How important is packaging to you?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The content. If the packaging looks cute or is convenient that's just an added bonus for me. It's not like anyone will really see the packaging besides me anyway, but everyone I see will see what the contents looks like on, so that means more to me.

The content, though I do like nicely packaged products.

The only thing I gripe about with package is whether or not it's travel friendly. If I have to whip out a brush to reapply lipstick or carry around a huge jar- yeah, probably not going to be my first choice.

But your finished face is what people are going to see, not the products used to apply it.

The content is more important, of course. Although, I am definitely a sucker for nice packaging. But, if the product inside the nice packaging is crap I won't buy it again.

i think anyone is going to say content. but sometimes ill pass up a good recommendation on a product because it's ugly.

Originally Posted by MindySue /img/forum/go_quote.gif i think anyone is going to say content. but sometimes ill pass up a good recommendation on a product because it's ugly. lol.. i read a study some time ago and it basically said women shop for cosmetics product based on packaging which is why companies spend so much on theirs. maybe the trends are changing?

the content for sure. but, if the packaging is really dumb looking and not my style, then i won't buy it. lol.

Content, BUT if I'm shopping on a whim packaging and appearance will ALWAYS draw me in, so princesstoni I think there is still some truth in that study because companies put alot into product marketing and it works!

content all the way.

the bottle can look super cute, but if the product sucks, its just a waste of money.

both. everyone appreciates a good packaging that catches your eye among all other products. and of course content, because if i had a bad experience with a product, i'll tend to stay away from the brand.

i'll admit that i've bought products because the case it comes in was pretty! for the stuff that i NEED (like foundation) my decision is not based on packaging, but things like eyeshadows/ palettes i do like the case to be pretty

I demand both cute packaging and quality. i just won't settle for less....heheh. I'm a makeup snob.

Most definately content. Cute packaging is only a plus. I HAVE bought things before b/c of the packaging though.

Originally Posted by SarahStarFlower /img/forum/go_quote.gif The content, though I do like nicely packaged products.The only thing I gripe about with package is whether or not it's travel friendly. If I have to whip out a brush to reapply lipstick or carry around a huge jar- yeah, probably not going to be my first choice.

But your finished face is what people are going to see, not the products used to apply it.

Ditto.

Both!
smile.gif
I guess I'm a makeup snob, too.

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif I demand both cute packaging and quality. i just won't settle for less....heheh. I'm a makeup snob.
dito.gif

I'd perfer quality, cause after you take it out of the box, package, etc, your just left with the product. Although i have been tricked with cute packaging before. *shakes fist*

Latest posts

Back