The "average" bra size

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
According to this article The boom in busts: breasts getting bigger - National - theage.com.au the average bra size in Australia is 14C/12D (36C/34D), my other internet resources all appear to say that it's similar in the U.S.

Is any one actually this size?

I'm an 8/30 D so I'm not 'average", none of my friends fit this "average" size either... maybe every one where I live just has narrower backs or wider backs than size 12 and 14 and less common cup sizes :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It's impossible for my to find bras in my size, I've found a few stores that have just brought in 8A and 8AA, so that's a step forward I s'pose, they're finally recognising that there are small women out there... they just can't accept that they have boobs and make bigger cup sizes for them yet
frown.gif
Bigger bra sizes are also s'posed to be making an appearance in stores more and more as well.

That article I posted recognise that bra sizes vary a lot so maybe manufacturers will too? I certainly hope so!

I have a very similar problem. My back size is 8, but I'm a double D to an E cup. It is absolutely impossible, and if you can find them, they are not very attractive. I don't know anyone who is that size, some of my friends have wider backs but smaller cups, I'd say the average (amongst my friends only
smile.gif
is around 10-12C..

But you're definately not alone in the bra size issue!

lol! i know.. i think they chose an average by just the size of the breast.. not considering the frame and the back.. etc...

I'm a 30F / 28FF.. which will also vary depending on the make of the bra.. But the cup part is comparable to a 36C cup.. It is all in comparison to the back size..

There is a riduculous amount of women wearing the wrong size.. or who are a so-called "off size".. which is why I opened my store in January to find cute bras upto Kcup!! Most people who come in i've noticed are 32-36 E-G!

Yeah I think it makes sense. People getting bigger meaning breasts are going to be bigger.

Anyway I'm a 32C and even then, it's still hard to find cute ones in my size. I always see 34Cs but not nearly as many as my size.

im a 32DD...i can never find bras that fit properly.if this is the average size how come all the bras in clothing stores never go up of this size.

That's so true because when I go bra shopping, I cant find any bras my size. And I am not even small, I wear a 34C but all the bras are like D's. And to the girl who said she is flat, be happy, I wish I was a B (I am hoping to get into a B once I drop the last 15 pounds to get to my GW). Having big boobs is not so great, you cant wear a lot of cute tops/

When I go bra shopping I am right on average a Australian 14C, not that I have real breasts but my frame is a size 14 Australian in the chest and back area. For me there is no problem getting a bra to fit properly although my bras are on the boring side as I wear forms. I do have a problem getting non stretch tops with sleaves to fit, I have wide shoulders and I often have to go to a size 16 so its fits ok up top and then it swims on me down below.

This is exactly why I got into making my own bras a while ago. The commercial brands usually don't have the proportions right for someone my size. The only place I can reliably get a decent fit is Frederick's of Hollywood.

If I were to walk into a Victoria's Secret right now, I would have one attendant tell me I'm a 32A, another will say 34A, another will say 32B, another will say 30B, another will say we don't have your size here (which is closest to the truth.

Another option for us girls who have smaller back circumferences is to order from Asian vendors. Their proportions are cut differently to give more support. The cups are closer together, the back band will not be loose, and they reposition the bra straps a little better to fit.

*sighs* I'm a 36 A.....tis a sad sad thing. =( can fit into a 34 B tho....makes me feel alittle better!
wink.gif

totally jelous of YOU lisa...I wish I was bigger...then maybe I'd hit a true B cup...there are middle school girls with bigger racks than myself.... *groans*

ummm ive noticed like the average super model has like 34B size boobs.

so i always joke around saying i dont have the super model body but i have the super model boob size.

I wish my tits where back to their original C-cup size. Bah.

I'm a 36D-36/DD now - hate it!

I'm happy with my 34 B cup. If I were bigger it just would not look right on me even though I'm 5'7''. They are still perky without any surgery...and I don't have any problem with the way clothes fit.

I'm currently a 36D. I gained weight and went up a cup size. Now that I've lost weight I'm back to a D again and I like it that way. Much easer for me to find bras.

I am a 36B but at Victoria's Secret for some reason I'm a 38B. Their bras are too tight in my actual size. Some bras I fit a 36C also... *shrugs* lol, it all depends. I'd RATHER consider myself the 36C but I know thats just not true. Damn haha.

I WAS a 42 DDD, which wasnt the right cup size, but the biggest I could get and if I went up a band size, that didnt work either. Aparently Im just a D now....but I wont know for sure for like a month. To excited to go bra shopping haha

Latest posts

Back