"Dupe" For OPI Russian Navy

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Since black is out and navy blue is in, I'm sure some of us are looking for a nice bold, navy blue. I happened to be in Target yesterday, and while their SMALL OPI selection didn't have Russian Navy, they did have a close "dupe" by NYC. It's NYC Skin Tight Denim. I bought it ($0.99), and it seems like it'll be a nice dupe. I plan on doing my nails this weekend with it, so I'll post pics if I remember LOL! (I don't have OPI Russian Navy to post comparison pics, but I can pull a pic from another site I've seen someone post pics on.)

Thanks Aquilah! I just got russian navy two weeks ago. I probably would have been better off with your dupe.
smile.gif

I also bought this color because I heard dark navys were in! I actually added some black polish to it because I didn't think it looked dark enough for the 'trend' lol. I actually just painted my nails with it 2 minutes ago and they look pretty good!

Okay, I just did my nails, but I found pics of both NYC Skin Tight denim AND OPI Russian Navy by the same person. So, IMHO, it's better for a comparison. Here ya go!

704876.JPG

770656.JPG

PICS SOURCE

looks the same to me!!!

I have China Glaze-blk-bilabong.......I think it's very similar?!

I like the pic, it does look the same, now I wish I wouldn't have added the black! Oh well I can pick up another bottle since it's cheap and have both!

They look exactly the same, so I would say that was an excellent buy.

I found that if I layer my NYC's "Black Lace" with Sinful's "Aqua", I can get a very nice iridescent navy blue. It surprisingly does compliment skintones. I thought it would look bad against my complexion, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Back