Bloated PMS-belly-anyone else?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just told my friend in med school about how sometimes my belly looks completely bloated for a couple of days in a row. I don´t have bad gas (well, at least not noticeable more than usual lol), but my stomach is totally round, I almost look 3 months pregnant!!!

So she said "oh, that´s a PMS symptom", and I was like "wow you might be right, I´m gonna start my period in a few days". I never related it to this, but what else would it be, right?

I mean it can´t be from certain foods, because I usually always eat the same stuff, and on the bloated days my belly is even bloated in the morning (whereas it´s totally flat on normal days)

Does anyone else experience this? And is there something I could do about it? My friend suggested I drink fennel and caraway tea cause these are supposed to help against bloating.

I lot of people describe a "PMS belly", even though I cannot quote you the mechanism! LOL

Originally Posted by Thais /img/forum/go_quote.gif I lot of people describe a "PMS belly", even though I cannot quote you the mechanism! LOL lol good to know, I have been trying to think of a possible explanation (because it sure can´t be all fluids in there) but I couldn´t think of any.

I drink chamomille tea and help fart out all the air you have in your stomach.When Im in my rag I get like this.

Oh man...I get that too. I just feel swollen and round everywhere when I PMS.

LOL my stomach looks like that all the time, Andi!
rotfl.gif

seriously though, I never really notice my stomach looking significantly rounder before my period, it always seems round to me!

yesss deff...the prego belly b4 my period! ..sometimes it makes u think...hmmm were u up to date with your birth control lol

Originally Posted by macface /img/forum/go_quote.gif I drink chamomille tea and help fart out all the air you have in your stomach.When Im in my rag I get like this. I tried that, the problem is that I can´t fart it out that much so my belly just stays bloated for days.

Originally Posted by Andi /img/forum/go_quote.gif I tried that, the problem is that I can´t fart it out that much so my belly just stays bloated for days. Try sitting on your knees, then lay forward with your stomach flat on the ground, and butt as high in the air as you can get it while still having your knees on the ground. Works like a charm normally (and I learned this 10 years ago from a then 9 y.o)!

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif Try sitting on your knees, then lay forward with your stomach flat on the ground, and butt as high in the air as you can get it while still having your knees on the ground. Works like a charm normally (and I learned this 10 years ago from a then 9 y.o)! oh man, that´s some practical advice for once! lol I´ll give it a try!

Originally Posted by Andi /img/forum/go_quote.gif oh man, that´s some practical advice for once! lol I´ll give it a try! LOL! It's almost weird at first because you're trying to totally "distort" your body into a position. But, it works. You can do it laying on the bed, sofa, floor. It might take a bit (as in over the course of a few hours or so), but it'll work. Works when you just have "gas-gas" too LOL!

I definitely get that. It's one of the first signs that my period is on its way!

I notice things are tighter on me, but I don't go check my belly (so who knows). Mine is pretty flat, but I just feel like a big marshmellow when I'm bloating cause I can't relax it. It doesn't bother me though, just nature I guess.

mine use to get like that before i had kids, now it doesn't bloat out like that anymore, i just get it everywhere lol.

Back