Sign in to follow this  
stephro123

The official brushes thread

Originally Posted by fishchick72 View Post
does it take more than 24 hours to dry???
Yes. My AN kabuki took about two days to dry totally. I think I washed it on a Sunday evening and it was ready to use Tuesday afternoon. Synthetic takes a looong time to dry! pfeif.gif

oh boy, I'm gonna need a back up for sure then!! I wish I had known that, I would've just ordered them both at the same time! I suppose I'll have to use my BE kabuki as a back up in the meantime...........I soooooo hate that brush!

I'm one of the very few people who has never used a Kabuki, didn't know I needed one! Is it used for foundation application or for buffing afterward? I can't tell the difference between Lumiere's Baby Buki and the the other Kabuki w/the short handle, aside from the price, does anyone know? Do you have more control with the long handle one? What's the importance???

Originally Posted by cherish 66 View Post
I'm one of the very few people who has never used a Kabuki, didn't know I needed one! Is it used for foundation application or for buffing afterward? I can't tell the difference between Lumiere's Baby Buki and the the other Kabuki w/the short handle, aside from the price, does anyone know? Do you have more control with the long handle one? What's the importance???
I have heard the babi buki is really tiny.

Boar's hair sounds about right. I hate the BE brushes.

My favorite kabuki is actually this one: eBay: PINK KABUKI BRUSH For Minerals, Powder, Blush New! SALE (item 300117386149 end time Jun-08-07 18:27:38 PDT)

It's goat hair but it's high quality, so it's soft at the tips but still dense enough to give good coverage. I also have a luscious kabuki (squirrel) and it was too soft so it didn't give good foundation coverage. It works excellently for veil, though.

Originally Posted by Heifzilla View Post
Boar's hair sounds about right. I hate the BE brushes.

My favorite kabuki is actually this one: eBay: PINK KABUKI BRUSH For Minerals, Powder, Blush New! SALE (item 300117386149 end time Jun-08-07 18:27:38 PDT)

It's goat hair but it's high quality, so it's soft at the tips but still dense enough to give good coverage. I also have a luscious kabuki (squirrel) and it was too soft so it didn't give good foundation coverage. It works excellently for veil, though.

no more animal hair brushes for me after having such a major allergic reaction to the darn sable brushes from EDM.

fishchick: my Lumiere long-handled kabuki needs to dry overnight. I do have a Lumiere flat-top which I use alternately with the kabuki. They're soooooo soft, you won't regret it. OM's brush is like BE and since BE's is scratchy I didn't bother to use my OM brush (I sold it).

Okay, I'm confused here. I too remember seeing the AN flat-top stated as having the same bristles as the kabuki, which would be synthetic. That's why I ordered it. When I got mine, it definitely wasn't synthetic. I was quite unhappy with it (see above post). When I checked their website again, that wording was changed. Now I checked yesterday, and it's almost the same wording as before BUT referencing an entirely different brush! And the current wording on the original flat-top I bought from them now says the bristles are natural and synthetic. What the heck?? I was under the impression I was purchasing a synthetic brush that would feel like their kabuki and that I could use to apply foundation.

I did write to them when I first got the brush, explaining the bristles were splaying everywhere, so they sent another. Unfortunately, it's the same as the first, and this one smells (like animal or something yucky). I have no use for this brush. Any thoughts?

Originally Posted by PetiteMama View Post
Okay, I'm confused here. I too remember seeing the AN flat-top stated as having the same bristles as the kabuki, which would be synthetic. That's why I ordered it. When I got mine, it definitely wasn't synthetic. I was quite unhappy with it (see above post). When I checked their website again, that wording was changed. Now I checked yesterday, and it's almost the same wording as before BUT referencing an entirely different brush! And the current wording on the original flat-top I bought from them now says the bristles are natural and synthetic. What the heck?? I was under the impression I was purchasing a synthetic brush that would feel like their kabuki and that I could use to apply foundation.

