Have you ever asked a guy out?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well I just did over the weekend over email. It was the first time I ever did such a thing. I am NEVER doing it again. I asked out this guy I used to work w/ and I had a big crush on him since June.

I don't want get into it, long story but have you ever done it? Share your experiences. And do you think girls should ask guys out? I don't think they should but I am glad I did because I thought about this guy a lot and it was an experience so/

Never have and never will. I have seen my friends ask guys out and the guy ends up thinking they are cheap. Why? I dunno.

i've never done it just cu i'm shy. i don't see anything wrong with it, though.

yes i did
wink.gif

we worked together and i knew that he had a crush on me for months

but he didnt less more then 2 weeks

ahahahahh

Every guy I've ever been with, I asked them out. I am the type of Girl who goes after what I want. I would just say..."Let's go out sometime, here's my number...Call Me"

I think the idea of waiting for a guy to ask is old-fashioned. If you like someone and want to pursue a relationship, why not show iniative and make a move??? I never understood the whole..."Guys are supposed to ask" thing. Imagine all the pressure Guys feel!! Not to mention the intimidation of asking out a pretty girl and the fear of rejection. I am a no games type!!

I had a friend ask this guy I knew to my prom for me, I didn't even know his first name and we didn't really talk he just seemed nice. He later confessed that he had been crushing on me for months and asked me out... and now, three years later, he's my husband. All I wanted was a prom date lol.

I am a go-and-get-it girl too!!! it's the aquarius in us... that we don't have the issue for thinking its beneath us.

examples of my asking guys out-

when i was a senior i asked my date to our senior ball. i actually was asked twice but said no... because i was a big snot in HS and wanted someone who would look perfect next to my dress, which was red. so instead i said no to the others and asked a junior... and we had a blast.

in my early 20's I was in line and this guy behind me was just GORGEOUS... i mean, it was too much for me to just let him stand there by himself. so i told him he had amazing posture for a guy just standing in line waiting for a coffee. he thought that line was brill, better than eyes or smile or whatever. anyhoo, we went out for a bit.

in my later 20's, i flirted like a mad drunk girl with my friend's roommate, even though i knew he was in the middle of girl issues, and now he's my husband.

i am pretty sure that no one i've ever asked out ever got the impression that i was desperate or a floozy or easy. i am pretty sure they knew right away that i was just the type of girl who was pro-active with her life.

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif Every guy I've ever been with, I asked them out. I am the type of Girl who goes after what I want. I would just say..."Let's go out sometime, here's my number...Call Me"
I think the idea of waiting for a guy to ask is old-fashioned. If you like someone and want to pursue a relationship, why not show iniative and make a move??? I never understood the whole..."Guys are supposed to ask" thing. Imagine all the pressure Guys feel!! Not to mention the intimidation of asking out a pretty girl and the fear of rejection. I am a no games type!!

Originally Posted by La_Mari /img/forum/go_quote.gif I had a friend ask this guy I knew to my prom for me, I didn't even know his first name and we didn't really talk he just seemed nice. He later confessed that he had been crushing on me for months and asked me out... and now, three years later, he's my husband. All I wanted was a prom date lol. Aww that's too cute!

I don't have a problem with it either though I don't think I've done it that much now that I think about it.

No I haven't.

But ... i wish i had the courage, i'll just be too damn scared.

but cheers to you for doing so.

Yes, I asked my current boyfriend out. I knew he liked me though so there wasn't much risk involved, haha
wink.gif

yes I asked my bf out. We had been talking online for a week or so, and had met once in a group for lunch and I had been talking about him at work for all that time, and we went out for work drinks one friday. I rang him up when I was in the bathroom totally drunk and said "i was wondering if maybe you'd like to go for a coffee sometime. Unless you don't want to. Then we wont. But it'd be cool if you did'

he accepted
biggrin.gif

I can see situations in which guys MIGHT think you were cheap but i think it's all about putting the right image across. And guys that think girls are cheap just because you ask em out are *******s anyway, lol.

but yeah. I don't know if my current bf thinks I'm cheap. I guess he doesnt, HAHA!

Yup

The first time Bruno and I had dinner together was 2 days after we first kissed - i sent him a SMS asking if he wanted to have dinner at night.

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif Every guy I've ever been with, I asked them out. I am the type of Girl who goes after what I want. I would just say..."Let's go out sometime, here's my number...Call Me"

I agree whole heartidly, I see nothing wrong with either sex making the first move, anyone thinks a girls cheep for asking is not worth having anyway. If you do not ask, you might miss out on someone you like.
I wish I would listen to my advise, I am extremly shy and I do fear rejection.
smile.gif

I couldn't agree more!

It is human nature for men to want to do the hunting. I am not saying there is something wrong with a lady asking a guy out. However, I can understand if it makes a guy feel weird. With that in mind, I don't see anything wrong with throwing hints at a guy. As far as asking a guy out is concerned, I don't do it.

I haven't and probably never will. If I liked a guy, I'd let him know. But I wouldn't bother going so far as to ask him out. I'd leave that up to him if he wanted to ask me out or not.

I don't think there's anything wrong with it, but it's just not something that I would do.

Back