Best MM for oily skin with large pores

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Help. I can't decide. Someone said to stay away from Bismuth it causes breakouts. The only one I can find w/o it is Jane Iredale. Has anyone tried this brand? Hows Bare Escentuals? I was also looking at Youngblood. Any suggestions

I have oily skin, large pores, and also the beginnings of wrinkles around my eyes. I LOVE Lumiere foundation in the Cashmere formula. It gives me a very airbrushed, healthy look. I started out using BE several years ago, and the bismuth made me itch, so I've sampled a ton of brands. There are SO many wonderful brands out there, and most of them are much cheaper (and have gentler ingredients) than BE. Lumiere Cashmere has silk powder in it, and it's very soft. There is a mineral makeup forum on Delphi called Mineral Makeup Mania, and the forum has a list of a couple dozen mineral makeup companies. Pretty much all of them have very inexpensive samples, so that you can find the right shade, undertone, and formula for your skin. Tons of fun!!! Good luck in your search!!!
smile.gif

Try using Oil Absorb from Purely Cosmetics under your foundation. It's just clay, and works really well at absorbing that oil. I think I read in the rules somewhere that I don't have enough posts to post links outside of this forum. Go to purelycosmetics.com, click on face, and the 3rd drop down will be Oil Absorb.

Ldygwnvr, you and I sound like skin-twins! I will definitely have to check out the Cashmere line. Thank you!

There are so many brands out there and they are considerably cheaper than BE or Jane Iredale. Bismuth can make you a little shiny and some women have problems with itching. My problem with BE wasn't with the bismuth but the lack of color choices. My foundation now is Meow. They have about 70-80 shades in foundation. You may need to decide what you are looking for in your foundation. I need oil control big time. I need to have a higher dose of kaolin clay. Maybe tell us something about you. Your age, your skin type.

Have you read the Mineral Site sticky yet on this forum? My gosh that list is getting long. So many companies to research.

Originally Posted by Callystia /img/forum/go_quote.gif Ldygwnvr, you and I sound like skin-twins! I will definitely have to check out the Cashmere line. Thank you! I love the Cashmere!! If your skin is like mine, you definitely won't be disappointed!!
smile.gif

I have a rather oily skin too and I have found that it's rather using the appropriate moisturizer and then a good primer that help keeping the oilies away and make the pores on my nose disappear. My makeup primer is a makeup base I bought in Sephora (nothing to do with MMU
frown.gif
, but the thing is really efficient at blurring even the largest pores I have). Over the primer I use EM's balancing powder mixed with thier silk powder and then my foundation (EM too).

Hope that helps.

I fourth Lumiere's Cashmere foundation. I have not had any problems with my pores showing up since I started using it. I also really press the foundation onto the areas with pores to fill them in.

i have oily and pimple prone skin..bismuth made me itch too and i think BE and Jane iredale has bismuth...i use MEOW foundations and it doesnt make me itch..if you prefer pressed foundations, i love Larenim
wink.gif

My daily routine to keep my mineral makeup on all day is basically this:

Primer - Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

Concealer - EDM Fair/Multitask

Foundation - EDM Fairly Light Intensive

Finishing powder - BE Mineral Veil.

I've noticed a huge difference when I use Mineral Veil. It covers my pores, keeps my face less shiny and makes my foundation last (naturally, since oil is what causes makeup to slide off). None of the makeup mentioned above contain Bismuth.

i find that using monistat ant-chafing gel as a primer helps control the oilies and minimizes my large pores. plus i use omc's bamboo foundie and luminare's heaven sent mineral veil.

I have not tried many brands, and has not too much to compare with, but I am happy with my foundation from Everyday Minerals. This is a great solution, because there are different powders available for different skintypes. I chose one for oily skin, and it is great!

I heard that I.D migth cause problems for the skin around the nose area, and ai would recomend trying everyday first, becouse of the variation in price.

same case w/ me. i have very oilly skin and large pores. not to mention im really prone to occasional break outs. i think lumiere does the job. it lasts through out the day. normally i just use blotting paper at around noon.

old thread alert!! I am still in sampling stage to find my HG MMU foundation...who still uses Lumiere? Does it turn orange!?!?! I am having that problem...

I have a tip.

use any mineral foundation with the wet method and than apply the foundation one more layer with a dry method . this way the pores so small.. I tried that and its great.

I use bare escentuals for my makeup. I love it. I have oily skin too which usually cause breakouts. Bare escentuals is made for people with oily skin. Easy to apply and it looks natural. Bare escentuals also has a product called mineral veil. I can't live without it. It's a powder that takes away the shine. So if you have shine, just brush your face with the mineral veil and it will absorb the oil and you'll be shine free.

I would try using a mineral primer or any other primer (silicone) if that's ok for you and as for foundations Cory's and Monave's Concealer conceal larger pores very well.

Fyrinnae's Rice Primer Powder is fabulous for poreminimising and shine control. I use it as primer and as finishing dust and look airbrushed. It may work for you too.

Originally Posted by simisimi100 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have a tip. use any mineral foundation with the wet method and than apply the foundation one more layer with a dry method . this way the pores so small.. I tried that and its great.

i totally agree!ü this technique makes me look flawless everytime

Latest posts

Back