Dianette

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Iv just started taking the pill dianette yesterday, the booklet says

*After taking your first pill, take one pill each day, following the directions of the arrows until you have finished all 21 pills in the pack

*you should try to take the pill at the same time every day

*swallow each pill whole/

*by starting in this way you will have contraceptive protection at once.

I find this hard to belive as with most pills you have to wait a few weeks dont you? but when i turn the page it says 'take your first pill on the first day of your next period (which i did) you will be protected at once' But i dont believe it, i mean thats like sayin once iv swolled the pill im protected straight away but that cant be. Yet thats what the booklets basically saying :s. Is anyone else on dianette who by there doctor was told to wait a certain amount of time because i dont believe im now protected lol
icon_confused.gif

In theory, if you start taking the pill on the first day of your period, the hormones will align and you could be protected right away. HOWEVER, there is no way to know for sure, so I always recommend using a different method of contraception during the first month on the pill, to be sure.

Back