Problem with lumiere brushes - help !!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Girls I ask you for your advice.

I love synthetic brushes, and they are much better for my face. I couldn't find a perfect brush, and was a bit disappointed with the size of AN powder brush, but finally decided to buy brushes from Lumiere.

You all wrote so good things about thouse brushes. I knew that they are small, but was ready to accept that.

I was really excited to get them. When they came I just tried them on my hand and they felt wonderfully soft. However when I took them from the package, they looked deformed in some way. First I thought that they are just like that after their long trip to Poland.

But today I used them for the first time, and this was a disaster. I use wet method of MMU aplication, so first I spray the brush with the thermal water and than swirl it in my powder.

The problem with my new brushes is that they are really badly shaped. The head of the brush is not rounded as it should be, and they look like they were badly cut.

Have any of you ever had any problems with Lumiere brushes ?? I'm considering writing to Lumiere and complain about the quality of those brushes.

I paid about 30 $ for two brushes plus considerable shippment fee. So to tell the truth it's a bit hard for me to accept such quality of those brushes.

I have AN powder brush and Signature flat top brush, which are from the same line of premium synthetic brushes, and I washed them numerous times, and they still look the same. I wet AN powder brush everyday and it still looks as at they day I bought it.

Please help me, what do you think about this ???

It sounds like you are very unhappy with the brushes. I would write to Lumiere and request a refund or a replacement (with free shipping). Brushes are expensive and I'm sure your shipping was as well. There is no way you should be stuck with brushes you feel are defective.

I hope you get everything worked out. Let us know what happens.

I could understand one brush being defective, but 2 different kinds. Could humidity have 'warped' them on their trip to you. How long was shipping?

I was about to start a thread asking for a size comparison to TKB trading brushes (moreso the buffer) I bought it & like it but it's smaller than I had imagined.

Hi

I think that is awful. I know she buy from China (large amounts of brushes) and you can't check each and every one. But that stinks!!!!

I don't think shippng to Poland had anything to do with it. I would e-mail her and see what she says. I was looking into her new pre buy, but I don;t want to wait until Nov or Dec for brushes I want my stuff now LOL!!! No patiences (sp). So maybe I will wait until I hear what she tells you.

I like the brushes I have gotten from Crown Brush, FOC and A-Design Brush. I want the new ones from A-Design, so I am saving up.

T

Ok, to show you what I'm talking about I made some photos of the brushes.

They are not best quality, and in the reality the brushes look worse.

Just please look at the photos, and let me know if I'm crazy.

This is my long handled kabuki brush. (I made photos with MMU on, while the problem with bristles is more visable).

This is the standard kabuki, but the photo here is poor quality, I do not know, why my camera couldn't focus on the brush. Maybe my camera hates the brush
smile.gif

It's really dificullt to show the problem on the photos, when you look at them you can easily tell there is sth wrong with this brush. On some photos, they just look good.

I'm going to write Lumiere today. I love their EMU Oil and their make up primer, but I hate their brushes.

I see what you mean, they're crooked. hmm, well I guess I'll just stick with my $3 flat top brush from TKB.

I don't have another flat top to compare to, but like it better than the Perfection Kabuki from CVS. I thought it was small, but reading some of the flat top descriptions they are all smaller than you'd expect??

Originally Posted by allyoop /img/forum/go_quote.gif I see what you mean, they're crooked. hmm, well I guess I'll just stick with my $3 flat top brush from TKB.I don't have another flat top to compare to, but like it better than the Perfection Kabuki from CVS. I thought it was small, but reading some of the flat top descriptions they are all smaller than you'd expect??

Forever Female and Aubrey Nicole's flat top is not small like Lumiere's. I don't know about TKB?? I've never heard of TKB.
I have the Forever Female flat top and Ohappydayes has the Aubrey Nicole flat top. I think AN's is $1 or $2 cheaper. They also have a 10% off daily discount code.

AN and FF flat tops are VERY good. Check them out, if you want to.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by agatapas /img/forum/go_quote.gif Ok, to show you what I'm talking about I made some photos of the brushes.
They are not best quality, and in the reality the brushes look worse.

Just please look at the photos, and let me know if I'm crazy.

This is my long handled kabuki brush. (I made photos with MMU on, while the problem with bristles is more visable).

This is the standard kabuki, but the photo here is poor quality, I do not know, why my camera couldn't focus on the brush. Maybe my camera hates the brush
smile.gif

It's really dificullt to show the problem on the photos, when you look at them you can easily tell there is sth wrong with this brush. On some photos, they just look good.

