Silk Naturals

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I did a search, but I really didn't come up with anything about this brand. I'm thinking about purchasing some e/s from this company, but I wanna hear some thoughts first. I'm still new to all this mineral makeup world!

I've never heard any reviews but on they seem to have a gorgeous array of blushes and eye shadows. Your only bet might be sampling
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Thais /img/forum/go_quote.gif What's CS? Customer Service.... I've seen it abbreviated that way before.

I have not seen this site mentioned here or on Mineral makeup mania (delphi).

I have been a delphi forum member of MMM for three years.

Interesting, when you look at the sample kit for $3.00. She offers foundation, concealer and finishing powder and another product to help diffuse redness. But rather than let you pick out a couple (or perferably three or four shades to try) she sends you a bag of white and a bag of dark and you mix.

I am lazy and do not want to mix. I am willing to try samples (and pay for them) but I want the exact shade every time. JMO However, if you have not ever found the correct shade this might work.

I do admit the eye shadows are pretty and drew me into the site. They do ship international. If you scroll down it gives pricing for the sample kit and other sample options.

I can suggest a few companies that offer great sample kit deals with premixed foundation.

I am still waiting for my samples which I ordered a week ago. Will give feedback once I have tried it.

Originally Posted by autumnagain /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have not seen this site mentioned here or on Mineral makeup mania (delphi).
I have been a delphi forum member of MMM for three years.

Interesting, when you look at the sample kit for $3.00. She offers foundation, concealer and finishing powder and another product to help diffuse redness. But rather than let you pick out a couple (or perferably three or four shades to try) she sends you a bag of white and a bag of dark and you mix.

I am lazy and do not want to mix. I am willing to try samples (and pay for them) but I want the exact shade every time. JMO However, if you have not ever found the correct shade this might work.

I do admit the eye shadows are pretty and drew me into the site. They do ship international. If you scroll down it gives pricing for the sample kit and other sample options.

I can suggest a few companies that offer great sample kit deals with premixed foundation.

I'm just looking at their eyeshadows. I already have foundation from Aubrey Nicole.

Originally Posted by PhantomGoddess /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm just looking at their eyeshadows. I already have foundation from Aubrey Nicole. I really do like their eye shadows and it is tempting. Also some of their blushes look pretty. Those items are always so fun to sample. BUT I just placed a sample order for Aubrey Nicole a week ago. I also have a bunch of stuff "in the cart" for a second sample order of AN. I am hoping that I get my order this week so I can add any full sizes, if needed to the order.
I am in Canada and I love free shipping.

I would be curious on any feedback good or bad if anyone orders.

i use and love her finishing powder,i think they started out on ebay,thats where i was buying the finishing powder from,try doing a search there also,never used anything else from them,but she does send a microfiber cloth along with the finishing powder,which is nice ,and shipping is FAST and cs is great also

Hello, I've ordered from them a few weeks ago.

I haven't tried mixing the foundation kit yet but I did order a shadow and a blush sample as well.

The blush sample was Climax: very nice color (supposed to be a dupe of Nars Orgasm).

As for the eyeshadow I was a little surprised (not in the good way): I chose Lush (supposed to be a dupe for MAC Jungle). Well, the color is nice and everything but I paid 3.50 USD and only got 1/4 tsp. This is usually the size of a sample so I thought it was a mistake, but it wasn't! I checked other colors that I liked on the site after that and noticed that depending on the color you can get from 1/4 tsp to a 5g jar full without sifter for a full-size price.
kopfkratz.gif
So you'd better read all the description real carefully before you order if you don't want to be disappointed when you get your parcel.

I also tried their lipgloss (which had disappeared last time I checked the site). They're scented: beware! I personnally did not like that smell at all although the colour (darling) was gorgeous. I also had to melt the thing into a small container as the lipgloss tube she used was really too crappy
headache.gif

Finally the CS is ok I guess. My package did not travel too well to France: one of the baggies hadn't been properly closed and there was powder everywhere in the enveloppe, but they sent me a replacement as well as a lipgloss in a new packaging with a wand this time, but it is very watery.

Sorry about the length of all this
tocktock.gif

Originally Posted by ondine /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hello, I've ordered from them a few weeks ago.I haven't tried mixing the foundation kit yet but I did order a shadow and a blush sample as well.

