Benefit- Yays, Nays?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was bopping thru the mall last week and the Counter gal from Benefit was rounding the store, handing out brochures and inviting people for makeup/ makeovers at her counter. I was tempted, but running out of time on my lunch break. But I was looking thru the brochure and some of their stuff looks so cool. I own none of it. What is your opinion of Benefit? Do they have any Must Haves? And any You Should Not Bothers?
frown.gif

BeneBaby is our Benefit queen - she used to work for them, so she knows a lot. I can't help you because i never touched a product from them, but i'm sure that many other girls will help you - and meanwhile you can always try to use our search function if you have interest on a specific product, like the High Brow or Browzing

My faves are highbrow and browzings. I dont own anything else but im sad my browzings is almost done. lol

Apart from Browzings, I really like the Dallas blush and Moonbeam highlighter.

I'd really like to try the moonbeam highlighter because it looks good on some people in their FOTDs. Looks like it would be worth having.

my sister has the hoola, the bad gal lash, and realness of concealness thingy they all work GREAT! Hoola gives ur skin a nice natural looking deep tan, bad gal lash makes my eyelashes look pretty long. Try em out! =)

I like alot of their products! They are worth trying, they have a lot of christmas sets out right now and you can try a variety of different products without spending alot.

Hoola bronzer is one of my everday staples. I've been using it for years! I think benefit is a really good line.

Benefit rules. They are great at making their products look amazing and you'll want them even if you know you'd never use them. I like them a whole lot. They have good stuff but IMO not as great as mac, but i'd take the packaging over MAC anyday.

I love The Dallas & Dandelion Blushes. I also reallllllly love the browzings and Badgal lash mascara.

I love sooo many things! Highbrow, Benetint, High Beam, Gilded, All of the beauty powders, especially dandelion.... how could I forget about Babe Cakes... love that liner duo. The glosses are cool... I love so much.

I love love LOVE high beam, I love dallas blush and the show offs are awesome. I also really like the creaseless creams!

Hi:

The products that I have by Benefit are She-Laq and Dr. Feelgood. Manders is definitely the person that can give you the low-down on Benefit products.
thumbsup2.gif

I bought dr. feelgood and benetint and both of them i got rid of. Benetint was quite drying and didn't like how it felt on my skin and dr. feelgood ended up with icky debris ..and i don't know if that was from the sponge or what but I haven't dare touch anything else from benefit in the case that i might get disappointed again.

As what many have said, benebaby is your best choice..

Personally, not my favorite.

A lot of their line seems pretty original to me, like high beam and benetint. But I like substatuting things so I don't have to spend so much on a product I can use in multiple ways.

Take their High Brow highlighter thingy and their Cupid's Bow set for example. You can use a creamy gloss over your cupids bow and shimmery pink e/s that you already own for under your brow bone. Instead of buying a whole new thing. IDK, that's just me. But if you have money to splurge, go for it.

I adore Benefit Bad Gal Lash. Other than lipstick, I haven't used much else.

addendum----------I forgot I use Speedbrow everyday. Duh. I had a brain fart. I love it too.

I like their georgia blush or whatever it is.. and I have their other mascara, that isn't bad gal or the blue one.

I will say, for a mascara that was fairly expensive, I did not expect it to leak at the top all over my makeup bag. The actual product was good but for ages after I bought it I didn't wear it much because it would get EVERYWHERE. Not sure if this was a one off with my particular tube or whether it is consistent with other people's experience but it did turn me off the brand somewhat.

Still love their stuff though

I can't live without my browzing, and Hop scotch foundation stick, I also own a few of there paint pots, bad gal mascara, dallas blush and a few other things.... I love benefit, there worth a try.....
rockwoot.gif

Back