Hiding a nose piercing

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have had my nose pierced for about 6 months. I just picked up a part-time job and they do not allow visible facial piercings. Any suggestions on how to hide it? I went to Hot Topic and picked up their retainers but I think they are more noticeable than the actual stud since it is a clear round ball sticking up from my nose. I don't want to have to take out the piercing just for a part-time job.

Do they permit the flat top retainers? They are a little less obvious.

I plan on wearing a retainer. I doubt they will notice it too much. I just haven't seen a flat-top retainer. I think I will run to a couple shops tomorrow to look around.

My regular job allows it. I work in an office setting there. But the department store won't allow it. I technically am not suppose to have my inner conch piercing in either but HR made it sound like that if I kept my hair down they couldn't see it...

Not sure. I am surprised they didn't mention it while you were interviewing. What about getting something smaller that isn't as visible?

I suggest while you are at work putting on a small earing with those little bandaids that are shaped like a circle.

IMO, retainers are just as obvious so if you're thinking about spending money on one of those, you might as well just buy a small stud ring.

You can melt the ends....you can melt it flat by smushing it against something else flat and hot like a spoon/knife.....or you can use a lighter to melt it and it forms a little bead to keep it from slipping out. Just don't hold the lighter so close that it turns the clear fishing line black. You can also paint the ends with a pink or peachy nail polish or w/e and blend it in with your skin.

Hmm I never hard of fishing line before. I worked in a department store before and they didnt care if you had facial piercings. Good luck tryin to find something that'll work.

those are all pretty good ideas... seriously though in Australia there are some really really tiny studs you can buy that are completely non-obvious. If the stud is small enough you shouldnt see it. Good luck with the piercing and the new job
smile.gif

Sometimes you can find nose retainers that are fleshy-colored, just get one of those and make it look like a mole or something with the concealer?

You can find some really nice retainers that are natural looking online. Or find a nice piercing shop that custom makes jewlery, they will be more likely to have a good retainer.

The fishing line is also a real good idea, I've never done it myself but I'm a fan of it.

Dab a little concealer over a clear retainer, let it dry for a few seconds, and then smooth over with foundation. 'Course, I once claimed my nose ring was a observation of religious belief and my former boss let me keep it.

Back