The blush sample was Climax: very nice color (supposed to be a dupe of Nars Orgasm).

As for the eyeshadow I was a little surprised (not in the good way): I chose Lush (supposed to be a dupe for MAC Jungle). Well, the color is nice and everything but I paid 3.50 USD and only got 1/4 tsp. This is usually the size of a sample so I thought it was a mistake, but it wasn't! I checked other colors that I liked on the site after that and noticed that depending on the color you can get from 1/4 tsp to a 5g jar full without sifter for a full-size price.
kopfkratz.gif
So you'd better read all the description real carefully before you order if you don't want to be disappointed when you get your parcel.

I also tried their lipgloss (which had disappeared last time I checked the site). They're scented: beware! I personnally did not like that smell at all although the colour (darling) was gorgeous. I also had to melt the thing into a small container as the lipgloss tube she used was really too crappy
headache.gif

Finally the CS is ok I guess. My package did not travel too well to France: one of the baggies hadn't been properly closed and there was powder everywhere in the enveloppe, but they sent me a replacement as well as a lipgloss in a new packaging with a wand this time, but it is very watery.

Sorry about the length of all this
tocktock.gif

Thanks for all the details. If the eye shadows are really a sample size at $3.50 it kills the temptation for me.
It is good that they acknowledged the error and sent a replacement. There is some companies that don't respond or answer emails quickly or at all and that always bothers me.

It's not all the eyeshadows that are 1/4 tsp: it seems that it's different for every color for example Aztec costs 3,25 USD for 3/4 tsp, Bare costs 3,75 USD for a full 5g jar, and the one I ordered was 3,50 USD for 1/4 tsp. For some colors she uses a jar with a sifter, for others she doesn't. With some colors you get a sponge applicator, for others you don't.
kopfkratz.gif
tocktock.gif

You only have to read the descrpitions after all, but still, I find this system a little annoying and probably won't order from this company again.
sleepyhead.gif

Originally Posted by ondine /img/forum/go_quote.gif It's not all the eyeshadows that are 1/4 tsp: it seems that it's different for every color for example Aztec costs 3,25 USD for 3/4 tsp, Bare costs 3,75 USD for a full 5g jar, and the one I ordered was 3,50 USD for 1/4 tsp. For some colors she uses a jar with a sifter, for others she doesn't. With some colors you get a sponge applicator, for others you don't.
kopfkratz.gif
tocktock.gif
You only have to read the descrpitions after all, but still, I find this system a little annoying and probably won't order from this company again.
sleepyhead.gif

Well, she is the only company that I know of that has various pricing and sizing on eye shadows. Most companies offer samples and then a full size. I really like to keep it simple personally.
As I have a small list of MMU companies that I want to try still (in additon to my regular ones!), I guess I can take this one off. Maybe she will have a standard eye shadow size in future.

I discovered her finishing powder about a year ago and it has become my HG, I love her products and her service! She has sent me new products to sample before they launch and she listens to her customers. I think her foundation idea is perfect for internet shopping because it allows you to create your perfect shade with very little risk. Thanks for the link, I cannot wait to look at her new site.

Originally Posted by ondine /img/forum/go_quote.gif It's not all the eyeshadows that are 1/4 tsp: it seems that it's different for every color for example Aztec costs 3,25 USD for 3/4 tsp, Bare costs 3,75 USD for a full 5g jar, and the one I ordered was 3,50 USD for 1/4 tsp. For some colors she uses a jar with a sifter, for others she doesn't. With some colors you get a sponge applicator, for others you don't.
kopfkratz.gif
tocktock.gif
sleepyhead.gif

That is seriously messed up!! I don't think I'll be ordering e/s from this site any time soon.

i ordered the flat top from this company and it fell apart before i even got a chance to use it. the handle just fell off. i tried to email the company a couple of times but have gotten no response. and it's been over a month.
screams.gif

Originally Posted by dreamzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif i ordered the flat top from this company and it fell apart before i even got a chance to use it. the handle just fell off. i tried to email the company a couple of times but have gotten no response. and it's been over a month.
screams.gif
That seriously bites. I def won't purchase anything from them now. What lousy customer service!!

Latest posts

Back