Pearl Earrings

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What does everyone here think of pearl earrings for everyday wear? I am thinking of buying a pair online from Pearl Paradise. Are they more for evening wear or do you think they can be worn on a daily basis?

i have several pairs, I bought some from thailand and one pair here in oz. I wear them every day and I love them. They're only small but they're classy in a really nice understated way. I only change them if I want something bigger and bolder for evening wear but I think pearls can be suited to day or night events. LOVE my pearl earrings
smile.gif

mine are just studs though, not tear drops or anything.

What are the ones you're buying like?

Where's Anna? She works for Tiffany's pearl division, and that girl has more information on pearls that goodness knows!

when it come to everyday, like pinksugar said, simple pearl studs are always fine... just like any semiprecious or precious stone in stud form.

i'm here i'm here i'm here! and im at work. when i get home i'll be able to see what you posted and ill give you girls a whole pearl education.

ok im here!!! Would it be possiable for you to link me to the pair you are looking at so I can give you product specific info?When shopping for pearls there are several factors you want to look for, which are next to impossiable to judge online. First, luster. Luster is what makes a pearl a pearl. Its the glow, the way the light reflects off the pearl looking like it comes from with in. The best way to judge luster is how well you can see your reflection in the pearl. Next you want to look at it's complexion. pears are organic they come from nature. like you, a freckle here a dimple there gives it charector and is not a big deal. But you don't want a complete pock marked pearl. Last you want to look at the way they are matched. you want them to be uniform in shape size and color. No two pearls are ever going to be alike but you want them to be as close as possiable especially when they are earrings. That said, about Pearl Paradise. jeremy shepard is the owner and has a good reputaion as being an honest seller. BUT. you are from australia! There are pearl famers all around you with gorgeous south seas. Have you looked at other options like buying from local farmers?

Thanks Anna! That's great info, and very helpful too! Now, get me some Iridesse on your discount, and it's all good LOL! j/k!

I wear pearl earrings everyday. That is one thing my friends know me for, I always have some sort of pearl 'something' on.

I absolutely love pearl earrings and wear them often during the day. Mine arent real though, but they are still pretty
smile.gif

Love pearls. I choose smaller ones for everyday though I have been known to sport the wilma flintstone size when wearing my hair up. You can't go wrong with them.

i wear my pearls EVERYDAY...

they are simple and very classy...

they look good with just about everything...

i have just regular stud pearls...

nothing fancy...

i bought them at a dillards jewelry counter...

I have a small pair of pearl studs and a basic pearl necklace that I adore. Theres something soo "classy sexy" about simple pearls, and like said before they're great for daytime or night.

pearl earings are perfect for every day. I wear fake pearls because I loose my earings very easily.

i had some fake pearls...

and they were nice...

UNTIL...

my ears started getting crusty...

i politely went and spent a few dollars on some real ones...

haven't had any issues since...

I guess when you have sensitive ears, fake pearls are not a good idea. thankfully my ears can take anything, never had any problems with any kind of cheap earings. That's great, because I lose them like there is no tomorrow, so i prefer the less pricey option
smile.gif

i like them, but i have trouble wearing them because i don't like much how they look on me.

I wear Pearls almost every single day of my life. I work in the medical field so unfortunately at two of my jobs I cant wear jewelry, but any other time its hard to catch me without them on. Dresses, jeans, t shirts, you name it and I'm still wearing my pearls with it lol. In my opinion Pearls are a girls best friend. So rock them love :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back