Aubrey Nicole opinions

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

So I'm back to sampling after really trying and wishing and hoping to get Meow to work for me. It was just too hard to try to find my exact color, and I was going to have to mix, and it was daunting. So, since people have been singing the praises of AN foundation, I gave it a whirl, and I have to say I'm pleased. I got two foundation samples, med-light neutral and med-light warm. I can wear them both, but I think I might go with the warm to help my undertones out a little in the winter. We'll have to conduct more extensive experiments to make a final decision. But still, it's nice to get two colors I can definitely wear on my first go. I know I can wear Signature Minerals 5.3 med beige, but I really like the idea of being able to buy the hug 3-oz tub, which is why I wanted to be able to wear Meow.

So now, since I'm headed in the AN direction, I wanted to ask what everyone thought of the primer they offer, the Advanced Gel Primer. It says the ingredients are silicone gel, squalane, and silica, which I've heard work well as primer. The thing is, it comes in a glass bottle and costs 17.50 for one oz of primer. Is it really worth it, or is there something else out there with similar simple and effective ingredients for less?

Also, is anyone else planning on trying their new pressed foundation? I was SO excited when I saw that they're going to be offering it. If anyone gets to it before I do, I'd be thrilled to hear how it worked for you.

Thanks, all!

Glad AN worked so well for you. I had found an exact match and was very excited to get it, but the moment I got hot, my face would itch horribly. I'm using Monave now and do have to mix colors but no itching.

I use and love AN (don't get the itchies and it's HOT here). I also use the Primer and I love it. I buy the smaller bottle (it's a plastic, squeeze/tube bottle) and it lasts me forever. I think it's 8.99. You use such a tiny amount. My plan was to eventually buy the larger glass 2oz bottle, but I've been using this smaller one for months.

Hmm, well I'm glad to hear about the small plastic bottle. I might try that. Primers are so difficult, and often not available in sample sizes. I'm trying to save up a chunk of money so I can just get a bunch of primers in the smallest size available and decide which I like. Bothersome and expensive, but effective. *Sigh*

I have placed a sample order for AN for various items. I got the OC powder (I hope this works!! I need something like this.) Fairy dust powder, 6 blushes and a concealer and a bronzer.

I did not order foundation samples. I have two that I like very much. However, I keep hearing all these wonderful remarks so I am thinking I should at least try it. I am oily skinned, but sensitive and I think this would work for my skin type. How is the coverage compared to other MMU? I have Lumiere VV and a heavier coverage of Jenulence that I like very much. Is it the full coverage that most people are using?

Also, eye shadow samples. Any suggestions for fair skin, blonde hair and green eyes? I am thinking of nuetrals (yes predicatable!) such as twilight and cocoa and maybe Desert Rose? Any other suggestions? thanks

BTW as per Aubrey Nicole website the pressed MMU is on hold due to a death in the family.

Originally Posted by autumnagain /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have placed a sample order for AN for various items. I got the OC powder (I hope this works!! I need something like this.) Fairy dust powder, 6 blushes and a concealer and a bronzer.
I did not order foundation samples. I have two that I like very much. However, I keep hearing all these wonderful remarks so I am thinking I should at least try it. I am oily skinned, but sensitive and I think this would work for my skin type. How is the coverage compared to other MMU? I have Lumiere VV and a heavier coverage of Jenulence that I like very much. Is it the full coverage that most people are using?

Also, eye shadow samples. Any suggestions for fair skin, blonde hair and green eyes? I am thinking of nuetrals (yes predicatable!) such as twilight and cocoa and maybe Desert Rose? Any other suggestions? thanks

BTW as per Aubrey Nicole website the pressed MMU is on hold due to a death in the family.

AN is my HG foundation. It's great for oily and acne-prone skin. I don't get breakouts anymore. I may get one pimple every now and then. I can't say enough about how great it is. I use the full coverage. I can get complete coverage with one layer.
The Desert Rose eyeshadow is beautiful! Twilight is a very pale matte. It's nice for a soft lid color. The Cocoa is very dark and is good for the crease or a dramatic "going out" look. It's matte too. Of the three Desert Rose is the best by far.

Have fun with your samples! I hope they work for you.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by katnahat /img/forum/go_quote.gif AN is my HG foundation. It's great for oily and acne-prone skin. I don't get breakouts anymore. I may get one pimple every now and then. I can't say enough about how great it is. I use the full coverage. I can get complete coverage with one layer.
The Desert Rose eyeshadow is beautiful! Twilight is a very pale matte. It's nice for a soft lid color. The Cocoa is very dark and is good for the crease or a dramatic "going out" look. It's matte too. Of the three Desert Rose is the best by far.

Have fun with your samples! I hope they work for you.
smile.gif

Thanks for your feedback on eye shadows. I had ordered samples already and then decided to order more samples (and take advantage of free shipping to Canada!)
The samples are so reasonably priced and full sizes are also. I am hoping one or two products works well for me.

I'm blonde hair, blue eyes and very fair skin. I like the neutral colors as well. I use the toasted almonds and twilight almost every day. I'm not much into blues and greens, but the emerald and torquoise are beautiful and kat is right the desert rose is gorgeous. I've used it more for my lips under a lip balm or chapstick. What I like about the AN samples is that they seem to last forever, especially the eye shadows, very generous amounts.

Thanks for the info about the pressed makeup - saying a little prayer for their family.

Autumnagain, I'm also in the process of sampling AN's eyeshadow colors. I have at least one or two that aren't working for me the way I'd hoped--if you're interested, we may be able to set up a little swap or bargain. Let me know if you're interested, and I'll PM you what I have.

Originally Posted by applesaucery /img/forum/go_quote.gif Autumnagain, I'm also in the process of sampling AN's eyeshadow colors. I have at least one or two that aren't working for me the way I'd hoped--if you're interested, we may be able to set up a little swap or bargain. Let me know if you're interested, and I'll PM you what I have. I may be interested too!

I love AN's blushes but I cannot find a suitable foundation color match. The medium golden is quite olivey/brown and dark.

I do love the coverage and finish of the foundation, her prices, eye shadows, and other available items on her website.

Back