Soapy Info Please

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just a couple questions that I thought would be best answered in this forum. If anyone has info on learn how to make soap or any related info I would be very well pleased.

Also I wanted to ask if anyone knows someone that sells soap as a business, I am guessing that these people would have the best info because they are actually in the hobby.

My idea was actually to learn soap making because I am so into the home spa stuff.

Also I want to know where I can buy affordable good ingredients and tools for soap making like glycerin and the molds.

Any great websites that have recipes that make super soaps?

Books?

Thank you very much

Miss Lovely

To make soap , you need a big knowledge (if you're making CP soap even more) and lots of patience - you won't be able to make immediately soaps with good quality and consistency between batches on the first or second time you try - people who do that as a living say that you have to practice a lot until it turns right! And even being experienced, the soaps sometime get 'angry' and go bad on you

That said - it's a lot of fun doing soaps. On About.com , on the Hobby area, there's a subarea that deals with soap and candle making and there you can find the basic info to begin making soap! And after that you can just search on google - there's forums about that as well

Hope that helps!

Thank you very much, I never thought to search for a forum specified in that craft. Thanks again for the idea and help!

Back