I'm going to write Lumiere today. I love their EMU Oil and their make up primer, but I hate their brushes.

I see what you are talking about. They look like they were cut wrong. The short kabuki looks much worse than the long handled. I can clearly see the uneven cut of the long handle too.
The cut of the long handle doesn't look like it would hinder application. The short kabuki looks like it will hinder proper application. It looks like it has craters and is very jagged.

I can see why you wouldn't want to keep any of the brushes though. They are expensive and you are expecting HIGH quality brushes.

I would send the pictures to Lumiere. Hopefully when they see the pictures they will want to do something for you right away.

Let us know what happens!

I totally see what you mean. You should definitely send the photos. I have a kabuki and a baby buki and both are great quality I'm sure they'll replace them.

I think you should write to lumiere and also inclose the photo's ss maybe she can see whats wrong. Hopefully she wont make you sned those back to get a replacement.

I have a number of brushes from Lumiere (and everywhere else, LOL). I love the way they feel, no doubt about it. However, I've had several problems with the quality, and I didn't have that trouble with any other company. After using my baby buki about 6x (and washing it once), it started making a cracking sound at the base, like it was about to fall apart. She was nice enough to send me a replacement.

The 2nd problem was with the 9-piece brush set. When I washed them all initially, before use, the slanted eye brush had long pieces of brush coming up before I even washed the soap out! I took pics and sent them. She said she couldn't replace it but issued $1.50 credit based on my purchase price, I guess.

I hesitated saying anything because I didn't want to make trouble and Kim is nice, but these aren't her fault and I'm sure she'd want to know. I still really like her brushes and will get some more in the pre-buy. I think you should email her the pics and give her a chance to respond.

Good luck!

Hi,

I am Kim - owner of Lumiere
smile.gif

I was browsing through and discovered your post. I am SHOCKED at how these brushes look! Rest assured they will be replaced asap! I cannot even describe or think of how they are like that because the kabuki comes in a plastic box so shipping should not hurt it!

Again, I deeply apologize and will take care of this!

Kim
smile.gif

p.s I tried to pm you but it did not allow me as I really never post her but wanted to be sure you were promptly taken care of.

Kim !!!

Thank you for responding. I sent you an e-mail. I didn't attach the photos, while I assumed you saw them.

I'm awaiting your response. I hope finally I will have a set of four decent synthetic brushes. Right now I have only two from AN, I use those from Lumiere only twice, but they do not do their job properly, so had to come back to my sephora brushes, which hurt my face.

just an update.

I wrote to Kim and got instant response. Kim will replace my brushes, and she is even so kind, that she doesn't want me to send the old ones back.

So I hope I'll get my new brushes soon, and I can get rid of the defected ones.

That's why I love all MMU companies, the owners usually take good care of the customers.

My husband always tells me not to buy anything online. When brushes from Lumiere came in the mail he saw that I'm unhappy with them, and he had another argument to persuade me not to buy anything from US. When I told him about Kim's reaction, and that I'll get the brushes replaced he was more than surprised
smile.gif

Wow, I am so impressed with the excellent level of customer service. I've taken the plunge and ordered the prebuy for the ultimate brush set, $149. I don't feel worried now about making this purchase because Kim stands behind her products.
smile.gif

Ahh,

Thank you for the update!

I am so tempted - I really need a basic set of brushes (for everything), buying separately really adds up.

I am very happy that this was all worked out!

I want everyone to be 100% happy with their products and our service!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE never hesitate to ask questions or bring a problem to our attention, thats is what we are here for!!

Kim
smile.gif

Kim is awesome! I wanted the ultimate set too! I ended up getting like half of the brushes anyway lol.

Thanks Sheikah!

I am really excited about them as this time we are bringing in alot of different brushes that are not available in the synthetics! The one that I personally will be waiting for is the full size retractable kabuki! Did you grab that one?

Kim
smile.gif

Gosh I saw the ultimate set in the pre buy option, and I think if I buy it, my husband will get a divorce with me
smile.gif

I'm just hopeless money spender
frown.gif
Before I started with MMU I was already homecrafting most of my cosmetics and I still do. My fridge is always packed with many strange things for my creams and serums.

Now I'm having fun with MMU
smile.gif
Even our mailman knows that I get a lot of strange packages all the time
smile.gif

Well, judging from this response I know where I'll be buying my next MMU brushes from when I start working again.

Latest posts

Back