Red eyeshadow?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
red eye shadow recommendations anyone? I have a beautiful red dress...but I dont have any red eyeshadow!!!

I would suggest you not wear red eyeshadow - it makes your eyes look tired and swollen. But, I would suggest a red-brown color instead.

You don't necessarily have to pair the color of eyeshadow with the color of the outfit and in this case I suggest you don't. Red is quite difficult to pull off and will probably make you look tired like the girls have said. You could pair the dress with more neutral colors or maybe a bit of golden in the makeup. HTH

I agree with the others...A red dress and red eyeshadow might make you look like an X-Mas ornament. I really like smokey brown eyes with red clothing. You could even do a mild red lip with it.

If you must have a red shadow, NYX makes one called Sunset I think?? MAC Also has a Red Pigment.

There's a Nars cream eyeshadow in red, its amachord (excuse the spelling). I really had to pile the stuff on for it to show up.

yeah that's what I did...but my photographer wants some red...like maybe the smoky look with some red and black.

How red is the dress? MAC Accent Red or Ruby Red pigment would look nice

I uee it and it doesnt make me look tired at all

Originally Posted by nny999o /img/forum/go_quote.gif yeah that's what I did...but my photographer wants some red...like maybe the smoky look with some red and black. If that's the case then in addition to the ones already suggested you can also try Ben Nye shadows or any theatrical make up brand as they have bolder colors and they'll have red for sure.

Originally Posted by Sheikah /img/forum/go_quote.gif You don't necessarily have to pair the color of eyeshadow with the color of the outfit and in this case I suggest you don't. Red is quite difficult to pull off and will probably make you look tired like the girls have said. You could pair the dress with more neutral colors or maybe a bit of golden in the makeup. HTH i agree with that and the ben nye. i have a BN red eyeshadow that's really nice.

The reds I wear are all MAC- lovestone, cranberry, and Folie- which is a great red- brown. I actually love the way I look in all those colors. I've been HUGE on the reds this year.

Hugs,

Me

I saw a great red look in a magazine,

They have a white color close to the eyes and then red also they marked the globe line whit a black colour, it was really coool for a makeup thats stands out. But for regular use NONO. Try and get a feeling of what works or not =)

I did red eyeshadow last week! i did not want to invest in red eyeshadow AT ALL, so i bought Hot Topic Shadow Glitter Duo in Red ($3.99). it came with a red shadow and a clear glitter lipgloss. cheap but red- not pinkish like some other ones i tried. i also tried a make up forever red, but at $20+ for a shadow i doubt i will ever use again... nope.

i did a red smoky eye and it looked okay.

Originally Posted by Sheikah /img/forum/go_quote.gif If that's the case then in addition to the ones already suggested you can also try Ben Nye shadows or any theatrical make up brand as they have bolder colors and they'll have red for sure. BTW-I went and looked at all the red Ben Nye shades- they all looked more Magenta than anything.

i would use red eyeshadow but i would combine it with sketch or beauty marked to make it smokey and red e/s on lid.

Latest posts

Back