Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am on a diet, not a specific diet but just trying to eat healthy and counting my calories. I count my calories and keep a food journal to do so. I started on October 16th. I want to accomplish and finally get to my goal weight of 111 pounds. I am 5'7 and weigh about 130 pounds right now. The thing is I am so impatient. Sometimes I just feel like starving myself so I can lose the weight faster. I eat about 1000-1300 calories a day (it varies), some days when I do bad I can go up to 1400-1500 calories. The thing is it's killing me, I know losing weight the healthy way takes a while but it's like ugh I want to lose 5 pounds a week.

Who else is trying to lose weight? What are your stats? And what diets are you doing? And anyone have any recommendations on how I can lose weight faster? And please no low carb diets cuz that doesn't work for me and has too many side effects.

I'm on a mission to lose weight also. I currently weight around 125 pounds and am about 5'6" roughly, and I'd also like to get down to about 110 pounds or so.

I had tried everything. I found the more I exercised, the more I ate, and so I stayed the same.

Instead, I'm trying the only thing that has ever helped me to lose weight. I've just cut down how much I eat.

I eat a good healthy breakfast, something VERY small for lunch like an apple or something, and then eat a medium sized dinner. So far I've lost around 13 pounds so I'm pretty proud of myself, since I've never lost any weight before this.

at first it was really hard to cut down how much I ate and I'd be hungry all the time, but now I'm just not as hungry. I even feel a bit sick if I eat heaps.

I do believe in exercising, but I'd never do it to lose weight. I do it to feel good and also to get healthy!

best of luck with your diet and weight loss goals! I know how hard it is so pm any time if you want to whinge about how slow it feels, how hard it feels, or even just to tell me you're excited you've lost a few pounds!
smile.gif

I'm always trying to loose weight...... It's a constant strugle. I'm setting at 178 this morning and want to get to 170 or even 160... and I exersize (ice hockey twice a week)a lot so I have a very low fat index... which makes it even harder to loose..... sigh... ohhh and I'm 5' 9".. and shrinking... old age and gravity both suck!! lol

For women, eating under 1200 calories a day can significantly decrease the speed of your metabolism, leaving you stuck, with no weight to be lost. If you eat over 1200 cals a day, exercise, etc...it WILL come off. You can alter how much you lose by how much you burn per day. Starving is not the way to do it, and can make it harder for you to lose weight if you do so.

You also COULD lose 5 lbs a week, though that is unsafe, the healthy way. 2 or 3lbs max, so you don't kill yourself.

me. Im just eating right and im not on any diet expect for the one where you eat breakfast and load up on fruits and veggies. Im over fad diets and im just trying to eat right.

I watch my cals and burn more than I eat, which is 1400 a day, lost a bit over 5 lbs in 2 weeks, so that's good.

ME!! I am about 5'9 and weigh 150. I would like to be 140. I have cut back on my calories and portions. All together I lost 55lbs.

Me too
frown.gif
I'm 5.7ft and 135lb
frown.gif
I would love weight 115lb, but not less coz don't like too skinny, then even muscles haven't left. I try eat about 1000 cal and next month going to get membership to gym, that would be just great

Karren_Hutton maybe nothing left to loose? You mention that your body fat index already low. This is main thing to loose fats, keep the muscles. Measure yourself, I guarantee that your body is perfect, coz you exercising alot, which means burning cal and fats. Remember muscles weight more than fats
wink.gif

Originally Posted by emily_3383 /img/forum/go_quote.gif me. Im just eating right and im not on any diet expect for the one where you eat breakfast and load up on fruits and veggies. Im over fad diets and im just trying to eat right. Me too.. I've been using WW point system though and that has helped me a lot and helps me keep everything in check..

I'm 5'7 and usually weigh between 130 and 135 but this past week I was an vacation and gained some weight, so today I'm going to get back to my usual workout routine.

EAT ladies! You have to eat to loose weight. If you put your body into "starvation mode" you will burn protien and store fat, that's just how the human body works. You need to eat alot of protiens and you HAVE to have carbs low carb diets are horrible. The best way to loose weight it eat for your metabolism! Get it going! I was at 160 and now i'm down to 130 and feel very healthy, I eat 5 or 6 small meals a day and drink a green tea supplement I get from eliteblends.com... it's not my favorite tasting drink but it makes me have really good energy and a metabolism boost. But diets are only good if you are eating alot of good food. =) EAT! =)

That's actually the diet I do, I started on it when I was 14 I was 5'5 then, and weight 160, I lost 20 pounds in 2 months.

Originally Posted by Blue_eyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif Unfortunately I don't have time eat 5-6 small meals ya, that's probably the hardest part is finding time. McDonalds is always pretty fast.
ill.gif

Originally Posted by Solimar /img/forum/go_quote.gif For women, eating under 1200 calories a day can significantly decrease the speed of your metabolism, leaving you stuck, with no weight to be lost. If you eat over 1200 cals a day, exercise, etc...it WILL come off. You can alter how much you lose by how much you burn per day. Starving is not the way to do it, and can make it harder for you to lose weight if you do so. I have heard that's it under 1000 calories a day and your body goes into starvation mode. And I exercise like crazy, I literally walk everywhere and dance an hour each day. And it just takes longer. I have to work really hard to lose weight cuz my metabolism is hella slow. I also drink green tea to boost it. Eating more than 1200 calories to me is bad because I never lose weight if I eat 1300 calories or more. I like eating 1000, 1100 and 1200 calories.

Originally Posted by leannej /img/forum/go_quote.gif ya, that's probably the hardest part is finding time. McDonalds is always pretty fast.
ill.gif
Even McDonald's has some healthy stuff. For example their vanilla kiddie cone is about 50 calories (no joke check the website) or you can always get the fruit and yogurt parfait.

lol I'm certainly not starving, but I think as a culture, we grossly over exaggerate how much food we need to function. I have no idea how many calories I eat per day but it would certainly be at least 1000 if not more.

I've just cut out snacks and also I've stopped eating when I'm bored, or I'm justing sitting in front of the tv. You'd be amazed how much food I actually used to eat from doing things like that, and I've realised that I really didn't need it.

Unfortunately, I have way too little will power to starve myself
biggrin.gif

Don't forget that the amount of calories you need depends on your weight, even WW has the same concept. 1200 is the lowest for girls, 1500 is the lowest for men, that is still healthy, and won't end you up sh*t creek without a paddle.

I'm losing a few measures and a bit of weight because i'm doing belly dance classes - i lost 2 lb already
smile.gif

I know it's not much, but then you have to consider the fact i'm not dieting. If i was, certainly i'd be thinner already . I have no patience to diet
tongue.gif

Back