Should Voting Be Removed From D2B Challenges? You decide!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, all!

A number of members have voiced their concern regarding voting in D2B challenges. The mods have decided to post this poll regarding the future of these challenges.

Would you like to see Dare To Be Challenges without voting from now on? Or would you prefer the voting to remain as is? Please vote!

Please keep in mind that this is a public poll simply so that the validity of this poll will not be in question. Please leave a comment regarding your opinions/concerns when you vote so we can do our best to meet your needs!

You will have until November 30th to place your vote.

g.gif

I voted no. Admittedly I don't participate in the challenges because I really don't have any talent for that, however; I don't have a problem giving props to someone else's skills. Maybe some concerns of those who feel the same people win too much can be alleviated if the rules are tweaked so that there are no back to back winners. I think this thread was meant to be a competition and I'm all for it.

Originally Posted by RachaelMarie /img/forum/go_quote.gif I voted no. Admittedly I don't participate in the challenges because I really don't have any talent for that, however; I don't have a problem giving props to someone else's skills. Maybe some concerns of those who feel the same people win too much can be alleviated if the rules are tweaked so that there are no back to back winners. I think this thread was meant to be a competition and I'm all for it. I voted no as well. I was thinking the same thing about no back to back winners. I have heard of a lot of contests that do that. To eliminate voting would be a bad thing, I think. I don't think it would be nearly as fun. Human nature is to be motivated and excited by a challenge, it's what makes it so much fun! (I myself have no talent in this area, so I do not enter mysef, lol)

I agree with Rachael. These challenges are meant to be a competition which makes them alot funner. I partially agree with the no back to back winners, only so there isn't problems and complaints but then again i don't think it's fair in a sense..

I agree! I think the winners should stay out for the round that they pick the theme. But on that round, (if they want) they can be the inspirational face. That way, they can be involve in the round. Maybe this will work???
nixweiss.gif

Originally Posted by juizihunni /img/forum/go_quote.gif I agree! I think the winners should stay out for the round that they pick the theme. But on that round, (if they want) they can be the inspirational face. That way, they can be involve in the round. Maybe this will work???
nixweiss.gif
Oh, that sounds like a great idea!

No. The elimination of voting will not increase participation. It is a CHALLENGE, if we get rid of voting DTB's will essentially become elaborate FOTDS. I have been a scapegoat for lack of participation, now it's voting that is the blame....seriously this is lame.

I think it is a challenge and a challenge need a winner. And we all know the best one will be the winner. It's just a fun thing Girls! No reason to be sad or to be upset!
smile.gif

I can't decide, I can't predict what will happen and that's making the decision hard. I think I'll pass on voting for now.

Errrrr, now that I think about it--I think there should still be votes but any one is welcome to sit out from the voting if they chose to.

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif No. The elimination of voting will not increase participation. It is a CHALLENGE, if we get rid of voting DTB's will essentially become elaborate FOTDS. I have been a scapegoat for lack of participation, now it's voting that is the blame....seriously this is lame.
iagree.gif

Originally Posted by Annia /img/forum/go_quote.gif I can't decide, I can't predict what will happen and that's making the decision hard. I think I'll pass on voting for now.
Errrrr, now that I think about it--I think there should still be votes but any one is welcome to sit out from the voting if they chose to.

Btw, I meant participants can ask that their photo submissions not to be on the voting list.

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif No. The elimination of voting will not increase participation. It is a CHALLENGE, if we get rid of voting DTB's will essentially become elaborate FOTDS. I have been a scapegoat for lack of participation, now it's voting that is the blame....seriously this is lame. ITA

I don't want voting to be removed. People complain but I bet there'll be even less participation if voting is removed. I enter because is a challenge and even when I get only 6 votes I'm happy because for 6 people mine was the best. I don't care if I don't win, I enjoy seeing other people's creations and if they did something awesome, why shouldn't they win?

I've thought about the fact that in DTB's when you win you don't actually win something, only the opportunity to choose the next theme. I've seen other places where contest winners get a prize. In such cases it would be much more important that the same people don't win all the time, but here is not.

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif No. The elimination of voting will not increase participation. It is a CHALLENGE, if we get rid of voting DTB's will essentially become elaborate FOTDS. I have been a scapegoat for lack of participation, now it's voting that is the blame....seriously this is lame.
dito.gif
iagree.gif

Originally Posted by Annia /img/forum/go_quote.gif Btw, I meant participants can ask that their photo submissions not to be on the voting list. We already do that.
smile.gif

Everyone is welcome to enter, yet opt out of the poll.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Sheikah /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't want voting to be removed. People complain but I bet there'll be even less participation if voting is removed. I enter because is a challenge and even when I get only 6 votes I'm happy because for 6 people mine was the best. I don't care if I don't win, I enjoy seeing other people's creations and if they did something awesome, why shouldn't they win?
I've thought about the fact that in DTB's when you win you don't actually win something, only the opportunity to choose the next theme. I've seen other places where contest winners get a prize. In such cases it would be much more important that the same people don't win all the time, but here is not.

iagree.gif

At first I was on the fence as to whether or not I prefer the voting eliminated. In the end, I voted no. I really don't feel that voting is discouraging participation. There has been past D2Bs that had less participation than usual, and there's been D2Bs that had lots of entries. I personally think it just depends on the theme, and whether people have the materials to do it, and if people like the theme...period. If anyone wishes for their entry not to be voted on, then they can always make that choice. Also, I hope people don't blame those who are winning back to back for the lack of participation. It's not fair that people don't get credit for their work, just to make others feel better. In this case, then the back to back wins should encourage others to challenge themselves to do better, right?

Maybe there can be a rule against back to back winners...like maybe having the one with the second most votes choose the next theme, to give others a chance.
smile.gif
I guess that could be fair, since there isn't a prize for winning anyway. This way, others can get to choose the next theme instead of the same person picking themes back to back. But then again...I don't know if that's fair to the person who did win. *sigh*...I'm no help. LOL.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif No. The elimination of voting will not increase participation. It is a CHALLENGE, if we get rid of voting DTB's will essentially become elaborate FOTDS. I have been a scapegoat for lack of participation, now it's voting that is the blame....seriously this is lame. Exactly!

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif We already do that.
smile.gif

Everyone is welcome to enter, yet opt out of the poll.
smile.gif

I saw that a few have done that before. I really like it!

Latest posts

Back