Need EDM Eyecolor Advice - green eyes, 42 yrs

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've just been trying my Everyday Minerals samples the last few days and am planning to order a full size kit. I thought I might also get a mini eyecolor kit also to take advantage of the special they have going on right now which includes the Hot Chocolate and Countryside eyecolors. I am having a very difficult time choosing ten eyeshadows and would really appreciate some advice!

*1. I'm 42. My skin is pretty decent but not that of a 20 year old, so I'm wondering if the shimmers will make my eyelids look crepey? Would the pearl or mattes be better? Are the mattes too flat looking? Any EDM eyecolors I should definitely avoid?

I have a lot of yellow undertone in my skin - I use Winged Butter or Golden Medium foundation - but tend to also have a lot of ruddiness in my complexion that I try to neutralize. My hair is light brown with golden highlights, and my eyes are green.

In the past I have always worn very neutral eyecolors - a golden or taupey brown in the crease with a light color on my lid - I generally prefer a natural look (me, only better) without anything that's too obvious. I usually line my eyes with my eyebrow powder.

Lately I've been using Suncat SunShape in my crease which is a light, neutral contouring color... but I have read that purple and violet can really make green eyes 'pop'. I don't see myself wearing dark purple all over my lid, and I don't want to look like I have bruised eyes... but I thought maybe a lavender or light violet color on my lid and a darker purple color to line my lashes might be nice. I'm not sure what I would use in the crease though.

*2. Would Net Surfing or Mystic Night be a good purplish eye liner to make green eyes pop? (Is Mystic Night more blue than purple?)

*3. Have any of you tried Diary, Wildflowers, Snowflakes, or Bedtime Story?

*4. Does EDM make a nice light, warm gold color with a small amount of shimmer that might work for me? What do you guys think of Movie Night or Oasis?

*5. Any opinions on Ginger Peach, Sunset Voyage, Sunset Candles, Spin Cycle or On the Phone?

*6. Any flattering light neutral shades you guys can recommend? Good China? Rare silk? Chamomile?

I've been driving myself crazy trying to decide, because I really have never tried colors like most of these and don't want anything that looks too harsh or made up.

Thanks in advance for any advice you guys can give me!
smile.gif

I have a few EDM eyeshadow, some of them you listed. I am also a big fan of neutral colors. (I have light skin with a hint of yellow undertone and blue eyes). I know , many people disagree with me, but I think many shimmery MMU e/s is definetaly targeting (or should be) for under 20 or people who acting like under 20, IMHO. I prefer the pearls and the mattes, i tried some shimmers. Some companies has semi mattes , those are my favourites.

3. I have Bedtime story , which is a suble light lilac, it gives you an elegant look and it is not flat at all! I am most satisfied with this shadow from all of my EDM shadows. However it is a little bit cool shade.

4. I have Ginger peach and if I had the chance try before to buy it, I would n't have bought it. If you put too much of it , your eyes looks like you just cried. Usually I like the peachy light eyeshadows, but this one is just not the right tone.

6. I have both Good china and Chamomile. I prefer good china, it is a versatile color. On the other hand, Chamomile is more lemon yellow then gold, and does not goes well with many other color.

Peachycheeks - Thank you so much for your reply! Yes, I think semi-mattes and pearls are probably most flattering. I wish EDM made semi-mattes. (Or would you consider the pearls to be semi-matte?)

After I started this thread, I had a chance to look at some better pictures, and Bedtime Story looked gorgeous! I'm worried it might look really weird with my very yellow-toned skin though.

Thanks for the advice about the Ginger Peach. I'd rather not look like I've just been crying. And the lemon yellow Chamomile probably won't work for me either.

I'm so glad to be able to cross a few off my list. I'm trying to get these eyecolors picked out in time to take advantage of the current special.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by mk12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif (Or would you consider the pearls to be semi-matte?) No, EDM does not have semi matte, but some other company has. Usually semi mattes are bettwen pearl and matte. For example Signature Mineral has nice semi mattes.

Originally Posted by mk12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've just been trying my Everyday Minerals samples the last few days and am planning to order a full size kit. I thought I might also get a mini eyecolor kit also to take advantage of the special they have going on right now which includes the Hot Chocolate and Countryside eyecolors. I am having a very difficult time choosing ten eyeshadows and would really appreciate some advice!
*1. I'm 42. My skin is pretty decent but not that of a 20 year old, so I'm wondering if the shimmers will make my eyelids look crepey? Would the pearl or mattes be better? Are the mattes too flat looking? Any EDM eyecolors I should definitely avoid?

I have a lot of yellow undertone in my skin - I use Winged Butter or Golden Medium foundation - but tend to also have a lot of ruddiness in my complexion that I try to neutralize. My hair is light brown with golden highlights, and my eyes are green.

In the past I have always worn very neutral eyecolors - a golden or taupey brown in the crease with a light color on my lid - I generally prefer a natural look (me, only better) without anything that's too obvious. I usually line my eyes with my eyebrow powder.

Lately I've been using Suncat SunShape in my crease which is a light, neutral contouring color... but I have read that purple and violet can really make green eyes 'pop'. I don't see myself wearing dark purple all over my lid, and I don't want to look like I have bruised eyes... but I thought maybe a lavender or light violet color on my lid and a darker purple color to line my lashes might be nice. I'm not sure what I would use in the crease though.

*2. Would Net Surfing or Mystic Night be a good purplish eye liner to make green eyes pop? (Is Mystic Night more blue than purple?)

*3. Have any of you tried Diary, Wildflowers, Snowflakes, or Bedtime Story?

*4. Does EDM make a nice light, warm gold color with a small amount of shimmer that might work for me? What do you guys think of Movie Night or Oasis?

*5. Any opinions on Ginger Peach, Sunset Voyage, Sunset Candles, Spin Cycle or On the Phone?

*6. Any flattering light neutral shades you guys can recommend? Good China? Rare silk? Chamomile?

I've been driving myself crazy trying to decide, because I really have never tried colors like most of these and don't want anything that looks too harsh or made up.

Thanks in advance for any advice you guys can give me!
smile.gif

Your coloring sounds a lot like mine, I wore light winged butter & I have green eyes, I am 35. I happen to LOVE EDM e/s. I think the shimmers look fine on me, I would think they would look on you too. They not too overly shimmery in my opinion.
I highly recommend diary & wild flowers, two of my faves! My only complaint is that diary is a bit pale, but it works as a crease color anyways, I love to pair it with picnic actually. And wild flowers I wear all the time, it's great for a smokey eye look & I also use it on my brows when I want to fill them in more. Oasis is a great gold color, one of my faves! Ginger peach is a great peach tone. On the phone is a nice neutral tone with a touch of shimmer, one of my faves. Good china & chammomile are both faves of mine, I use chamomile as a highlight almost daily, couldn't live without it. I also highly recomend countryside & comfy for brown tones. And the dark brown brow color is great as a brown eyeliner if you're looking for one. Smokey is also a good liner.

I haven't used EDM but purples will make your eye pop! You've received some great recommendations here, let us know how you get on.

I love their eyeshadows as well! Here are some colors which I have and which I think will really look nice with your coloring:

Well-being

Shopping Spree

Thank You

Cool Breeze

Starry Eyed

I have them all and I think that they'll really make your eyes stand out.

Hope this helps,

CooCoo
sheep.gif

Latest posts

Back