Curly/Frizzy Hair

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
HI... I have tried almost every brand at walmart for curly/frizzy hair. I'm not really like any of them at the moment but my favorite would probably be herbal essences. I used to love Garnier sleek and shine til they reformulated. Do ya'll have any good ideas for a shampoo, conditioner, and styling products that aren't super expensive? I think the only thing I haven't tried from walmart is Sauve Professionals... I was thinking about trying their Healthy Curls shampoo and conditioner but I hate the styling products for it. My hair is shoulder length, brown (if that matters) curly, frizzy, poofy, and way out of control. Any help would be appreciated.

i'm pretty much a john frieda devotee! his products work great for me and i'm both curly and frizzy! lol~ i'm currently using:

secret weapon - shine and managability - $7

silicone gel - controls frizz - $5

(you can get both a cvs or riteaid) along with a moisturizer from dark and lovely.

i'm not big on shampoo these days, but for conditioner i use herbal essences rose hips and jojoba for dry, damaged hair, pantene prov for woc, and queen helene cholestrol conditioner once a week to deep condition.

I have very thick, tight, curly hair, not too frizz prone if I moisturize it regularly, but always very full, VERY big hair! lol
smile.gif
My favorite drugstore finds are these:

Neutrogena Triple Moisture Smooth Shine Anti-Frizz Cream

Dove Curl & Sculpt Defining Mousse

Suave Professionals Freeze Hold Finishing Spray

John Frieda brilliant brunette Light Reflecting Moisturizing Conditioner

Pantene Pro-V Treatment Intensive Curl Hydrating Mask

the only thing ive noticed that has helped any, is avdea's curly hair line.

its a little pricey, but worth the money.

plus it smells awsome.

Originally Posted by Retro-Violet /img/forum/go_quote.gif the only thing ive noticed that has helped any, is avdea's curly hair line.its a little pricey, but worth the money.

plus it smells awsome.

I agree that this is a great line too. Their thicker styling agent in the line is like a balm in a squat navy blue sueeze bottle (but be careful, squeeze a little too much, and you've wasted it!) and is absolutely wonderful for unruly wild, thick curls, and I use it. However, it is pricey (18 dollars an item!) and definitely NOT in the drugstore range...

Aveda is fantastic.! Trevor Sorbie has worked well for me as well.

i wish i could curl my hair, but that would be impossible, it's really really straight

products from frizoff.com are great, Justine uses these products especialy the curl keeper.

Latest posts

Back