Manders is retiring....

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey friends! Well I am making the official announcement that I will be retiring from DTB's. While I still really love to do them and probably will still do them, I will no longer post them or be included in voting.

I came to this decision after hearing threads, comments and overall negativity about my past wins. Sooo hopefully my retirement will encourage others to join and have fun...I did. I'm looking forward to seeing lots of wonderful submissions!

it sucks it has to come to that-- but you're mature enough to make a decision based on what doesn't/does feel right to you. that's respectable.

I'm sorry to hear that. I have always loved looking at your dare to be entries and especially your tutorials, but I respect your decision.

Good luck manders. I know I've made comments in the past about the same people winning but I wasnt referring to anyone specifically and so if you thought it might have been you I do appologise. I never meant my comments to be taken that way

hug.gif

If I remember correctly, you sat out of one, and there was still no more participation than the others you had entered in. Personally, I don't think you should quit posting and entering your pics. I'll miss seeing your DTBs, and I truly hope you'll rethink it!
hug.gif

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif If I remember correctly, you sat out of one, and there was still no more participation than the others you had entered in. Personally, I don't think you should quit posting and entering your pics. I'll miss seeing your DTBs, and I truly hope you'll rethink it!
hug.gif
iagree.gif

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif If I remember correctly, you sat out of one, and there was still no more participation than the others you had entered in. Personally, I don't think you should quit posting and entering your pics. I'll miss seeing your DTBs, and I truly hope you'll rethink it!
hug.gif
My thoughts exactly. We have discussed this before, you sat out, participation DID not change, you were a scapegoat at that moment. You are talented, and it shows. Do not retire from DTB's. It wont change anything.

BTW, I should mention, to me, this is one of those things where it's UNFAIR to you while everyone's talking about making it fair. How is it being made fair if you're leaving DTBs? It's not, and won't be. No one person should quit doing something to make it "fair" to others because that's denying the fairness you deserve.

What have I missed? Who is saying negative things? I love your DTB's. Manders, you and others like you are one of the reasons that I love this place. You, unlike me, know what you are doing and do it damn well. I am always in awe even when it's just your normal everyday go to work face. Please don't stop. Don't let one or even a few negative people make the rest of us suffer. If you win...........so what. You deserved it. I have voted for you many times and there was a time or two that I didn't (sorry). You have awesome skills and I don't want to be deprived of seeing your beautiful face because someone is jealous or whatever their problem is. Please, please, please keep posting. Don't make me beg...........ok, I'll beg. I'm not too proud!!! Love you sweetie!

I'm not sure I understand correctly, who's saying negative things about you being in D2Bs?

When I refer to D2B *stuff*, I'm talking about something else entirely. Not the frequent participants. If anything, my off-board comments were in yours and other frequent winners defense, not the opposite.

I dont think you should quit manders. I definitely think there needs to ba a overhaul of that forum. I dont think you should not be able to enter. I however (only my opinion and totally not directed to you) did think there should not be back to back winners but i thought about that and thats not fair. There's no problem with back to back winners. If you have a talent as do the other girls that post on the DTB's and you have the best DTB you should win!! Love you Manders and seeing that gorgeous face of yours!!!!!

Please rethink your decision. You have amazing talent and you are an asset to MUT!

Im going to say that although I don't want you to I totally understand why. I have noticed Manders decreasing popularity in the DTB's. It might not be said out loud but it is noticed. Way less votes for her DTB's than they used to be, sometimes she doesnt even get in the top..and it is clear hers are far better than some of the people who are getting voted instead. People are trying to just vote for others because they don't want to see the same people winning, but I hardly think that is fair if the people winning arent even the best. It's hard to be completely fair.

I love your DTB's Manders, it sucks that people get discouraged by someone elses skills, and get sick of seeing them win even though thats the fair way.

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif BTW, I should mention, to me, this is one of those things where it's UNFAIR to you while everyone's talking about making it fair. How is it being made fair if you're leaving DTBs? It's not, and won't be. No one person should quit doing something to make it "fair" to others because that's denying the fairness you deserve. I agree!!

I agree as well, you do a great job and deserve to enter as much as anyone else. Peoples' opinions shouldn't matter. We should all be adult enough to be able to be happy for *whoever* wins...

Originally Posted by jessiej78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I agree as well, you do a great job and deserve to enter as much as anyone else. Peoples' pinions shouldn't matter. We should all be adult enough to be able to be happy for *whoever* wins... ITA! But thats not the case.

Originally Posted by jessiej78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I agree as well, you do a great job and deserve to enter as much as anyone else. Peoples' pinions shouldn't matter. We should all be adult enough to be able to be happy for *whoever* wins... Total ditto to this!!!!! Please dont retire Amanda

Why dont we just retire the voting? Its alot more fun without making it a popularity contest! You have great skills and you shouldnt stop posting.

Latest posts

Back