NYX eyeshadow

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know MAC is best,iwas planning to buy few colors from MAC, but now i want to know is NYX good also?

i saw few NYX e/s and they seemed good.. i am thinking of buying NYX now instead of MAC because i have few MAC shadows..

you know, just a little bit of change
biggrin.gif

so what do you recommend?

ya..it was a trio!!
biggrin.gif

i wanted blue shades

and i wanted a red( theyhad in loose powder,.and it looked soooooooooooooooo good..i almost bought it) but then i thought i should wait
biggrin.gif

so came here to consult with you people
wink.gif

get your basics, like black, white and brown, in matte, then start adding your wild colors i love tropical, lime, plum and all the turquoise colors, i love them all!! and the trios are good too, cuz you can de-pot them and put tthem in mac palettes.

i have MAC black colors..(copper and i forgot the name of the other one..its black with glitter ..hmmm ) well..i have Maybelline brown and also bluw trio!!

but NYX blue is what kinda blue i wanted!!

i asked if they have red trio..but they had red,,but with green and yellow..i didnt like that!!

so i think i should buy as they seem nice

biggrin.gif

lets c..!! i am buying so much makeup!! i know i will hardly use any colors :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I own a lot of NYX:

Trios:

#1 White/Grey/Black, #2 Baby Pink/Barely There/Cotton Candy,

#8 Spring Leaf/Lime Green/Green Tea,

#11 Orange/Golden Orange/Peach,

#14 Highlight/Brown/Suede,

#18 Yellow Pearl/Antiqued Gold/Golden,

#23 Sweet Lagoon/Aqua/Ocean

Single Eyeshadows:

Black Pearl, Blue Pearl, Walnut, Bronze, Brown, Dark Brown, Champagne, Platinum Pink and more

Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencils:

Black Bean, Dark Brown, Yogurt, Strawberry Milk, Yellow, Black Bean, Pots & Pans , Horse Raddish, French Fries, Yogurt, Gold, Lime, Pacific, Iced Mocha, Rust

Lipstuff:

Sparkling silk lipstick, Beige Sparkle lipgloss, Pink Sparkle lipgloss

Sheer Gloss:

Gold, Plum, Clear, Kiss

Lipliner:

Auburn, Brown, Burgundy, Cappuccino, Cocoa, Natural, Nutmeg, Rose Brown, Toast, Dark Brown, Gold

Eyeliner:

Dk Brown, Seafoam Green, Emerald City, Sapphire, Med Brown, Purple

and really like it.

Originally Posted by masad /img/forum/go_quote.gif i have MAC black colors..(copper and i forgot the name of the other one..its black with glitter ..hmmm ) -- snip --
biggrin.gif

lets c..!! i am buying so much makeup!! i know i will hardly use any colors :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hi,
It's sounds Black Tied (black with glitter e/s).

Originally Posted by masad /img/forum/go_quote.gif ya..it was a trio!!
biggrin.gif
i wanted blue shades

and i wanted a red( theyhad in loose powder,.and it looked soooooooooooooooo good..i almost bought it) but then i thought i should wait
biggrin.gif

so came here to consult with you people
wink.gif

NYX loose powders and trios are great! I'd definitely recommend checking them out.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by chococat123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I only have the singles and love them! I heard that the singles have better pigmentation than the trios?? I could be wrong...
I don't have trios...

I would like to know the answer to this. The shadows are not that expensive but I would like quality. I want to use shadow that will not require me to reapply.

Originally Posted by MsCuppyCakes /img/forum/go_quote.gif I own a lot of NYX:Trios:

#1 White/Grey/Black, #2 Baby Pink/Barely There/Cotton Candy,

#8 Spring Leaf/Lime Green/Green Tea,

#11 Orange/Golden Orange/Peach,

#14 Highlight/Brown/Suede,

#18 Yellow Pearl/Antiqued Gold/Golden,

#23 Sweet Lagoon/Aqua/Ocean

Single Eyeshadows:

Black Pearl, Blue Pearl, Walnut, Bronze, Brown, Dark Brown, Champagne, Platinum Pink and more

Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencils:

Black Bean, Dark Brown, Yogurt, Strawberry Milk, Yellow, Black Bean, Pots & Pans , Horse Raddish, French Fries, Yogurt, Gold, Lime, Pacific, Iced Mocha, Rust

Lipstuff:

Sparkling silk lipstick, Beige Sparkle lipgloss, Pink Sparkle lipgloss

Sheer Gloss:

Gold, Plum, Clear, Kiss

Lipliner:

Auburn, Brown, Burgundy, Cappuccino, Cocoa, Natural, Nutmeg, Rose Brown, Toast, Dark Brown, Gold

Eyeliner:

Dk Brown, Seafoam Green, Emerald City, Sapphire, Med Brown, Purple

and really like it.

waohh!! that quite a collection
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Leza1121 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi,
It's sounds Black Tied (black with glitter e/s).

yup yup
biggrin.gif
thats the one

Originally Posted by arguelloam /img/forum/go_quote.gif I would like to know the answer to this. The shadows are not that expensive but I would like quality. I want to use shadow that will not require me to reapply. my sentiments exactly!! i dunt want to pile up e/si think e/s need to be applied once ..or maximum twice!! not more!!

MAc does the trick..

but NYX e/s looked soo gooddddd

and the loose powder one were really really good..i tried them there!!

i guess i will buy three trios and few loose powder ones
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by reesesilverstar /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have a few of the singles, but my one problem is that Lime Green looks gold on me...
frown.gif

hehhe.. i checked it out and same thing happened to me.. it looked gold so i dropped the idea of purchasing it... but there is this other green..it was a loose powder one :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> damn..was it good or what..let me get the name and i'll tell you..maybe that might work for you

I'm still waiting, Masad
moa.gif

I bought the black e/s and I must say, it's wonderful. Very similar to MAC Carbon.

I also got Red Ben Pie, cuz i wanted a deep wine red plum colored shadow, and I LOVE IT! Only thing is I can't make it too dramatic, cuz i look kinda bruised...

The best thing to do also is check out the swatches and youtubes reviews on the shadows. Reason I say this its because I have a HOT ORANGE eyeshadow from NYX, but it has sparkles and there is not much color pay off. So actually you get good advice from watching or reading the bloggers reviews on certain shadows and it has worked for me. Also, I did BUY a trio ( the purple one) BUT the color payoff is NOT as intense as the regular single eyeshadows--BUT it could be a hit or MISS situation. SO, if I WERE YOU, stick with the singles, I would hate for you to spend 20$ on 4 sets of trios and the color pay off was minimal.....the only trio that caught MY attention was LAKE MOSS...thanks to Vanessa from her blog.
top.gif

Nessasarymakeup.com: NYX Cosmetics

i have singles, no trios, and all the pearl pigments and a few loose chromes. love them all.

Back