Everyday Minerals Brushes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Are they any good? I've heard from someone that they aren't. I just wanted to get some more opinions from other people.

I'm thinking about buying the Premium Kabuki, Sooshco Baby Kabuki, and Mini Kabuki. Are these any good? Are they soft? Do they shed?

Hi! People have a love and hate reationship with EDM brushes. If you get them in the kit, they are so worth it! In my experience, they do not shed and are very soft for natural bristles. They are way softer than BE brushes, but are not as soft as Lumiere's synthetic brushes. If you are planning to buy those 3 brushes full price from EDM, I recommend that you just buy Lumiere's brushes. They only cost a bit more. The synthetics are so much softer! If you want to get the EDM kit on the other hand, the brushes become such a great value! I have 2 of the premium kabukis and I love it. It is super full and is soft for the price. No shedding for me either. I also have the flat top and another flat top and duo fiber brush coming. I love their brushes, but would never pay full price for them! My bf's aunt bought the mini kabuki with her free sample kit and that was so soft with no shedding either. I have never seen the sooshco kabuki. People are kind of harsh sometimes in judging the EDM brushes, but I personally love them!

my first mineral brush was from luminare... it got matted after a while ( despite proper care) and its not as soft like EDm brushes.. i still have to see EDM after some more washing.

ive got to try that lumiere

I have several brushes from EDM and really like them -- very soft and wash well.

I didnt like my EDM kabuki. It was scratchy and so fluffy it gave me no coverage. Get lumiere instead, it'll be so worth it =)

I am going to politely disagree w/J092502D! I have the Premium Kabuki, angled blush brush, premium powder and flat top brush and they all shed like crazy! I find them quite scratchy, but I do use the blush brush b/c I like the way it applies. I am waiting for the pre-buy brushes I bought from Lumiere and then I will ditch my EDM brushes. I also only use the kabuki to apply finishing powders as I prefer flat tops for foundation. I use the EDM flat top for powdered sunscreen. I agree w/the other poster who suggested buying the Lumiere synthetics-they are far superior and w/the pre-buy prices you can't beat it.

I think it's kind of hard to answer this. EDM use to have natural brushes which in my opinion don't work as well as synthetics for mineral makeup. BUT EDM just has put out a bunch of new synthetic brushes.

EDM's synthetic brushes are not out yet. There is talk of them arriving sometime before the end of the yr.

The brushes that I ordered shed like crazy. I was really disapointed. They sent me a replacement though, and it seemed to be okay. I wasn't crazy about their brushes though, and I have long since thrown them out. I like Sephora's brushes, and M.A.C.'s.

I like EDM brushes. But I LOVE the premium synthetic Aubrey Nicole brushes. They are fantastic. I too agree that I synthetic is the way to go overall. Since thre is that new Aubrey Nicole coupon, why not give them a try? I was going to post that coupon but someone else beat me to the punch
icon_biggrin.gif
- but it's all good knowing that someone else is keeping us happily addicted and aware of great deals when they come up!

CooCoo
heart.gif

I just got the premium kabuki, baby kabuki and the angled blush brush. They are soft, not as soft as my MAC, Clinique, or Body Shop brushes, but WAY softer then the ones I got from bare escentuals. I haven't washed them yet, but so far there has been no shedding and no scratchy feeling. It seems like they are hit and miss.

I'm not particularly impressed with EDM's brushes and if they didn't come with the kits I would have never gotten them.

baby buki - it's the old version but it's very itchy scratchy

premium kabuki - it's okay... it gets softer and fluffier with use and washes, but in the beginning it shed and scratched like crazy.

flat top brush - the first one I got had matted bristles so they sent a replacement. this, like the premium kabuki has a little bit of a "breaking-in period".

eyeliner brush - wimpy, uneven bristles, completely worthless.

angled brow brush - this is the only brush that doesn't shed!!! pretty decent but nothing special.

shadow brush - it just sucks. uneven bristles to start. it's along the same lines as "completely worthless" to me.

premium powder brush - they don't even carry this anymore. wimpy sparse bristles. the first one was also matted so they sent me a replacement. it shed like crazy so I just gave up on it.

I have the EDM Premium Flat Top Brush and the Premium Kabuki. I use the Flat Top for a heavier coverage and use the kabuki for my silk dust. Both are still soft after about two months of usage and the kabuki only shed when I first washed it but after that, no more shedding! :)

i ordered brushes from them. 5flat tops , 4eve fiber, and 1 foundation brushes. i prefer synthetic but natural hairs have their own pro's too. i havent received them yet but will post a review asap as i receive them

I only have one their brush. Syntetic e/s one and i love it. Its extremly soft and works great also for wet application.

I really wanted to try their flat top brush , but don't see it on their web sight does anyone know if they discontinued it ? or if it will be coming back ?

Originally Posted by amym_79 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I really wanted to try their flat top brush , but don't see it on their web sight does anyone know if they discontinued it ? or if it will be coming back ? Oh, ooh, pick me - I know the answer to this one!
sunshine.gif
I wanted another one of these brushes as well when I placed my most recent order and saw the same as you, that it wasn't availble on the website, so I emailed them asking if it was still available, or would be in the future. So, they replied that they've had so many requests for it, that they're temporarily out of stock. They said that they should be getting more in soon. I sure hope so, because this brush is excellent
goldcup.gif
and I'd like to get another one. In a previous order, I bought 2 of them, but gave one away.

CooCoo
undwech.gif

Back