I did write to them when I first got the brush, explaining the bristles were splaying everywhere, so they sent another. Unfortunately, it's the same as the first, and this one smells (like animal or something yucky). I have no use for this brush. Any thoughts?

I would write them to see if you can return or exchange it. They are very nice and I'm sure they would work with you. I have the synthetic flat top and I bet you would love it.

They are getting in the awesome synthetic flat top in a couple weeks. They have a picture of it on their site. I got mine from Forever Female before I knew AN was getting it. They said it comes from overseas.

I don't know what happened with the descriptions. I know at one time they were selling a synthetic flat top. The description specifically said it was the same hair as the Premium Kabuki. Now they have (had, actually, it is "out of stock") the natural hair flat top. I bet they stop carrying it. I bet they replace it with the synthetic flat top. Sooo many people are converting to all synthetic brushes. I don't think ANYBODY wants the shedding, allergic, ruffness of natural brushes anymore.

I emailed them and this is the reply I got (in under 30 minutes!) Apparently a typo on the website and they are fixing it. I guess they are adding new brushes - I love synthetic brushes:

Dear Marti,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding Aubrey Nicole Mineral Makeup and Skin Care. Thank you for pointing out that our Flat Top brush stated both natural and synthetic bristles. That is absolutely a typo. The AN Flat Top buffer/bronzer is 100% synthetic bristles and is the same brush that we have been selling for several months. It is out of stock at this time, but we hope to have it back online within a few weeks. We recently made changes to the website to include the new Flat Top Foundation brush and the webmaster inadvertently made a mistake with the wording on the original flat top. The new Flat Top brush is also 100% Synthetic bristles and cut specifically for foundation application. It is the same synthetic bristles as our incredibly soft AN Premium Kabuki. We received many requests for it and are now waiting their arrival, which will hopefully be in the next couple of weeks.

Again, thanks for pointing out our mistake and we should have that incorrect information fixed shortly. We look forward to hearing from you again.

AN

I'm Looking For The Best Brushes for The Job..

One For AOFC

One For MV

One For Radiance

One For Eye Shadow (Contour Brush)

Any One Have Any Idea's Would Very Greatful...

I Have The Handi ,Kabuki,Flawless,Angle Brush And The Heavenly Face Brush....

I Also Have The Laura Geller Kabuki Brush With Handle And Her Double Ended Eye Brush...

And A Few Other One's.....

I Just Want To Know How To Use My Brush Right ......Not Just Leave Them Under My Vanity..Doing Nothing .......

hi! i use my heavenly face brush or my feather light brush for AOFC, MV, Radiance. for eyeshadow, i use the heavenly buffing brush, or wet/dry brush, and i'm about to get my flathead shadow brush.

I would like to purchase some brushes for cheap (which I know is nearly impossible). Specifically a flat top brush (better coverage, I hear). Can anyone recommend cheap makeup brushes? Preferably under $10, but if not, I would still like to know about it.

alima # 25 flat top brush for mmu application- the best brush ive found and i tried dozens

for mineral veil i use a skunk brush like the one from mac but i bought mine from kohls for 6.00 and i also use one for blush or bronzers

for eyeshadows i use a sponge top brush from walmart called simply basic its also great for concealing with foundation

good lucksmile.gif

Check out the thread I posted named "Forever Female Ultimate Brush Line". It has a link to the site. Their long handle flat top is great! It is soft as silk. The price isn't too bad either. I get much better coverage with my flat top than with my kabuki.

Hope this helps you out!

You can get the BE's heavenly face brush for less than $10 in ebay. But it is not as soft as synthetic brush that katnahat and snowjesh mentioned.

Originally Posted by iceboi View Post
Choice Brush

Great Synthetic Brush Selection and cheap shipping!!!

I second this!!! The kabuki I am using right now I got from there for $10 and it's the best. Really soft and hasn't shed at all!!