Help

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a HUGE pimple on my chin that I picked and now it is very red and nasty looking.

I tried an asprin mask on Saturday followed by ACV but I think that inflammed it.

I tried another aspirin mask last night followed by the mask with honey and baking soda. I went to bed with honey on it and a bandaid

What else can I do to reduce the inflamation and promote the healing?

You know, I had that problem about a week ago.

I over treated my zit. Did the aspirin mask [which only made my skin feel softer], on top of that I left toothpaste over night. The toothpaste flattened it, though the zit was even more red and dryed out (which made it harder to conceal).

It finally went away when I treated it normal. Along with my normal routine (Proactive and then Nuetrogena rapid clear lotion before bedtime) I just added a spot treatment (by Clearasil) and it went away that weekend.

I also heard by a lot of people Visine really does take the red out (go figure : B) , so that could help too.

Also, I used a powder concealer to help dry it out. (I packed some bare escentuals on it)

I find that toothpaste lessens the redness, but meh, I guess everyone has different reactions.

I usually put a little bit on for around an hour and then wash it off and it is less inflamed. Otherwise all I can suggest is washing it carefull when you wash the rest of your face, maybe with a clearasil or clean and clear type cleanser specifically made for pimple-prone skin, and then lay off the moisturiser near that area
smile.gif

I'm also using a product from the health food shop, silica tablets. They're supposed to stop pimples and boils from forming. It's definately made the big blind pimple I had get smaller!

best of luck, I HATE pimples

What worked with me one time is icing that sucker down for a couple of hours. I don't know how many, but I was just talking to a friend and icing that thing down for a long as possible. And usually I apply benzoyl peroxide (5%) after icing, but this time I applied it before icing. And well I went to sleep, and well all I had was like a lil dot, but know inflammation. I was very happy about it.

Visine will work tame the redness down. Stop picking at it and try to leave it alone.

I know I should not have picked at it.

I think it was on of those cystic ones because it feels like there is omething there but nothing comes out.

Pink sugar how do you take these tablets.

"I'm also using a product from the health food shop, silica tablets. They're supposed to stop pimples and boils from forming. It's definately made the big blind pimple I had get smaller!"

well first, avoid touching it. then use tea tree or citrus oil (i put a few drops on some cotton and add a few drops of a vegetable oil, as EO are never to be used pure on the skin).

The Visine thing is a new one for me too! I agree with everyone saying quit messing with it though!! I think that will just irritate it more.

Back