Beautiful Makeup Ideas from 'Black' models!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nox

Reaction score
awek2jp6.jpg

Okay, why does this woman even toy with makeup at all. It's not as if her perfectly smooth, chisled-from-obsidian-glass skin even needs the stuff anyway. For the most part, the majority of WoC are not naturally this skin color, and therefore cannot achieve the same effect with similar eyeshadow colors or lip gloss. But I guess it can't hurt to try. This is on my list of FOTDs to try. If it turns out decent, I just might post it. That combination of peacock colors is just so tempting. Her lips with the black gloss looks good too. Hmm... I'm getting ideas....

1218p0023ej7.jpg

I like the simple line she has on her eyes. Though, she could have done with a stronger black color to make it really 'pop'. The light color she has on her lips, looks a little *too* naked. She can definitely wear alot of the strong lip colors that most ladies cannot. I can see her in a bright fucshia lip gloss or a pearly burgundy lipstick, that would look splendid!

warisdirieec0.gif

Love it love it love it LOVE IT! Her lips. So divine. So perfect. She could just roll out of bed, slap that lip color on, and she's good to go. And it's just the perfect shade of red for her skin tone too. Not too fucshia, not too orange. Just Ruby Red Perfect. That charcoal eyeliner all around her eyes is especially gorgeous too. I know she's not wearing any blush, but I think you could probably immitate her cheeks with a sable colored blush under neath the bone. Simplicity definitely rules here.

07oonweagba18mn9.jpg

This my (and Grace's/EmpiricalBeauty's) homegirl. W00T! The extraodinary Victoria Secret Model, Oluchi Onweagba! And of course, since she is a supermodel, she rarely needs to wear makeup like the rest of us mere mortals. But of course, she does wear a touch of it every now and then.
wink3.gif
It looks like she did a sweep of color just slightly lighter than the natural skin from the upper eyelid to the brows, and then a little bit of the same in the corners of her eyes. The she lined her eyes, and it looks like maybe liquid liner there. Top off with mascara. I see she's wearing just a pinch of blush, probably of the Brick Red color. Her lips, I would bet she used a matte nude lipstick (nude for her... not the light pink variety), her natural lip color is a little pinker from what I remember.

If anyone has suggestions of Look-Alike colors, please post them here. Thanks!

Those girls are very beautiful! Oh wow. I remember when Oluchi won Miss world. Nigeria went crazy!!!!

I like the gold eyeshadow Oluchi has on and I love the first model's lip gloss.

I have zero suggestions but they are just beautiful, The 1st model has THE most perfect looking skin. Lovely pics.

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif They are all beautiful. I just love Alek Wek's face. I wondered if that was her. She is gorgeous.

alex is really articulate...i read an interview about her before she's humble and down-to-earth

gorgeous pics! i couldn't see the one of oluchi.

it did show up after i posted! just beautiful!

Originally Posted by monniej /img/forum/go_quote.gif gorgeous pics! i couldn't see the one of oluchi. Yes, that last one hangs a bit. Maybe, try refreshing the page.
atom.gif

She is always worth seeing!

Hi,

I looove that photo of Alex. It's such a freakin' awesome composition.

Originally Posted by Leza1121 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi,
I looove that photo of Alex. It's such a freakin' awesome composition.

I know, isn't it? That photo really does her justice! And gosh darn I have got to have that eyeshadow combo!!!!

Originally Posted by Nox /img/forum/go_quote.gif I know, isn't it? That photo really does her justice! And gosh darn I have got to have that eyeshadow combo!!!! the first pic?i love it lol

i did my e/s like that before except it was more sky blue than navy... i have to say those colors are sexy on dark skinned women

I love Oluchi. She's so beautiful.

And i'll always be envious of Aleks smooth skin. I can't believe she has psoriasis when she was younger.

Originally Posted by Noir Sakura /img/forum/go_quote.gif I love Oluchi. She's so beautiful.
And i'll always be envious of Aleks smooth skin. I can't believe she has psoriasis when she was younger.

Alek use to apply Vaseline to help with that condition! Another reason why to use it!

I went to school with girls complected like this. I always envied their flawless poreless skin, which always seem to accompany perfectly straight white teeth too. They always looked so regal and goddess-like to me. I always had zits and needed braces (that I finally did get) so badly. Obviously I was given a fabulous personality in lieu of perfect skin......

This is gorgeous - these stunning women all together. And a great range of makeup looks. I'm glad you posted these pics, and I really enjoyed your take on the makeup! Thanks!

Originally Posted by nuberianne /img/forum/go_quote.gif Why is everyone referring to Alek? Is that her on the first picture? I don't think it is. Yes, that is indeed Ms. Wek. I would recognize those ears of hers anywhere, LOL.

I agree. Totally Gorgeous!

Alek and in fact all...have amazing skin!

The first pic is truly amazing....i'm so in awe of photshop!

Latest posts

Back