Keira Knightley: 'They airbrush the f--- out of me'

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

So say you're a world-famous model or actress, and everyone is constantly taking your picture, telling you how beautiful you are, and including you on Top Ten Most Attractive lists -- how do you deal with it all?
Keira Knightley simply responds: "Thanks. I've got good genes!"
But beyond that, the star also acknowledges that much of her appearance is crafted by others. She tells People: "OK, I'm on the cover of a magazine, but somebody else does the hair, and the makeup, and airbrushes the f--- out of me -- it's not me, it's something other people have created."
We're used to seeing movie stars', and even politicians' images grossly manipulated by photographers who go crazy with Photoshop. It's refreshing to see someone in the public eye being so frank and down to Earth about what's becoming an increasingly ridiculous practice.
Source

I feel better knowing that people are photoshoped. I would look terrible on a cover, but some computer work would change that.

Originally Posted by krazykid90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I feel better knowing that people are photoshoped. I would look terrible on a cover, but some computer work would change that. lol i feel that way too sometimes

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif Nury! lol.
https://forum.makeuptalk.com/f59...ing-62639.html

LOL!Thank you Shaundra!
wink.gif

I guess they see Photoshop as a tool to experiment with and have fun. My friends and I love using the program. The skies the limit on what you can create. Its also nice to see one of the stars admiting they don't look like that in real life.

Babyangel

I don't think people would be so disillusioned to think thats the way they actually look.

Your comment about the disclaimer made me laugh Ohappydaye's.

Babyangel

Shame they can't photoshop her so she looks less like a spoon. Ergh, I can't stand Keira Knightley.

Originally Posted by SalJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif Shame they can't photoshop her so she looks less like a spoon. Ergh, I can't stand Keira Knightley.
Bwahahaha!

Hi,

Sometimes they're a bit heavy-handed with it. You don't even recognize the person anymore.

i have passed on magazines if the cover looks overly photoshopped. i hate it! they don't even look real. fitness magazines where they look like they have plastic skin. creepy.

Well, at least she admits to it.

And geez, I hate photoshop. I mean, ok, I get it if you want to airbrush some pimples or something. But to alter your appearance completely is wrong!

Latest posts

Back