Blue eyeshadows

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I heard blue is the shade of this season. I always thought blue eyeshadows look kind of trashy, but since I saw it a couple of times on Beyonce and several fashion shows and then took a look @ MAC's Blue Storm collection, I'd love to try it. However, I heard shades of blue are not for everyone... Is this true? Could you give me some samples and advices on usage of blue eyeshadows?

Hi,

I can't wear blue shadows or liners. For some reason it breakdown on my skin.

Quote:
I heard blue is the shade of this season. I always thought blue eyeshadows look kind of trashy, but since I saw it a couple of times on Beyonce and several fashion shows and then took a look @ MAC's Blue Storm collection, I'd love to try it. However, I heard shades of blue are not for everyone... Is this true? Could you give me some samples and advices on usage of blue eyeshadows? I also would like to know.... i have bought a blue palette but i looked like i had gotten into a fight....:/ i just want to get a away from the boring browns that i usually wear.

I have read somewhere about makeup and rule is if you got blue yes don't wear blue eyeshadow, what you think is true?

Think it depends on your eye colour, i have green/amber eyes, god sounds like traffic lights? i love Mac Peacocky which is a blue/green glitter eyeliner, i also wear some pale blues, i dont like blue colours on brown eyes, just dont think it looks right, brown eyes look nice with green or gold/yellow shadows. Just a matter of testing what looks good on you.

When I wear blue eye shadow, I avoid lining under my eyes with it because than I feel like I look like I've been punched in the eye.

I were blues and I always get compliments when I do. I will wear dark blue as an eyeliner,usually MAC Contrast or do a pale blue wash. I also use the almay eyeshadow trio for blues.

Because I have myself blue eyes ( like sky) so I even never tried blue eyeshadows, I guess would be weird
frown.gif

I know brown, golden and silver looks great, never tried yellow or green is well

I would take a look at the color wheel and look at the colors that compliment the color of your eyes. But it is all trial and error.

I don't follow "rules" of what eye colors can/can't wear this or that. I wear what I want, when I want. It's always best to experiment and see what works best for you!

i love blue e/s, they make my brown eyes pop, but i don't like much navy blue e/s. i prefer pale blues, or teals, i'm a big fan of teals.

i don't think there's any rule about e/s, just try a couple of shades and go for the ones you prefer.

I dont think there is a "rule" about wearing any certain color. wear what you like.

I have blue eyes and I love wearing blue eyeshadow, always have ever since I was about 18. Benefit used to do a creaseless cream a while ago in this awesome bright blue. They don't do it anymore but MAC do some great blues.

They have a wicked blue liquidlast liner too, it's gorgeous. But it takes chuffin ages to scrub it off at night, or the next morning usually in my case!!
smile.gif

I love wearing blue eyeshadow. The trick to wearing blue eyeshadow is not to pair it with a bold lip (red) for daytime wear. I have brown eyes so I can get away with wearing any color pretty much. Brown being a neutral color I guess.

i'd go to mac and ask them about what blue shadows to wear and how to wear them.

i was afraid of blue shadow for years cause i always thought it would make me look like a hooker.

then i slowly learned how to wear it so i dont look like a hooker and now i love blue shadow.

when I wear blue all over the lid I feel like Mimi, so I usually pair whatever blue I'm wearing with mac's Silver Fog or Vanilla pigment on the inner corners, and that seems to work for me
smile.gif

I usually find that the outcome also depends on the manufacturer. One of the ladies mentioned the blue "breaking down" on her, and others saying it looked like they got in a fight. This has happened to me before too with blue shadow and with other blue shadows, not. I think the better the formulation, meaning, how well the staying power is, because you do *not* want something that is going to wear off unevenly, is going to either make or break your look; secondly, think about the general tones of the other colors you wear that look good on you: are they dark? Light? Somewhere in between? Or can you wear them all? Then these two things will determine how hot that blue will look on you. Anyone can rock blue, its just a little harder to do!

I agree; when I use poor quality blue shadow it looks like crap. But when I use my super silky NYX shadows, they look pretty darn cute. I like to put pale blue on the inner corner of my eye and blend it out into a bright aqua color with black liner. Or, I like to do a pale sparkly blue over the lid, crease, and under my eye and add a little extra glitter to the lid. I also like to do a dark sky blue liner on the top and bottom lids with thick black lashes. I just purchased a darker blue so I'm going to try a smokey eye look with it soon.

Back