I can't get her to eat, i'm worried..

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
ill.gif
Ok so my one year old daughter has been teething off and on since she was 10 months, well this is the first time she has ran a fever for 2 days straight, all she does is look very sad and he body is burning up when you touch her, she even went to bed last night at 7pm.. Yesturday morning all i was able to get her to eat was a banana and a little cup of cherri-os.. at lunch & night i tried feeding her all of her normal foods but she refused to take even one bite, and when i gave her a bath which she usually LOVES she just sat in the tub fussing and looking very sleepy.. She woke up around 1:30am and i heard her little tummy rumbling and it broke my heart i had to force a few bit's of bread in her mouth just to make her eat something, and i'd say she ate about a slice, i have definitly been keeping her hydrated with lot's of fluids, but again this morning all she ate was a few cherri-os and thats it, it's now noon and she wont eat lunch, i'm hopeing this is normal b/c this has never happened to her before..

if she has a fever, you need to take her to the doctor, could be an ear infection and needs antibiotics, as for her not eating, find something like chicken noodle soup or something that she would love. Keep her hydrated. During the next 24 hours if she is not producing alot of wet diapers, take her to the doctor.

She has plenty of wet diaper's, Her fever this morning has gone away but she is still very warm, if she is not better by tomorrow im going to take her in, im going to run to target to get some tylenol as well..

I'd get her some pedialite and take her to the doctor...........I hope she feels better soon.

if her gums hurt, I can understand her not eating. we gave my granddaughter teething pretzels to munch on.

Cyera didn't like eating when she was teething either, so I generally would either have to numb her gums first, or give her really soft foods. However, I can say, as our old pediatrician told us, a child will not allow themselves to starve. So, while she may not be eating, she could be "supplementing" in other ways. If you're extremely concerned, I'd make an appt. with your doctor.

Excellent advice Aquilah. I was going to say that she will eat if she gets hungry enough but I know if my teeth hurt and I have a fever that I dont want to eat anything. She can go longer than you think on less food. The most important thing is hydration. orajel and tylenol for pain and if the fever persists, take her to the pediatrician. Hope she feels better soon.

If she is still breastfeeding, she could live off of just breastmilk for several days. In fact, it would help if she did have an infection, as there are so many antibodies in breastmilk. If not, everyone else has great advice!

My daughter's fever broke after about 4 day's and she has sprouted about 4 teeth and a few that are hiding in the back under her gums, im so glad that headache is over with, she was like a nightmare child, now she i sback to her playful loving elf, she borke out in a rash after the fever broke and i was concerned it was either chicken pox or roseola, i called my ped. right away and they said it's normal so she went a week without normal food and she lived on eggs and fruit loops.. thaks for the advice, i can't wait for this whole teething to be over..

That happened when my daughter was teething. i gave her some infant tylenol for the fever massaged some baby orajel on her gums then let her chew on a frozen waffle. made her teeth feel better and got her to eat. hope this helps.

Back