Laser Acne Removal. Some advice?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi I am a new one... and I want to share my problem and ask for advice)

Have anyone tried THIS PROCEDURE?

Does it Really help?

I have some pics, but not sure there's no photoshop or other anti-acne cosmetic surgeries(excuse me if I breakk the rules by posting the link): plasticsergeant.com/home/skin-care/laser-acne-removal

I am an adult, but I still have acne.. No cosmetic solutions I tried before helped me

Please, if u know about laser acne removal, tell me something

some ppl in the pics look like they just had makeup on and some didnt really gve a good result so i m not sure. i would think laser is good at removing acne scars but i m not sure about the acne itself

I also think laser is better for acne scars than acne. I don't see how laser can remove acne. It might get rid of some pimples but it won't prevent new ones from forming. You need other products to reduce acne.

Hey I've had about 10 laser acne treatments, and it does reduce the acne as the laser kills the bacteria, you may get some initial breakouts after the first 1-2 treatments as the bacteria is surfacing and leaving the skin, but after that the spots die down. The treatment did not affect my scars however, or stop future breakouts, but is a good treatments to get rid of existing acne.

It may stop your acne from returning though

I hope it does, my therapist said I was a special case :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> and I've been prescriped roaccutane but depending on the type of acne, a course of laser treatments will make a difference. I hope this helps.

Thanks for your detailed post Anjie
smile.gif

I'm so disappointed that it doesn't prevent it coz I can't afford to get laser done. I've heard about Lasik or Lasek which is supposed to be wonderful for scarring. Has anyone tried to that?

OR does anyone know anything that helps reduce the size of enlarged pores????

Anjie, what type of laser did you had? I am having rather bad acne problems now and is considering my options.

One of my friends just did the whole laser acne scar removal thing. It actually worked like a champ. The pitting wasn't bad before, but now her complexion is really nice. She doesn't break out usually, so I don't know how well it would do for you if you have recurrent break outs. It cost her a few thousand dollars, but she said it was well worth it.

Hey I dont remember the name of the laser sorry. But it definitely was a laser and not one of those light treatments.

Back