Does it bother you if you suspect you bought an item that has been returned?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vav

Reaction score
I really don't like to think i bought a returned item.
10.gif
How to avoid this?

Originally Posted by vav /img/forum/go_quote.gif I really don't like to think i bought a returned item.
10.gif
How to avoid this? Yes, it would bother me. If possible, always open the box and check the top texture of the powder or lipstick. Tell-tale signs are if the makeup item is heavily finger-printed on the outside. Take that back and try to get a refund, or at the very least, an exchange.

haha um at first i was thinking of clothes.

I guess the only way to tell is if it's still in it's original packaging, and still has all the security tapes on it.

I would mind but I just make sure I don't take something that has been opened in the store

Clothes, can't really tell unless it's obvious. Wh makeup, if you can, check it before you buy. If a box looks a little messed up but everything inside looks new, then that's fine, as long as a product doesn't look like its been tried (especially with makeup) I don't care, but if it looks used, its going back, lol.

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif haha um at first i was thinking of clothes.
Me too!

Originally Posted by CoverGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif It does! I always thought I was weird for being like that. lol No Im like that too, pleased I am not alone. I like them all sealed up, some companies seal their items so you can tell. I bought some Revlon lip sticks of ebay this week and they arrived, very cheep so I was happy but 2 of the 3 revlon lipsticks were in their factory sealing and one was not. All supposed to be brand new from a retailer. Could not tell if it had been tested so I took the top layer or coat off on paper before I tried it on myself.

Can they re-sell you used makeup (not meaning ebay)? It doesn't seem very sanitary. But yes I would be the same..with anything really. When I recently bought my new glass frames, they put the display in the little box to go to the person who put the lenses in & I made sure to ask that I was getting new frames & not the one that everyone has touched & tried on!

I always check for stuff like that. If something isn't sealed or has swipe marks on it I stay away. There tends to be items like those in clearance bins at cvs, so you have to check.

It bothers me too, and I'm a swapaholic! lol I guess it's because I like to know what I'm getting; w/ swapped makeup sometimes it's used, but I know it, and most of the time it comes clean and I have no issues using it, but if I'm paying for new, that's what I want!

I would be to especially if it was makeup.... bought a new home theater reciever last weekend and after getting it out I noticed that the batteries were in the remote and some one wrote the date on the manual.... And when I was having problems getting it working I was getting pissed that it might be broken or somethng... turns out that I'm just an idiot and can't read directions!! lol

i try also to examine the product before buying. but considering i want to buy a brand new item, i would consider extremely rude to get a used item instead. i would go for refund or exchange.

yeah, i think it depends if it was marked down or reduced in price BECAUSE it'd been used.. or if it was marketed as full price, totally new.

Back