Making your own Lip gloss that's good for your lips!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Since my lips are super dry, I have to put Eucerin Aquaphor on my lips even in the summer.

So naturally I avoid to put lipstick even lip gloss because it makes my lips even DRIER! Lip glosses are often sticky, it kills my lips.

But somehow i have tons of lipstick ppl gave me, so i thought of making my own LIP GLOSS.

I love putting on my lips since it doesnt dry my lips because I use tons of vaseline. Its like having Vaseline that has color.

what you need are these: lip stick, vaseline, a case to put your own lip gloss( i use a sample case) a toothpick or something to mix, and a hair dryer.

Optional: pearl or shinny lip gloss, this will give the shinny to it.

Vitamin E capsule

Make your own lip gloss

1. Cut some lip stick and put in the container with other ingredients.

2. Have the toothpick ready, blow the dryer on high to the container to melt the lip stick. stir with the toothpick to make easy to blend.

3. When everything is melt, leave it cool.

and you have a great lip gloss that won dry out your lips!!

That's a very clever idea. Thanks for sharing
smile.gif

Awesome idea. I've done something similar in the past with old lipsticks that were to pretty to chuck. But never thought of the hairdryer and toothpick part!

I've had a reaction to some lipstick a friend recently tried on me and my lips are still not recovered from a week ago. Been madly slathering on vaseline and evening primrose oil capsules to get them back to their full glory. Tingling, burning and peeling on one of my most prized possessions? I'm never doing that again!!!

Originally Posted by Ohappydayes /img/forum/go_quote.gif Great idea savvy!!! I received some beautiful blush shades as samples from AN I can use! Yippee! Thanks for the idea!
smile.gif
ur welcome
biggrin.gif
i have 2 blush sample from AN too butonly one of them is lip safe
biggrin.gif
i was gonna make some lippies for myself just dun have time yet
biggrin.gif
mix it with your clear nail polish and u have yourself some nice new nail polish
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back