Paul Mitchell products!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What have you try from Paul Mitchell products??? Which do you like/love/hate?

I have thin/wavy hair and I wanted to try either the Sculpting Mouse or Sculpting Gel Spray for my curls, still don't know which one is best. And I want a product for flat iron/heat protectant maybe the Super Skinyy Serum or Seal and Shine, have you try one of those?

What about the Taming Leave in Conditioner??? Is it good??

I LOVE Paul Mitchell. I use and love the Color Care shampoo and conditioner, Super Strong shampoo and conditioner, Shampoo 2 & 3, Instant Moisture shampoo, conditioner and Super-Charged treatment, Super Skinny Serum, Extra-Body sculpting foam and Super Clean Spray. If you use the serum, just make sure to use a very small amount as it can be greasy if you use too much. It does provide excellent heat protection, though. HTH!

I am a Paul Mitchell fanatic, can ya tell? LMAO

i use a lot of paul mitchell stuff, so here is the list of stuff ive used and if i like them:

like/love:

Extra-Body Daily Rinse (volumizing conditioner)

The Masque: INTENSIVE CONDITIONING TREATMENT

Dry Waxâ„¢

Awapuhi Moisture Mist (works great on body and hair)

Super-Charged Moisturizer

Awapuhi Bar (body/bath soap)

Shampoo Two

Super Skinny Serum

Gloss Drops

Straight Works

Super Clean Extra: FIRM-HOLD FINISHING SPRAY

didnt like/didnt care for:

Volumizing Sprayâ„¢

Seal and Shine

The Shineâ„¢

Heat Seal

The Cream

Instant Moisture Daily Treatment

Hair Repair Treatment

im also using right now the Super Strongâ„¢ Treatment (a hair mask) i'll be able to tell you if i like it when im done with the bottle and if it made a difference in my hair.

but if your looking for something to control wavy/curly hair (i have that and mine is also fine) aveda has this curly line and oh my god its amazing at getting rid of curly hair frizz and makeing the curls way better (and not flat and dead).

Originally Posted by Retro-Violet /img/forum/go_quote.gif i use a lot of paul mitchell stuff, so here is the list of stuff ive used and if i like them:like/love:

Extra-Body Daily Rinse (volumizing conditioner)

The Masque: INTENSIVE CONDITIONING TREATMENT

Dry Waxâ„¢

Awapuhi Moisture Mist (works great on body and hair)

Super-Charged Moisturizer

Awapuhi Bar (body/bath soap)

Shampoo Two

Super Skinny Serum

Gloss Drops

Straight Works

Super Clean Extra: FIRM-HOLD FINISHING SPRAY

didnt like/didnt care for:

Volumizing Sprayâ„¢

Seal and Shine

The Shineâ„¢

Heat Seal

The Cream

Instant Moisture Daily Treatment

Hair Repair Treatment

im also using right now the Super Strongâ„¢ Treatment (a hair mask) i'll be able to tell you if i like it when im done with the bottle and if it made a difference in my hair.

but if your looking for something to control wavy/curly hair (i have that and mine is also fine) aveda has this curly line and oh my god its amazing at getting rid of curly hair frizz and makeing the curls way better (and not flat and dead).

Thanks sooo much!! I was thinking for Aveda too, but I don't know which products are good from the curl line. Are they better than the Super Skinny Serum for the frizzyness?

Originally Posted by KristieTX /img/forum/go_quote.gif I LOVE Paul Mitchell. I use and love the Color Care shampoo and conditioner, Super Strong shampoo and conditioner, Shampoo 2 & 3, Instant Moisture shampoo, conditioner and Super-Charged treatment, Super Skinny Serum, Extra-Body sculpting foam and Super Clean Spray. If you use the serum, just make sure to use a very small amount as it can be greasy if you use too much. It does provide excellent heat protection, though. HTH!
I am a Paul Mitchell fanatic, can ya tell? LMAO

LOL I can see that!!!
yahootongue.gif

Have you try any of the heat protectors heat seal or seal and shine?

