Rimmel Makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I saw the cover of Jennifer Lopez on Allure Mag. It said Rimmel makeup products. I liked the bare lip look. Has anyone used Rimmel mascara? Are they any good, even though they are cheap drug store makeup?

I have mixed feelings about rimmel make-up. I can't wear their eye shadow because I have an alergic reaction to it. Their mascara is ok. I like the way their lipsticks and glosses look but they smell and taste kinda nasty.

I bought some rimmel mascaras because Andi used it in one of her fotd's, and it looked gorgeous on her. It works good on me too, but my all time favorite is still l'oreals HIP mascara. Rimmel mascara is cheap enough to test it out... so I'd give it a shot.

I also LOVE their kohl eye liners.... I'd pick them over MAC's. That's about all I use though.

Originally Posted by bella1342 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I bought some rimmel mascaras because Andi used it in one of her fotd's, and it looked gorgeous on her. It works good on me too, but my all time favorite is still l'oreals HIP mascara. Rimmel mascara is cheap enough to test it out... so I'd give it a shot.
I also LOVE their kohl eye liners.... I'd pick them over MAC's. That's about all I use though.

Yes! Rimmels eyeliners are wonderful, but I don't use them much because I prefer to buy the eyeliners with more lasting power from Revlon and cover girl. However if you want a bit more of a subtle, blended eyeliner look then rimmels eyeliners are great.

Rimmel mascara does work well for me. However, I did write a scathing review some time ago about their lipsticks.

The lycra lash one is my HG and I like the lop vinyl lipglosses a lot. The eyeshadows have no pigmentation pretty much so I wouldn't bother with those.

Rimmel's waterproof mascara is quite good... not that it is actually waterproof, just that it goes on well, doesn't clump much and makes my lashes look longer.

I think that's the only product I've ever been impressed with, though.

I like the Kiss Off gloss and the Lash Maxx mascara. No complaints on either of those from me.

I bought an e/s once and it was sooooo bad. I have two mascaras now, the Lash Maxx I think it's called which is not bad though not spectacular either and the lycra which I haven't tried yet.

I know what you mean, JLo looked gorgeous on that cover. I loved her skin and gloss. I also use the same mascara Andi wore, the Extra Super Lash. Other than that, I never really tried anything else by Rimmel, except a blush, but I don't really like it.

Hi,

Have you tried doing a search? I believe there was a thread awhile ago about their mascara. I can say that I do keep a couple of their blushes in my kit.

I have not been impressed with the Rimmel line at all.

If there's one product in their line that really, really bites, it's the eyeshadow. It's pretty much all filler, so hardly any color gets on the lid at all.

The lipsticks are sub par, but there are better lip formulas out there.

The foundations and powders suck, and no one can convince me otherwise, lolol.

In conclusion: Not a very good line.

I wouldn't let the fact that something is cheap and from a drugstore influence me in making a decision. I can only afford ds products and have found that they work quite well actually. I only tried Rimmel mascaras and lipgloss and love both of them. I recently scored a volumneboost gloss in a super bright red for 80 cents at Meijer's so look for deals. If you don't end up liking it you don't have to worry about losing a lot of money.

For those of you you like their lip products...How can you stand their smell and taste?

They looked great but the smell and taste made me want to gag.

Back