What is your most frustrating hair problem right now?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I see so many rant about hair, this is the official thread to let it all out. What bothers you about your hair at the moment.

oh, this thread was made for me !

i wanted longer hair, but now it's all damaged and all my efforts (shea butter, oils, air dry, minimal use of the comb, brush hidden in the bathroom...) only prevent more split ends to appear
scared.gif
. so i need to cut it.

i'm not satisfied with my hairdresser, so i decided to change. but all the other hairdressers i found would take 45$, just for a shampoo (full of silicones, thanks a lot) a cut (pff, a few centimeters of hair) and for a blow-dry my hair can't really stand right now. no way i'm gonna pay that much when i don't ask for a complicated cut or a dye.

my mom told me i could go at her haidresser, who is really good and cheaper, but he's on holidays until the end of the month.

and i feel like i'm gonna be bald before with all the dry hair i have on my comb each time i detangle it ! (not mentioning how much time i loose trying to detangle those dry ends !!).

I can't seem to have colored hair and a healthy hair. It's one or the other.. not both. Also it's so hard to find a good hairdresser. They always cut shorter than what you tell them.

I have terrible split ends due to straightening my hair. Also I got highlights in June and they have already grown about an inch !!! I hate the look of my natural color now it looks all boring and matte and too dark
frown.gif

My hair style requires a straight iron and I don't have one and can't afford one
frown.gif
It looks horrid.

But thanks to a lil angel named Nox, I'ma have one soon! She offered to send me not one but TWO of her old straighteners! Can you believe it?
redface.gif

I'm struggling with growing out layers for a longer, blunt cut look. I finally decided to suffer through it without getting it trimmed because each time I went in I wound up with more layers. For dry ends I put cheap conditioner on just the ends BEFORE shampooing, and then use a good conditioner afterwards.

My hair is long and healthy (thank God!) but I dunno what color I should have. Whatever color I have had I liked. I like it blonde/goldish b/c is goes with my tan but then I also like it dark b/c it looks exotic. *ugh* I dunno.

My hair is a frizzy dry mess, and my roots grown more than 2 inches now, so i have to re-do my chemical straightening *which thank god i'm gonna do on next week* i'm also planning on doing more home treatments to my hair

Split ends and yadda yadda i just deal - here is too humid to not have frizzy hair :?

My hair is so frizzy. I dont how to get rid of it. Ive tried so many things to get rid of and nothing seems to work. It gets really old. Besides that I like my hair.

Originally Posted by Kee /img/forum/go_quote.gif My hair style requires a straight iron and I don't have one and can't afford one
frown.gif
It looks horrid.
But thanks to a lil angel named Nox, I'ma have one soon! She offered to send me not one but TWO of her old straighteners! Can you believe it?
redface.gif

aaww kee thats so super nice you lucky thing!

my hair problem..hhmm where do i start?

i had white blonde hair(dyed), and totally LOVED it!

i tried to save $ by doing it myself totally made it turn into straw, it has so many split ends, and i put a permanent black dye through it, and now i want to go to choc brown and dont think it will work as the black is still in there! and WILL not risk having it stripped so i can go to blonde as i think it would snap off or fall out lol.

I have some serious breakage issues that are driving me crazy. I wish I could learn how to wrap my hair because I think that would help but no matter what I do my hair won't stay "wrapped". I even tried sleeping in one of the old school satin sleep caps but that didn't last long...grr

I have a very frizzy hair and i have highlights that are already grown so i need to color my hair and i don't know what to do. Should i go to the salon or do it at home and what color should i do.

Not as much volume as I would like.

and I think I'm getting bored of my hair.

I just dyed my hair "auburn" (Clairol Natural Instincts #22 Cinnaberry if anyone cares LOL) and it's freaking MAGENTA. I've been washing it every other day for 2 weeks and it has not faded at all. Nope, nuh uh, not even a little. My hair was about the same color as the "before" swatch, probably a shade lighter at the most, and virgin.

THIS IS SO WEIRD UGH....

I kinda like it now, but geez Clairol should let people know that their red dyes are actually purple. And "semi-permanent" is a term Clairol uses loosely at best.

I don't really know how to mantain my hair i guess.. somehow it never feels as smooth as when I first step out of the saloon.. can feel kind of sticky even though I've just washed it the previous day, and the weirdest thing is that sometimes I can discover split 'ends', only they aren't at my hair ends, but at the middle.. yes the 2 join back together. Weird huh..

my hair won't curl no matter what I do. curling iron, rollers, hot air brush. nothing works! I keep getting it cut hoping that would help, but now it is shorter and unruly instead of longer and unruly. maybe I need to do a Britney and shave my head.............

Latest posts

Back