How do I wear blues, greens, and other colored e/s at work?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I work in a business casual environment and I love the deep blues, greens coming out this season. I want to know how can I wear it without it looking too much for the office!!!
rockwoot.gif

If you have any pics or links please let me know!!!! Thanks a BUNCH

I don't know why it would be overbearing, but I've also worn reds to work before
smile.gif
As long as you don't hyper-over-do it, I'd think it'd be fine. Not all the way up to the eyebrow or anything like that, maybe some soft shades in between and around to mute it slightly, black/neutral eyeliner (if you were eyeliner)...anything can be done in moderation
smile.gif

If I want a subtle look with color, I often use a shimmery silver or neutral e/s all over the lid and lightly apply purple or green over top of it, blend it together. Or I apply the neutral color all over the lid and apply the green or purple on the outer v, blend it in. Softer look for daytime. Hope this helps.
smile.gif

i do a neutral color on the inner and brow area and wear colors on the outer V and blend blend blend when i wear makeup at work.

You could line the inner 1/3 of your lids with a a bright green/blue and then line the rest of the lid in the usual way, with brown/black. That would give it a pop of color.
smile.gif

Or.. You could line your lids as usual, and line your lower lids with a brighter color.

I love blues and greens, but usually richer, darker shades like forest green and shimmery metallic blue. I find that these colors don't look too OTT when I apply them this way.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by brewgrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif i do a neutral color on the inner and brow area and wear colors on the outer V and blend blend blend when i wear makeup at work. exactly my thoughts brewgrl! u can create a smokey look by applying dark blues on the outer v. i think it's also how and where one applies the outer v. if one applies it a bit farther out the eye area, the look will be soo dramatic, fabulous for nightout looks. if the outer v is applied just on the right spot, u can still have blues and greens that don't appear over the top.
have fun with colors!!!

Thanks so much I appreciate the feedback. I think later today I am going to "play" with the colors and the neutrals to see how that looks...

I agree with what Sleeptime or Brewgrl said. Sometimes I don't bother with eyemakeup at work, but when I do I like to use some color too.

Back