumi-lips from Lumiere, they are more like a lip oil with some color. Just got some sale lip glosses from Mad Minerals last week. These were not as sheer as Monave's. I got them because they were less than $3 for full sized ones. The color is quite intense. Littlestuff4u also has sheer lip glosses in little pots for under $4 if I remember. She has added more colors recently. These are quite nice. Also lip balm feel, a nice sheer color but they have a bit of sweetness to them- I think maybe orange- and more shine than Monave. My 13 year old daughter loves these because it's a little color but feels so good.

Hoozey, thanks for the suggestions! I have never ordered anything from Mad Minerals or Littlestuff4u, but I will check the sites out. I have 2 Lumilips too and I agree w/you that they are very sheer and mostly shiny from the jojoba oil I think. The Littlestuff4u sounds exactly like what I'm looking for!

Hoozey, I just looked at the Littlestuff4u site-which gloss pots did you order? The one that comes in pairs for $5? How are their shipping prices compared to Monave's?

The lip tint is the one that is glossy but sheer and a hint of color. They are $3.50. I looked at the others and those look like they are a bit more opaque but still look lovely. The shipping is about $4 but there is no handling charges. If you spend $25 you can pick a free eye mini. Her colors are beautiful. She usually throws in a little something too. You can order Monave colors on her site too- which may actually save you some $ since you won't pay the $2 handling fee and can combine an order and not pay two shipping fees. Shipping is free on $50 orders. I like that she carries many brands so you can try some of each and find what works for you.

Excellent-forgot about that $2 handling fee too. I will most likely be placing an order here soon, as soon as I figure out what I want! Thanks so much for all this wonderful information!

Hoozey, I noticed something when looking at the Littlestuff4u site on the Monave products. The Angel powder is listed for the the same price, but less quantity and she doesn't have some of the lippies on sale there as Monave does. Have you ordered any Monave powders from this site? Do they really give you less product? Maybe I'll just order those little pot glosses and get the Monave stuff from Deb!

I've never ordered Monave from there but did BE. They were full sized and same price as BE elsewhere. Maybe it's the same size but you know how hard it is to tell what amount really is until you get it- everyone describes the amount differently. BTW- Sandra will actually make up a lip tint in any color you'd like. So if you want something pink- just email her or put it in the comment box.

Thanks, Hoozey! Sandra sounds great if she is willing to make custom colors, maybe I will ask her for something neutral-pinky.

Has anyone tried their lip products? Moisturizing enough? I found their colors look so radiant and beautiful, but don't know how do they look like for real. Any comments?

Back