Originally Posted by Sophia /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks sooo much!! I was thinking for Aveda too, but I don't know which products are good from the curl line. i prefer the aveda line to the paul mitchell hair stuff (paul mitchell stuff is awsome if you wanna get your hair straight).
but from the aveda one there are 2 products that are in the curly line that arent the shampoo/conditioner.

aveda be curly curl enhancer

and

aveda be curly curl control.

they work together, but honestly all you really need is the curl enhancer and then just use whatever smoothing products you have/want to use.

its like about $20, but so so so worth the non frizzy non flat curly haired results.

plus it smells awsome.

on a note though, you use it on wet hair, i made the mistake the 1st time i used it and did it on dry hair and it didnt really work. then i asked about it and i was told to use it on wet hair and it works great.

I've used the Heat Seal and like Retro-Violet, didn't really care for it much, which surprised me because I like just about all of the products.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Retro-Violet /img/forum/go_quote.gif i prefer the aveda line to the paul mitchell hair stuff (paul mitchell stuff is awsome if you wanna get your hair straight).
but from the aveda one there are 2 products that are in the curly line that arent the shampoo/conditioner.

aveda be curly curl enhancer

and

aveda be curly curl control.

they work together, but honestly all you really need is the curl enhancer and then just use whatever smoothing products you have/want to use.

its like about $20, but so so so worth the non frizzy non flat curly haired results.

plus it smells awsome.

on a note though, you use it on wet hair, i made the mistake the 1st time i used it and did it on dry hair and it didnt really work. then i asked about it and i was told to use it on wet hair and it works great.

Thanks sooo much!!

I use the awapuhi shampoo, hate the super skinny shampoo/conditioner but the super skinny serum is awesome
smile.gif

I love PM Moister shampoo & conditioner, its something I always repurchase after straying onto another brand. Because I straighten a lot, I need something gentle and moisterizing (especially for daily use), and have found the Moister range to be the best. Although I wish they would improve the fragrance!

Super Skinny Serum is really great for the frizzies and shine, not too big a fan of Seal & Shine though.

I'm thinking of buying some Super Skinny Serum to use on my ends before flat ironing because they are frizzy. Do you all think this would worth the money? I want smooth ends when I flat iron, will this do that? TIA!!

i've used the intensive restoring conditioner, & was happy with it. i've always heard good things about that brand.

I used to use paul mitchell before I got into pureology .... I like their sculpting mousse for curly hair, and the conditioner (leave in) is very moisturizing they also make a good non sticky hair spary in a pump bottle. I forgot the name though...its sitting unloved in my drawer at home
frown.gif
since I straighten my hair usually or use pureology curl cream for my curls

I love many of their products... when my head has been on product overload and it needs a super deep cleansing there is NOTHING better than their Tea Tree Hair and Scalp Treatment with a warm wet towel wrapped in a turban over- bliss...

Also love Awapuhi for the exact opposite- when my hair feels stripped of all natural oils and dried up (usually after swimming in pools or in spas- so basically awapuhi is a good Vegas shampoo)

And for me- a girl with VERY THICK STRAIGHT hair- I can only use one product to prep my hair before putting hot rollers to it- Hair Sculpting Lotion. I used it on my prom girl that I posted last week- we have the same hair- it's the best because it's not stiff, incredibly flexible and LASTS... PLUS it doesnt flake- the best styling lotion ever.

Paul Mitchell is good stuff, real high quality. I prefer Joico when I can afford it because it works better for my hair. But you can't go wrong with PM.

The only product I'm using from Paul Mitchell at the moment is the Super Skinny Serum - it's pretty good; good quality and I'm happy with it - not the best I ever tried for MY hair though (Biosilk is better).

i hate the Super Skinny Shampoo
frown.gif
it makes my hair tangled like theres no tomorrow... their Tea Tree Shaping Cream is great, my bf uses it and it smells yum
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back