"In My Kit" So cool...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I thought this was so cool when I saw it, but I don't know how many of you already saw this, i'm sure it was around for awhile. i did a search here, and found nothing.

Professional Makeup and Cosmetic Product Reviews - Makeup Artist Education, Workshops, Seminars - Makeup School - Kevin James Bennett Emmy Award Winning New York City Makeup Artist - Film, Video, Photography

Check it out!

Supposedly it is a pro makeup artist's musts in their makeup kits.

What do all of the makeup artists here think? Manders?
smile.gif
Is there anything you would add/take off this list?

I know this list is only someone's opinion (KJ Bennett)... but I already love a lot of what is on the list.

Thoughts?

Originally Posted by Liz2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif isnt that that a$$hole who came on her dissing mac and not letting bygones be bygones?
edit: yup it is anyways, the products he features are good, though

I don't know... LOL! I know nothing about it, but I saw the site, and I like a lot of stuff, but I was like where the hell is the MAC stuff? MAC definitely deserves to be on the list.

So he came on here dissing MAC?! I had no clue... and definitely didn't mean to open a can of worms. My thread can be deleted...

I was just wondering... if you were to have a Pro makeup kit, what products would be a must.
smile.gif

I think this thread is ok to stay open as long as everyone stays calm! If not, one of the mods will close it.

Originally Posted by Liz2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif isnt that that a$$hole who came on her dissing mac and not letting bygones be bygones?
edit: yup it is anyways, the products he features are good, though

Ok, first of all, calm down! lol! He was not originally the one who came on here dissing MAC. That was one of his "fans". lol. He then came on to try to clarify a little bit because there was a lot of drama.
Basically, he is responsible for leading the Boycott against MAC. You may not agree with him (I personally LOVE MAC), but he DOES suggest a lot of great products in his list...so let's focus on that and the original intention of this thread, ok?

sorry sorry sorry...if i could find a sheepish smily id use it ...ok ill just use a
sheep.gif
anyways i just hate when people are so closed minded, he did come on here justifying himself

anyways like i said, he did mention some good products, and sorry bella it is a good topic im gonna go ahead and delete that post ok?

and im mad b/c the mufe site isnt working
frown.gif
i love them, i like that there is a wide variety of stuff in his "kit" ive been looking into airbrush and stuff so im glad to have that link. id def. have that in my kit.

No it's fine... lol! I was just really interested in hearing everyone's musts for their makeup kits, professional or personal.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Liz2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif sorry sorry sorry...if i could find a sheepish smily id use it ...ok ill just use a
sheep.gif
anyways i just hate when people are so closed minded, he did come on here justifying himself
anyways like i said, he did mention some good products, and sorry bella it is a good topic im gonna go ahead and delete that post ok?

and im mad b/c the mufe site isnt working
frown.gif
i love them, i like that there is a wide variety of stuff in his "kit" ive been looking into airbrush and stuff so im glad to have that link. id def. have that in my kit.

No worries!
smile.gif

Hi,

Those items are actually what a lot us carry in our kits. I love the Embryolisse moisturizer. KJ is such a sweet guy. I had the pleasure of meeting him earlier this year at the Makeup Show held here in NYC.

Okay....first off, most Pro Makeup Artists don't use MAC. That is a fact. There are products out there that are more specialized for MUA needs. You might think MAC has an extensive line, they do for the average person, but not for a MUA.

I agree with many of the items he featured on that site. Many of them I do have in my kit. A few...I took note of to find out more about. When you are a MUA you don't work in ideal situations. There might be water, or bodypainting. You might have 10 girls of all different ethnicities that need their makeup done. Without carrying a pro store on your back what do you do?? That is why lines like Kryolan, Ben Nye, Cinema Secrets, Makeup Forever and Face Atelier work for us. They offer palettes that can be custom blended, entire sets of foundations, highly pigmented foundation and concealers for covering tattoos. Of course these products are not for everyday or the average person playing with makeup in their bathroom.

I bookmarked that site...

I've bookmarked his site too. I like the fact that some of the products he recommends can be bought at CVS or Walgreens.

i'm not an mua, but i was fun going through all of the products. thanks for sharing!

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif Okay....first off, most Pro Makeup Artists don't use MAC. That is a fact. There are products out there that are more specialized for MUA needs. You might think MAC has an extensive line, they do for the average person, but not for a MUA.
I agree with many of the items he featured on that site. Many of them I do have in my kit. A few...I took note of to find out more about. When you are a MUA you don't work in ideal situations. There might be water, or bodypainting. You might have 10 girls of all different ethnicities that need their makeup done. Without carrying a pro store on your back what do you do?? That is why lines like Kryolan, Ben Nye, Cinema Secrets, Makeup Forever and Face Atelier work for us. They offer palettes that can be custom blended, entire sets of foundations, highly pigmented foundation and concealers for covering tattoos. Of course these products are not for everyday or the average person playing with makeup in their bathroom.

I bookmarked that site...

Hi,
Here are some pix of the Cinema Secrets that I keep in my pro kit:

Attachment 36427

Attachment 36428

I also love using RCMA. Here's a pic of Selena Breed Attachment 36429 where I used the RCMA on her. This is a RCMA palette Attachment 36430

Please note, I only use these foundations on photoshoots or sometimes while filming.

This guy is amazing...I really love that he feels the same way about most of the products as I do. I was thrilled to see KORRES primer listed because it really is a hidden gem, as with the CoverFx brand. His foundation list is the creme de la creme of the most professional products on the market. 

Thanks for sharing! I'm simply dying to get my hands on some Graftobian moreso now...
inlove3.gif

Back