...for 2008?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay, so I'm here thinking about 2007 and how so unexpected the whole year was. It truly was a year full of surprises for me... and to be honest - a boring, wasted year that I could've made much more better.

Think about stuff you wanna do and actually accomplish. Sorta like a New Year resolution thread, but come on now... how many of us actually go through with it? (Ugh, I don't... I still haven't saved any money. Bah ha.)

Just share your plans for 2008.

Make a list, however you wanna do it.

What are your goals, promises, resolutions planning to do (trips, moving, starting school, giving birth haha, etc.)... whatever... pick up a new hobby and doing it? Just tell....

-----------------------------------

- I plan on going to Las Vegas for the first time with friends.

- My goal is to take classes and actually finish them this semester with a good grade. Haha.

- Be there for my best friend's birth to her first baby and my first God child
biggrin.gif

my first thing I need to do is go through my junk room at my house and clear it out. I'm going to be selling my house and everything needs to be neat. That's the one room in my house I dont ever go in....outta sight, outta mind, ya know?

Losing weight used to be at the top every year. No more. I always disappoint myself so I'm not going to say it this year.

To be more fiscally responsible. Selling my house will help and I need to start contributing more money into my 401k. My new laptop was the only major purchase I've had in a very long time and I had to open a Dell account to do that so I'll pay that off when the house sells too.

I need to spend more time with family and friends.

last but not least, I want to go on a REAL vacation this year.

In 2008, I want my new start to begin. I want to be able to call somewhere else my home, and enjoy my life again. I want to be able to forgive the people who have wronged me, and most of all, forgive myself, and make peace with the past. I want to turn 21, and be happy that I am still alive, and not feel terrible because some people I love never got to see, or will get to see when they do. And, of course, I want to start working out again and feel better in that sense!

My #1 goal is to have a healthy, happy baby in May 2008.
smile.gif

After that it is to lose weight. I still haven't lost the 55 lbs I gained while pregnant with Connor. So far I've been losing weight rather than gaining with this pregnancy... so I hope I don't gain too much.

hmm, in 2008 I have a lot of major decisions to make..

I have 1 semester of my undergraduate degree to go. Then I have to decide whether I want to do honours or masters, or just straight out get a job.

I also want to start to save towards a trip to europe once my postgraduate degree is complete, or maybe at the end of 2008.

I want to get a better job that will allow me to have a full time hours for 2-3 days a week, leaving me 2 free days for completing my postgraduate degree.

I want to be more organised and tidy so I can deal with whatever comes up.

I'd like to learn more cooking skills, try to make another quilt..

just in general be more organised and more aware of what is going on. I'd like 2008 to be a happy, non-stressful year, but with my graduation and all the decisions I need to make re: postgraduate study I'm guessing it's going to be a very stressful period, LOL

Lose weight

Move to another state

Crush the Patriarchy install a Constitutional (polyandric) Matriarchy in it's place, and usher in an era of world peace.......yada, yada.

Well since I had such a horrible year 2007, I am really looking forward to 2008 and hoping for a better year.

My Resolutions:

* First off, most important of all I want to find a job that I like and fits my schedule

* Give up caffeine

* Lose weight and finally reach my GW, I am soooooo close this time

* Save $ and not spend so much like I always do

* Make good decisions and have no regrets

I'm all about dollar's this year! LOL .... Getting them, keeping them, investing them, spending them! I'm getting out of debt COMPLETELY this year, moving to a new state, getting ready to buy my first house, opened a seperate IRA for retirement, and am gonna pamper the h*ll outta myself! I've always put everyone else before me, so this year I'm gonna make sure I get my "me time"! Other goals, like weight loss ( 40-50 pounds ) and eating better - cooking more at home. Finding more time for little things with my daughter, like the park and coloring books! Oh, and getting organized!

I plan on getting like 3 raises, one is on the way.

And since I'm turning 21 next summer and need a new drivers license anyway, I'm gonna change my last name to my husbands name at the same time. So I can surprise him with it when he comes home. I'm sooo excited about changing my name. We'll be married for 2 years in May and I want my family to take a fam portrait with him.

Maybe expand my cooking skills from Chicken Fettuccinne to something else... anything else.

I'll try not to dye my hair anything from it's natural color (ugh, it's so tempting though).

And try not to shop so much.

And keep the car accident free.

And see my grandma more often.

I'm sure hoping that 2008 will be a lot better than 2007 has been.

My goals:

To get well again

To be well enough to be able to work 4 full days per week

To have a great wedding in May

Spend more time with my family

Change to a job that I love once I'm healthy enough

I want to lose weight and get in shape again.

I want to catch up on all of my CC bills and get some $$ saved.

I want to go on a vacation. Its been so long!

Last but not least, maybe learn how to cook. Right now my man does all the cooking
laughing.gif

I want to finish my addition plans and get it build for my wife.....

I want to go to Diva Las Vegas... efemme.... or another trans gendered event somewhere.... for me..

I want to keep my weiht off pluss a few pounds....

I want to fit into my size 10 dress again!! Sooo close!!! lol

I want to score more that 3 goals a season!!!

Geez, I was just thinking about this a while ago :E

#1- Go to Colorado and snowboard the crap out of the mountain.....or brake a leg there, which ever one lol

#2- Lose the weight that damn medication put on (like 35 lbs.)

#3- Get my GPA up cause, ya know, I suck.

# IMPORTANT: Get my restricted and my car!!! Which is my 17th birthday present.

#4- Call the damn agency and get some work. Ive been too lazy to call.

#5- I guess become more social and go crazy and sh*t, which Im known for so basically I just want to seem more happy.

#6- Become more involved green wise. Im hoping to get the help of one of the authority figures in my school so that the school would follow and eco friendly path.

#7- Work weekends so I can make $$$

and yeah I guess hooking up with someone worth while would be suhweet.

I want to be more adventurous. Not just for the year 08 but for the rest of my life. I want to take trips to different places, do things that I thought I would never do and stop being afraid of everything.

I want to go to beauty school and get an Associate's Degree at the most, maybe even aim for a Bachelor's Degree. Plus of course the ever so popular "lose weight". If and when I lose weight I would like to follow my other dream of doing some modeling.

Latest posts

Back